Question for guys and girls here

I meant to reply to this topic a few days ago, but never got round to it. Context: I'm a middle-aged man, so probably have an enlarged prostate and consequently smaller bladder space!

If I'm awake, at first, there's a short 'twinge' - for about a second - about midway between my navel and the base of my penis, and about an inch under the skin. That's the first cue I get. I can choose to respond to that and go to pee somewhere, but generally I don't because it passes. After some time that twinge will return and last longer, until gradually it lasts for 30 seconds to a minute at a time. But by moving around, or changing position, it will go away for some time. But as the urge increases, the twinges become a continuous dull ache spreading in a bigger area from the initial point.

By the time I'm getting desperate, I'll have to be moving about all the time - it's instinctive - I know if I just stayed still I would pee. Then the leaks start. For a man, I think the leaks might be a little different from what a woman experiences because our urethras are longer. I can feel pee entering the urethra and travelling down my penis, and if I make a conscious effort I can stop it. I have no idea where the pee goes at that point - whether it's sort of absorbed back again up the urethra, or (more likely) just gradually dribbles out. This might happen several times, and with increasing frequency and volume until there are definite leaks happening. By this point, the dull ache can be a significant pain (well, for a man, a significant pain!). Then it's the point of no return ...

If I'm asleep, and the urge to pee wakes me up (remember I'm 57, so this happens 1, 2 or 3 times a night), I'm already into the "the twinges aren't going to go away" stage, and moving about isn't really an option without waking my wife.

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but it's as close as I can get to a description. I'd be interested to see some other replies!

Edited by Kupar
Typo
  • Agree 1

I feel pressure  and fullness gradually increasing in my bladder.  In the past the pressure also began in my penis, throughout the shaft but focused at the tip more than the base.  My bladder would become painfully distended, and my penis would throb from the pressure . At is't extreme the tip of my penis felt like it could pop off . But as I have gotten older ( I am 68) the pressure behind my pee hole becomes intense much more quickly.  Generally my bladder only can become moderately uncomfortable before a leak threatens or occurs.    It feels like my dick is full of pee . This is odd because I know my sphincter is located at the base of my penis, not further down. Once urine passes my sphincter and enters the shaft there is no stopping it, it is coming out no matter what. Squeezing the tip to staunch the flow seems to help, but only psychologically . Once the pee  actually passes the sphincter a  guy squeezing his dick to stop it from coming out is not only guaranteed to be successful it is extremely painful.  Excruciatingly Painful enough that you will release your hands grip reflexively at once. .

Edited by wettingman
  • Like 1
Guest UnabashedUser
4 hours ago, wettingman said:

. Once urine passes my sphincter and enters the shaft there is no stopping it, it is coming out no matter what. Squeezing the tip to staunch the flow seems to help, but only psychologically

Agree with much of your post. Once some liquid escapes past the valve, it's going to come out.  When I begin to feel the urgency I can reduce that urge somewhat by clenching my anus, but that only works once or twice. The next urge will be stronger and more urgent.  The anus clench trick also works to interrupt the stream.

When I need to pee I seem to feel the urge of desperation in my penis more than anywhere else. Not really sure if this is psychological or physical.

I have reached an age when it is very difficult to avoid dribbles and spurts when desperate, so to avoid that the need to pee is best dealt with before it becomes too intense.

• Like 1