Cool urinals

4 hours ago, ppppppp said:

I like the idea of installing fully functional urinals - male and female - on the walls of an art gallery, among the other works.  With nothing to stop visitors from using them, beyond their own inhibitions.

An interactive museum? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 9:12 PM, Vassal said:

Be fun to just piss through the grate, wonder what's below.

image.thumb.png.f2e60ff0decb8351125eb92a07890bd3.png

I encountered one of these without instructions at an English rest stop.  There was a step up to the grate and I was uncertain whether the grate was to catch drips or if the intent was to stand on it and hit wall directly rather than from 3 feet back.  

On 7/15/2021 at 4:51 PM, yellowii said:

here's the gallery sign.  Quite exclusionary of that blue sign to assume only males can use urinals. 

BVV2009058.jpg

aecdcb13731913.5627763583cf8.jpg

There would be no way I'd show up to that and not be tempted to take a sneaky pee in one lol. Seems like an open enough invitation to me!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 2
  • 2 months later...
On 9/7/2021 at 11:04 PM, pussylover said:

This kind of begs the question - can't the woman's room save space with a big grate?  Equivalent to a trough

There are women’s public bathrooms that are just a hole in the floor, it’s all concrete from memory. You just squat and go. Think they were in India and maybe somewhere in Europe. 

37 minutes ago, Peewee123 said:

There are women’s public bathrooms that are just a hole in the floor, it’s all concrete from memory. You just squat and go. Think they were in India and maybe somewhere in Europe. 

I have seen these in the past in France - for instance near beaches. They were much more common perhaps 30-40 years ago but are pretty much gone now I think (in France anyway): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_toilet

On 8/30/2021 at 9:12 PM, Vassal said:

Be fun to just piss through the grate, wonder what's below.

image.thumb.png.f2e60ff0decb8351125eb92a07890bd3.png

Finally, a urinal for me! Not sure why there's walls with metal panels attached to them, but that's okay. There's a perfectly good wall to soak with piss on the right.
What? It says "PISS ON WALL"!

• Haha 3
On 11/9/2021 at 4:31 AM, Kupar said:

I have seen these in the past in France - for instance near beaches. They were much more common perhaps 30-40 years ago but are pretty much gone now I think (in France anyway): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_toilet

Squat toilets are historically the norm for most of Asia, for both sexes. In the modern day, bathrooms in central public buildings like malls, transit centers, government buildings, etc. as well as work environments like offices are largely Western-style toilets (as far as I understand--I've never been there), as is true in most newly built residences, but in rural towns, beach/nature area toilets, and older buildings there are definitely still quite a few of the more traditional squat toilets around.

Due to squat toilets having being the norm there for centuries, most of them aren't "primitive"--rather they are ceramic fixtures just like most urinals are in the West, placed horizontally rather than vertically. But in some pee videos, I HAVE seen what look like the more primitive form of squat toilets, in the same way a trough urinal is for urinals--and that is one long channel/trench in the floor than runs the length of the room. In most cases there are a series of stalls along the trench that still hide most of the body itself (even though you see the emanations from the people "upstream" flowing under you), but it seems like in particularly primitive setups there may just be dividers. I can't imagine totally open setups being common, as squat toilets are intended to be used for BOTH "toilet functions".

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...