Cool urinals

On 4/26/2022 at 3:23 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

Not sure if this should be here or in funny pee pics.

If you’re into bouldering I guess it is cool. 

89D2D685-AA0C-4A23-89A7-C03477560FF9.jpeg

They need handholds on the ceiling if they want to make this doable! Would be so fun to try!!

• Agree 1
On 10/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, Alfresco said:

These are cool urinals for ladies, seemingly called a "Missoir" - at a festival in Germany by the looks of things:

image.thumb.png.244f7ad8a837b039b29bba4d815d74b9.png

Seems like a simple fine mesh on the floor that ladies can straddle, basic privacy from the outside provided by screens with an open door round the corner to avoid viewing unless you go in, but no privacy from the other people using the facility.  Much the same as the privacy arrangement for most men's multiple occupancy facilities.

Censored photo of it in use, also showing the entrance:

image.thumb.png.55f61c7878de2282006d7391c27191d1.png

Video discussing it (best if you know German, which I don't) is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noFeOoE1uU4

I did a quick search and found the website for the missoir: https://www.missoir.de, which includes this pic, so showing that it is actually intended to be used facing out rather than in (although I guess either works just as well)

image.thumb.png.7d353bd6a90befb3312ade80a8a8d16c.png

This video mentioned above also includes a discussion that on a street, girls need to pay 50 cents to pee in an automatic toilet whereas men can pee standing in the urinal at the side of the building which has an open door.  They discuss using a pee funnel, but they don't demonstrate that.  Quite cool that the urinal is in full view from the outside.

image.thumb.png.2223c6fbf38a84b8037c9eab99720076.png

This is true equality. Women getting the urinal experience too.

• Like 1
On 10/13/2022 at 11:05 PM, ChrisS said:

They need handholds on the ceiling if they want to make this doable! Would be so fun to try!!

No handholds needed, just stand there roughly where the picture was taken from and piss with full force like a pressure washer. Maybe some of it will land in the urinal too. 😆

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 10:14 PM, UnauthorisedGuy said:

Roofless urinal in Alexandra Gardens, a park near the Melbourne (Australia) CBD. 

If it's not cool in the sense meant by the OP, then it's cool in another way, lol.

2.jpg

def gonna swing by here next time im around this way

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Another historical railway related urinal.   I was at the Severn Valley Railway and found that they have restored an original Cast Iron Urinal that was previously located at Melrose Station but was threatened with destruction when the station closed in 1969.  It was restored at the railway and although not used for some time, it has been plumbed in and has been returned to use.   It now stands on the Island Platform at Bewdley Station with laminated information signs giving a summary of its history.   I am sure many people think that it is just a museum exhibit and I don't doubt that some ladies have a nosy inside as well as guys, but they might be surprised if they look inside and find someone using it.   It is pretty exposed as all that separates the person peeing from the people on the platform is the relatively thin cast iron wall.  There is no roof and there are no closing doors and the panels are ventilated at the top, so there is no barrier to sound and when inside you can here the people on the platform talking and moving around.  The only privacy afforded is by nature of needing to turn the corner after entering the doorway. 

There is no sink neither in the toilet nor on the platform, so it is obviously intended and accepted that no handwashing takes place.  The only modern upgrades are that there is a tap inside, presumably for hosing down (and unfortunately fed by blue plastic pipe - I'm sure that they could have done that more subtly), a hand sanitiser (presumably added to allow reopening following Covid 19) and also some yellow disinfectant disks in the trough at the bottom. 

Did I use it?   Of course I did.  I said to my wife that I needed to pee and was going to use it.  She said surely it isn't actually in use, so I said I'd go and have a look inside.   When I got inside I could see that it looked fully functional so I stood at one of the bays and took aim at the back wall.  It was slightly weird hearing all the people so close outside and yet knowing that I was (for once) peeing in a proper facility.  I did wish for a lady to poke her head in for a look thinking it wasn't a functional space, but that didn't happen. I have added a photo of me using it in the men peeing section here: 

The overall view from outside.  You can see the doors with the privacy panel.  The urinals are along the wall facing the right with privacy panel and door at each end.

image.thumb.png.e1c6f05c1890c19ec724998c2cdcad7c.png

Close up of the manufacturers details cast into the panels and the Gentlemen designation which is painted on by a signwriter.

image.thumb.png.f2611e4f189ef42a3def243992756340.png  

The view inside - note the ornate panels at the top, the fairly tall dividers and unfortunately the intrusive addition of hand sanitiser in a very modern looking dispenser on a bit of crappy chipboard.  The floor looks like it doesn't get much of a clean other than maybe the odd hose down.

image.thumb.png.ce758b6fa794f3b8f9ec78b5c46c0586.png

The end urinal "stall", you can see that the entrance is just to the right of it, so the panel to the right is all that stops people seeing in from outside.  Note the addition of the yellow disinfectant pad.  The sides are just painted on the cast iron and the floor is simply a semi circular drain pipe cast into the concrete base.  

image.thumb.png.ee318905688934c444ba40db00619737.png

Magnificent in every way!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to Cardiff for a couple of days with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary last week. We decided to eat at a steakhouse that was recommended by a co-worker. The urinals in there were illuminated, and cycled through different colours as you used them. Though that was pretty cool.

20230426_175851.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/12/2022 at 2:16 AM, Havelock said:

I can't find a photo but I remember German bathrooms in the 80s where the urinal was just a tiled wall with a slight recess and slope at the floor level so pee would run to a drain in the corner or middle. Growing up I loved these because you could pee anywhere on the wall. I remember walking into one in the alps somewhere and the tile started next to the door and ran all the way across the wall. I stood right next to the door seeing how close I could direct my stream to the door. Right above me was a light switch on the tiled wall with no clear border between the tiles below. Naturally I decided to push the boundaries and see if I could get my stream up the tiles to the light switch plate. I mean, where does the urinal end and the wall begin in a bathroom like that?

Now I'm wishing we had more of those in the USA. We have some, but I haven't seen any in person, I've only seen them online. Sounds cool though. I'd love to use one.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a service station on the M40 in Oxfordshire going north you could use without being challenged. It's incredibly busy with guys (and the occasional female) walking in and out. It's a gents with about 40 to 50 bowl type urinals on the wall with about a couple of feet apart. Last time I was in there a guy came in with his young son but older daughter. The daughter pulled up beside my bowl pulled her jogging bottoms down at the front and just peed straight into the bowl. She was noticed but no one said anything. When I was at uni many years ago the girls would regularly use the urinals because of the massive queue for the ladies. M40.... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pisszzz said:

I’m so obsessed with urinals. I love seeing men pee but urinal pee will always make me more excited 😉 I would love to encounter a man at one or even pee in myself. I wish i had my own urinal

You could have one built into your shower or over your bath. Which would be kinda impractical because there’s nothing stopping you or anyone from pissing in the bath or shower, but it would be a way of using one, and the piss tumbling out of its drain hole into the shower/bath (because why plumb it in?)

(I’m sure there’ve been half-serious suggestions of home bathrooms having urinals in, both because they use less water to flush, and because they’re more at the right height so more piss ends up in the urinal and down the drain, as opposed to ending up near the toilet but not in it. How this compares to pissing in the sink instead, idk)

I have a homemade urinal in my shower, and have a post on how you can make your own.

I've since added a hose to the bottom, so it drains to the shower floor. 

I suppose I could just pee in the shower, but this does a good job of keeping the splashing in one place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1