Cool urinals

On 4/12/2022 at 9:16 AM, Havelock said:

I can't find a photo but I remember German bathrooms in the 80s where the urinal was just a tiled wall with a slight recess and slope at the floor level so pee would run to a drain in the corner or middle. Growing up I loved these because you could pee anywhere on the wall. I remember walking into one in the alps somewhere and the tile started next to the door and ran all the way across the wall. I stood right next to the door seeing how close I could direct my stream to the door. Right above me was a light switch on the tiled wall with no clear border between the tiles below. Naturally I decided to push the boundaries and see if I could get my stream up the tiles to the light switch plate. I mean, where does the urinal end and the wall begin in a bathroom like that?

That's called a pinkelrinne or pissrinne in German. "Pee gutter" in English, basically a trough urinal that goes all the way down to the floor.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:45 AM, harry_jones_1975 said:

I managed to resist, though was massively excited at so many women inside urinals lol

I been there to check out the cafe and I was sooo tempted to have a quick squirt. XD too many eyes tho 

• 2 weeks later...

The picture does not look as cool as it is in reality. This Urinal wall is in an actual Cigar Lounge in Montreal.  It is a stainless wall with continuous waterfall on it... you just pee in the open on the wall. Initially, the ladies also had a special treat as they had their own special urinal on the form of a facial mask with a tube. 

image.jpg

WHISKY-CAFE-CUBANHOUSEOFCIGARS-13.jpeg

• Love 1
On 5/30/2022 at 3:52 AM, yellowii said:

this splash shield would make this urinal atypically easy for women to use the way they tend to approach it - by squatting backwards.  It would also make for a great display. 

6927340897_d28b9bf343_o.jpg

I can't help thinking that whoever designed this was probably over-thinking the simple process of peeing into the container.

This took me by surprise at the weekend. It's possibly the world's shortest stainless steel trough urinal - maybe 80cm wide. Generously proportioned for one person, but would serve two close friends, as long as they were slim. Greek Taverna on Bold Street, Liverpool, if you want to see it.

World's shortest trough urinal a.jpg

Edited by Kupar
Correcting factual error
  • Like 3
On 5/31/2022 at 4:09 AM, Kupar said:

This took me by surprise at the weekend. It's possibly the world's shortest stainless steel trough urinal - maybe 80cm wide. Generously proportioned for one person, but would serve two close friends, as long as they were slim. Greek Taverna on Bold Street, Liverpool, if you want to see it.

World's shortest trough urinal a.jpg

Odd they didn't use one of the sides of that long area instead of only the far end. 

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, yellowii said:

Odd they didn't use one of the sides of that long area instead of only the far end. 

I guess they reasoned it would be difficult for one user to get past another without accidentally nudging them into the trough 🙂