HVAC lady used my toilet

Great account, and for me that last sentence of her telling you that you saved her from wetting is the icing on the cake.

I love those situations when a lady will confess to an almost complete stranger that they are, or were bursting. I have this idea in my mind that I'd reply with a subtle half jokey comment, the sort of thing that could be played down but could also lead to a deeper conversation - like discussing the occupational hazards of being a service engineer on the road and strange places she'd been desperate before.  Or "Oh no! is that speaking from experience?"  Then my brain never works quick enough, or it suddenly feels too creepy and I just end up smiling sympathetically.

As for the not washing hands - I guess her hands were already dirty from her work and apart from touching the toilet seat it sounds like the rest of her pee was hands free anyway.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
5 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Great account, and for me that last sentence of her telling you that you saved her from wetting is the icing on the cake.

I love those situations when a lady will confess to an almost complete stranger that they are, or were bursting. I have this idea in my mind that I'd reply with a subtle half jokey comment, the sort of thing that could be played down but could also lead to a deeper conversation - like discussing the occupational hazards of being a service engineer on the road and strange places she'd been desperate before.  Or "Oh no! is that speaking from experience?"  Then my brain never works quick enough, or it suddenly feels too creepy and I just end up smiling sympathetically.

As for the not washing hands - I guess her hands were already dirty from her work and apart from touching the toilet seat it sounds like the rest of her pee was hands free anyway.

I too liked that she revealed how desperate she was, mainly because of how personal that is. Even though she apologized for asking, she still wasn't ashamed or insecure about it. I wish I'd thought to pry a little and ask if that happens often on the job but I didn't even think to do so. I'm sure she would've been okay answering. With the hand washing, I agree, they were dirty already, covered with black soot, plus she didn't wipe so probably didn't touch herself down there anyway. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Fantastic experience.  Love the fact that she made a bit of splatter as well and didn't wipe.   On the subject of wiping, it reminds me of a joke "What's the difference between a university and a technical college?  - At University they teach you to wash your hands thoroughly after you urinate.  At Technical College they teach you not to piss on your hands....."

I reckon that you could have had an enjoyable chat with her about peeing.  Given that (a) you didn't know her and (b) she seemed to be quite at ease making the sounds, I think I would not have been able to resist saying something about the power of her stream.  It could have been an interesting opening to a conversation.  I would have probably just started with "Wow, you rattled the windows there, you must have been really desperate!"   She probably would have laughed and said something about how much she needed to go.   You may even have been able to start the questions about whether many people refuse use of facilities and what does she do then?  You may have got some good stories about squatting by the van.  She obviously wasn't the sort that would be delicate and offended by such conversation.  I know it is difficult at the time, because you are not expecting it and then get very unsure about what is safe to discuss, but I think you could have had some fun there.

Is there any way you can request the same engineer for next year?   Say how good she was or something and request that she returns?  Of course, make sure that you make her a drink next time as well.

Yeah I probably could've started some level of dialogue with her but my mind just wasn't thinking like that and she spoke of her desperation after I'd paid her and she was heading toward the door, so it wasn't a good time to hold her up with pee questions anyway. I should've said something earlier while she was still working.

I thought about requesting her next year, as her name is on the invoice. I think I'll give it a try!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

In hindsight, I am wondering if she would have let you watch her pee.

You could have jokingly said  " Only if I can join you".

There is a chance she would have said  something like    " sure, I don't care", and you could watch her piss.

The risk would have been low considering her gruff demeanor.  I am sure she would not have been offended by your sense of humor.

If she does return next year, you might want to consider this  if she needs to pee again.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 10/18/2020 at 12:44 PM, luv2watch said:

In hindsight, I am wondering if she would have let you watch her pee.

You could have jokingly said  " Only if I can join you".

There is a chance she would have said  something like    " sure, I don't care", and you could watch her piss.

The risk would have been low considering her gruff demeanor.  I am sure she would not have been offended by your sense of humor.

If she does return next year, you might want to consider this  if she needs to pee again.

Agreed. It's happened to me before so why can't it happen to him? Haha

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 9:58 PM, BlindListener said:

Hello Brutus,

A few years have gone by, and I assume that you did not get the nerve up to request the woman technician since you haven't posted any updates.

No, I never bothered. Funny thing is I did spot her at Walmart last year around Christmas, with some dude of course.  

• Like 1