Opinion: I honestly think trough urinals are great

28 minutes ago, Ms. Tito said:

Shy introvert me: I don't know....Communal showers make me uncomfortable.... 

Exhibitionist me: But don't you wanna be naked around so many sexy people of all genders? Doesn't that sound hot?~~~ 

While they're becoming quite rare, I always loved unisex communal showers.

3 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

Shy introvert me: I don't know....Communal showers make me uncomfortable.... 

Exhibitionist me: But don't you wanna be naked around so many sexy people of all genders? Doesn't that sound hot?~~~ 

I can totally relate to the, we probably all can - apart from the total overconfident exhibitionists. And the total introverts probably wouldn't be there anyway.

• Like 2

My psychology qualifications are limited to taking the advice of a certain Dr. Google, so no guarantee of validity here...

But I've just done a quick look online in response to tackling phobias and fears - there seems to be two main approaches (before we get down the paths of alternative medicine, hypnotherapy and the likes).

Either avoidance / distance therapy where you spend your life working on the basis there's some danger or risk that can be mitigated by distancing from the source.  I'll freely admit that's the solution I take when thinking about poisonous spiders, snakes and jumping off very tall buildings.

Then there's an entirely opposite therapy which involves tackling your fears head on.  Maybe in a way that minimises the perception of risk slightly - like public speaking for the first time in front of a smallish audience before the big crowd. Learning to ride a 50cc or 125cc motorbike before jumping onto the super bike, that sort of thing.  In another life I'm a photographer - and walking up to their front door for the first meeting with new clients terrifies me.  So does the drive to a wedding venue where I know I've got one chance to get it right for their wedding photographs. But I keep doing it and it has got easier.

So you guys who always head for a stall. You blokes always controlled by your fears - what's the worse that could happen?  Why not just step up to that trough and give it a go? 

On 8/26/2020 at 5:34 AM, lollipopbonehead said:

Looking forward to the next time I see a trough urinal so I can have an experience like that again. Being able to get over those fears I had has been such a weight lifted from my shoulder.

Glad that you overcame your fears.  I was urinal shy many years ago, and it gradually went away.  I'm now leaning in the other direction.  I like it when I use a trough in a room with an open door and people outside can look in and watch me pee.

• Love 1

I don't know if it's still there, but Frankfurt (Germany) Airport had a men's room where the urinals were just an irregularly pentagonal (? memory is poor after all these years) room completely covered in white tile, with a gutter around the outside edge.

I rather enjoyed it. It was very liberating to feel like I could piss *anywhere* in that room and it would be OK. Also, it would have been a great sort of room for piss orgies.

Here in the US, older fair buildings often have trough urinals. I find a certain quaint practicality in them. Low-cost, relatively simple to plumb.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Beach Bro said:

Glad that you overcame your fears.  I was urinal shy many years ago, and it gradually went away.  I'm now leaning in the other direction.  I like it when I use a trough in a room with an open door and people outside can look in and watch me pee.

Yeah! I’ve walked up there to use that same trough urinal three times since then. It is quite nice to use now that I’ve gotten over the fear of it. Usually I’d sit down near for a few minutes and wait for another gentleman to go in, so I can join him at the trough 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 9:57 PM, beachmom said:

While they're becoming quite rare, I always loved unisex communal showers.

That sounds like the only acceptable place to challenge a woman to a pissing contest.  Notice she's peeing and brag that you can pee farther only to see her hold her labia out of the way and pee farther than you.

• Love 1
  • 4 months later...

Trough urinals are my absolute favourite kind of urinal to use. I have felt this way ever since primary school. In primary school, at lunchtimes, we (us boys) used to have pissing competitions to see who was able to pee the highest up the trough wall. Back then, I was uncircumcised and had quite a large urethra. This meant that my pee stream was very thick and didn’t have much power. It was always a struggle for me to lift my stream just above the top of the trough. A couple of my friends though who were circumcised and had a smaller urethra were able to get their piss streams right up above the trough and hit the ceiling. I would stand there jealously watching them, cheering them on and wishing that I was circumcised so that I could join them in the glory of being the boy who could piss that high. 

fast forward to my 19th birthday and for a present to myself, and getting my mother to put some money towards it, I got myself circumcised. However, I still have a large urethra and I don’t get any power in my piss streams. But I have learned to cover half of my urethra which gives me the power in my stream to lift it up. 

Recently I reunited with some of my primary school friends at a pub. We drank, caught up and reminisced about the good old days. I brought up the peeing competitions into the conversation and we all laughed. My friend Adam (one of the circumcised guys) suggested we pound down our beers we were drinking and go into the bathroom and have a pissing competition. 
we all agreed that it would be fun like the old days and it would be a good laugh. 
they were not aware that I was circumcised now and that I could now piss pretty high. 

When we went into the bathroom, we saw the long steel trough and lined up together at it. Adam went first and got his stream pretty high up the wall. We cheered him on and I said “Solid effort mate!”

Craig went next. He pulled out his unit and pulled his foreskin back. He barely got his stream halfway up the trough. We laughed and Adam said “tough luck mate, not much has changed!” Craig said back “Well that’s me probably out then!” 

I was eagerly waiting for my turn, a couple of the other blokes followed Craig. We al went one at a time so we could properly judge who got the highest. 
After the other guys went, it was finally my turn. Adam was still in the lead though. 

I excitedly pulled out my unit and Adam and Craig looked at my half erect penis that was out in front of the trough. 
Adam asked “When did you get that done mate?” 
he was talking about my circumcision. 
He followed up his question with “I thought you were uncut back in the day!”

I told him that I got it done a year ago now, and I absolutely love it! 

I covered half of my urethra (as I now knew that gave me the extra power I needed) and started to unleash my stream. I lifted it up past the top of the trough and kept it steady. At this point, I had overtaken everyone but Adam, but I still wasn’t finished pissing. I gave it an extra push and got it right up the wall, well above head height, creeping up to where Adam had finished. 
Everyone was cheering me on and Adam was shaking his head with his mouth gaping open in disbelief. I passed where Adam left off by at least 6-8 inches. 
My mates slapped me on the back and congratulated me on my efforts. 
I had finally beaten all my friends at the pissing contest. Something that I always wanted to achieve! 
We all left the bathroom together and went back to the bar for more drinks. Craig bought the next rounds as he was the loser. None of that important bonding and mateship would have ever occurred if it there was no such thing as trough urinals. 

They are an important part of the development of every young male. 
society these days is too prude and uptight. 
Can’t we all just get over ourselves and come to the realisation that all of us (males) have the same parts. Who cares about who looks like what, get over it and piss freely! 

Rant over, end of my story!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Simpfan said:

Does a trough urinal give a sense of more freedom, as if you're pissing at a wall, or don't need to aim as much?

Yes. Exactly that (for me anyway). Unfortunately, they are increasingly rare in pubs in England.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used a trough urinal before and I enjoyed it.  It was at a football stadium and all the men's rooms on the ground floor had trough urinals while the men's rooms on the upper levels had individual urinals.  My seat was on one of the upper levels, but I made the trek to the ground floor just to use the trough urinals.  I wish more places had trough urinals.  

• Like 1

Trough urinals look soooo enjoyable I’ve always wanted to walk up to one and just whip it out and piss but sadly the only time I’ve had the chance to use one as I was getting ready to go and someone walked in and came next to me and I got pee shy lol

• Love 1
On 3/30/2021 at 12:38 AM, I.P Freely said:

Trough urinals are my absolute favourite kind of urinal to use. I have felt this way ever since primary school. In primary school, at lunchtimes, we (us boys) used to have pissing competitions to see who was able to pee the highest up the trough wall. Back then, I was uncircumcised and had quite a large urethra. This meant that my pee stream was very thick and didn’t have much power. It was always a struggle for me to lift my stream just above the top of the trough. A couple of my friends though who were circumcised and had a smaller urethra were able to get their piss streams right up above the trough and hit the ceiling. I would stand there jealously watching them, cheering them on and wishing that I was circumcised so that I could join them in the glory of being the boy who could piss that high. 

fast forward to my 19th birthday and for a present to myself, and getting my mother to put some money towards it, I got myself circumcised. However, I still have a large urethra and I don’t get any power in my piss streams. But I have learned to cover half of my urethra which gives me the power in my stream to lift it up. 

Recently I reunited with some of my primary school friends at a pub. We drank, caught up and reminisced about the good old days. I brought up the peeing competitions into the conversation and we all laughed. My friend Adam (one of the circumcised guys) suggested we pound down our beers we were drinking and go into the bathroom and have a pissing competition. 
we all agreed that it would be fun like the old days and it would be a good laugh. 
they were not aware that I was circumcised now and that I could now piss pretty high. 

When we went into the bathroom, we saw the long steel trough and lined up together at it. Adam went first and got his stream pretty high up the wall. We cheered him on and I said “Solid effort mate!”

Craig went next. He pulled out his unit and pulled his foreskin back. He barely got his stream halfway up the trough. We laughed and Adam said “tough luck mate, not much has changed!” Craig said back “Well that’s me probably out then!” 

I was eagerly waiting for my turn, a couple of the other blokes followed Craig. We al went one at a time so we could properly judge who got the highest. 
After the other guys went, it was finally my turn. Adam was still in the lead though. 

I excitedly pulled out my unit and Adam and Craig looked at my half erect penis that was out in front of the trough. 
Adam asked “When did you get that done mate?” 
he was talking about my circumcision. 
He followed up his question with “I thought you were uncut back in the day!”

I told him that I got it done a year ago now, and I absolutely love it! 

I covered half of my urethra (as I now knew that gave me the extra power I needed) and started to unleash my stream. I lifted it up past the top of the trough and kept it steady. At this point, I had overtaken everyone but Adam, but I still wasn’t finished pissing. I gave it an extra push and got it right up the wall, well above head height, creeping up to where Adam had finished. 
Everyone was cheering me on and Adam was shaking his head with his mouth gaping open in disbelief. I passed where Adam left off by at least 6-8 inches. 
My mates slapped me on the back and congratulated me on my efforts. 
I had finally beaten all my friends at the pissing contest. Something that I always wanted to achieve! 
We all left the bathroom together and went back to the bar for more drinks. Craig bought the next rounds as he was the loser. None of that important bonding and mateship would have ever occurred if it there was no such thing as trough urinals. 

They are an important part of the development of every young male. 
society these days is too prude and uptight. 
Can’t we all just get over ourselves and come to the realisation that all of us (males) have the same parts. Who cares about who looks like what, get over it and piss freely! 

Rant over, end of my story!

Awesome story! Wish I had experiences  like this growing up.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 9/1/2020 at 10:17 PM, Ms. Tito said:

Would you guys be comfortable with a decently endowed girl standing next to you peeing in a trough urinal?

I would. I actually had a "Normal urinal" where a endowed trans girl stood peeing next to me.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

Oooo tell me about her 

Okay sure do you want me to message you, (Sorry I'm a bit shy and I like messenger better) but I can still tell you out here.

Edit: Just posted it below

Edited by secretfan
5 minutes ago, Ms. Tito said:

Oooo tell me about her 

It was about in 2018-2019. 

It was kind of interesting. So I was actually at a new york train station. So basically there was a woman who was actually pretty nice, she was sitting close to me waiting for a train. (Keep in mind it was about 1 or 2 a.m. so it wasn't nearly as busy. I started to head for the men's room but I forgot something (A bag) i debated whether I should leave my bag unattended or just take it with me in the bathroom. 

So all of a sudden I hear a voice call to me and say "Sir" and this women with relatively shoulder length hair that was blonde she had a deeper voice and said she "wanted to ask me something". She took a deep breath and asked me "So I know this may sound weird but do you mind if I use the men's room?" ----- I was perplexed. She asked me "I know it sounds weird I just don't want to get in trouble so I wondered if it was a problem". (At this point I didn't know she was trans). --- She said it was a long story, I assumed that she was just a woman who didn't want to wait in line like the other women. Given that it was a big bathroom I thought nothing of it and was like "Sure". 

Of course I went into the bathroom there was a long corridor that led to a urinal directly ahead but then when you made a left there were urinals on all of the walls. Before you reached that area there were three "Left turns" you could make and there would be a sink, 3 urinals on each side of the wall and two stalls. Basically (Since I didn't like using public bathrooms at the time, just looked around the bathroom to see where I should go. So I decided to take one of the left turns. I didn't want the lady to see me since I figured she'd freak out. So I went in and I saw the three bowl type urinals, no dividers, I took the one on the end I took a few deep breaths and took out my penis it was flaccid but then I saw the women from before come over, I figured she'd just go to one of the stalls or something but she came up to me (I hadn't started peeing yet but due to the excitement I got an erection). She looked at the urinal that was somewhat close to me but then she started unzipping her pants and out of my peripheral vision, I saw her taking something out at first it was flaccid but she had a penis!

I was shocked and I looked down in front of me, my penis was fully erect. She seemed to be breathing deeply in and out while holding her penis (I assume she was nervous so she was trying to take deep breaths). I was nervous but I also couldn't help but look. She also briefly shot glances at me. I was kind of proud of my size but I admit that she was not too bad herself. Eventually I calmed down enough to start peeing and she did too but even though I was finished I still wanted to watch her pee too and I did out of the corner of my eyes then I put my penis away too and we both flushed. 

She was wearing a long sleave light blue shirt and she wore dark blue jeans with a brown belt and a buckle along. She looked kind of between middle aged and maybe 30s I didn't know.

• Love 1
  • Hot 3
23 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

Oooo tell me about her 

There are a few other experiences I had as well but I'll tell you them if you want. That was when I had grown even more comfortable with the idea of a trans-woman being next to me in the bathroom but yeah any more details you need you can ask haha

Two photos from a large cricket stadium. The rather lovely white porcelain trough-like urinals have pointless dividers. The stainless steel trough outside ... is actually a water bottle refill 'hydration station' but the design has clearly been lifted from that of a tough urinal. I wonder how many times ... 😉

PSX_20220821_141927.jpg

PSX_20220821_141908.jpg

• Like 1

First time I encountered a trough was when I was a kid, like 6 or 7, at an amusement park mens room. The thought of peeing into the same urinal simultaneously with other men/boys and them being able to see me made me feel embarrassed and I used the stall instead. These days I like using a trough, though I admit that it sometimes feels a bit intimidating due to the lack of privacy.

Edited by Loller