Somehow I’d never done this until now, though I had pissed in a bottle while camping. Generally I’d either got out of the car and gone in the car park, or else it had been too busy for either in which case I’d have to find an actual toilet, but recently... I found myself in the car needing to pee, and was able to turn sideways and pee into an empty coffee cup. The cup filled up alarmingly fast - fortunately I hadn’t been completely desperate or I’d have had a problem! With visions of accidentally hurling the pee through the air, I carefully opened the door and dumped the pee out on the tarmac. Maybe I should keep a wide mouthed empty bottle in the car, just in case!

• Like 3
6 hours ago, oliver2 said:

Somehow I’d never done this until now, though I had pissed in a bottle while camping. Generally I’d either got out of the car and gone in the car park, or else it had been too busy for either in which case I’d have to find an actual toilet, but recently... I found myself in the car needing to pee, and was able to turn sideways and pee into an empty coffee cup. The cup filled up alarmingly fast - fortunately I hadn’t been completely desperate or I’d have had a problem! With visions of accidentally hurling the pee through the air, I carefully opened the door and dumped the pee out on the tarmac. Maybe I should keep a wide mouthed empty bottle in the car, just in case!

Sounds like a wide mouthed bottle would come in handy 

On 6/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, oliver2 said:

There's a good reason I keep an empty liter-size wide mouth bottle under the passenger seat. It's come in very handy on several long road trips. I've even used it in stop and go traffic. Good thing I've learned to drive with my knees.

• Haha 2
On 6/18/2020 at 3:29 PM, oliver2 said:

maybe get yourself a cheap refillable drinks bottle from the supermarket, unscrew the top you've got a decent sized aperture, and a decent capacity (usually 500-700 ml)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, glad1 said:

There's a good reason I keep an empty liter-size wide mouth bottle under the passenger seat. It's come in very handy on several long road trips. I've even used it in stop and go traffic. Good thing I've learned to drive with my knees.

Not trying that with a manual transmission 🙃

• Haha 1

I keep an empty 64-ounce apple juice bottle under the seat.  It has a screw top, a large enough mouth, and if someone sees it after it's been used, it looks like apple juice.  Slide forward in the seat and hold the bottle as upright as possible.  Tilting it too much will just spill the contents on you or the seat.  Being well-endowed helps.