Feedback / Idea Speed & Loading Reports

How's the site running for you right now?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How is the site running for you?

• Good!
    • Bad!

10 hours ago, Kupar said:

Chatroom appears to have a problem on the desktop site again I'm afraid (Chrome / Windows). It's working OK on mobile site (Android), and I can enter new chats on the desktop site, but the conversation isn't showing.

Yes - Safari on Mac desktop not available on any of the three sources - Home Page chat, Live Chat page and unusually the bottom right window all blank.  One-to-one gold chats still appear available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Main chat window seems to have fallen over on desktop site and Android. Little corner box on desktop is still there.

Android chat back thanks. Can't check desktop at the moment

13 hours ago, Kupar said:

Main chat window seems to have fallen over on desktop site and Android. Little corner box on desktop is still there.

Just checked into the site 6:30am GMT  on Sat 2nd and yes - that's still the case on desktop, blank main chat window.  Corner window shows '0 chatting' but does have recent conversations.

@Admin - am I imagining something in conversation just the other day about the site running well at the moment....?  😉

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The site appears to be having issues at around 00:45 (UK Time) each night. Possibly site maintenance or something?

I don't notice it straight away because if I am sat on the homepage using the chat I don't get any error messages, but I have noticed the chat won't update and I am sat waiting for a reply, thinking they are just busy or something. It's only when I then decide to browse the forum that the messages come through because the page has reloaded.

Sorry for being so terrible at explaining what I mean, it's 1am at the moment and I'm feeling preeeety tired! I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

I got the Cloudflare page earlier and things got very slow, but at around 00:45 BT drops my internet connection pretty regularly and I have to wait for the router to reconnect, quite irritating as the BT router takes ages.

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

I've only noticed it around those times. I'll have to start making a note of the times 

Pretty sure this would be related to the site backup which I believe happens in that time slot. I'll look into changing this though, as it's actually not a very practical time since I imagine a lot of people browse the site around then. Later in the night would probably be better. 

2 hours ago, Admin said:

Pretty sure this would be related to the site backup which I believe happens in that time slot. I'll look into changing this though, as it's actually not a very practical time since I imagine a lot of people browse the site around then. Later in the night would probably be better. 

I've made exactly the same observations as @Sophie. Every night around 1:42 am German time (0:42 UK time) the site is off for a few minutes, as if the server did a reboot. It occurs very regularly every night and has always done ever since I joined peefans. 

Edited by kalle2020
Typo corrected
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info everyone. I have tried moving the backup to later in the night when hopefully less people are online.

Please let me know if the problem continues though.

• Thanks 1
On 6/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, Admin said:

Thanks for the info everyone. I have tried moving the backup to later in the night when hopefully less people are online.

Just observed the exact same thing again: Around 1:45 German time (0:45 UK time) the site was off for a few minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 8:37 AM, Admin said:

Did you change the time? The site has just gone down again at 00:45 like usual.

• 4 months later...