Feedback / Idea Speed & Loading Reports

How's the site running for you right now?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How is the site running for you?

• Good!
    • Bad!

I hope I'm doing the right thing by posting this here...I've gotten a "500 error, unable to display site due to a technical issue" sporadically over the last couple of days when trying to access different threads in the forums. Unfortunately I can't give any specific threads or actions that are consistent triggers, it seems to be pretty random and sometimes just reloading the page will display it correctly, other times it will bring up the same error repeatedly. 

I am in no way complaining, only staying what happened in case it's helpful in any way. If I should do something different or have handled it another way I hope one of the mods will let me know.

• Agree 2

Yes, same as the above posts - getting this white screen error on transitioning from one page to another.  A 500 error, and two slightly different texts.  One of them with a 'SQL Server Has Gone Away' message if that helps narrow it down.

Also dialogues like chatbox, notifications and messages taking longer than usual to populate - presuming all down to SQL Server slow responses (?)

Possibly related - a couple of times recently I've typed a message in chat. Hit enter, it's disappeared off the text entry box but never appeared in the chat sequence of messages.

Also on initial typing 'peefans' into Bing, there's usually the same list of archived site pages including 'login' and that list had changed this morning.

• 1 month later...

Very minor @Admin - but for info, twice today Chatbox seems to have played up for me again.

Either logged on and found the chatbox on the homepage empty (but bottom corner popup Live Chat was fine) or vice versa - with bottom corner Live Chat 'conversations' blank but the homepage chat working fine.

Soon recovered itself in each case.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kupar said:

Main chat room window and pop-up box seem to be broken for me at the moment. Am I alone in this? Desktop site only (Chrome). Seems to be OK on Android mobile site.

Main chat is broken but popup works for me (as is usual) 

• 3 weeks later...

A slightly different kind of loading issue here....   Maybe to do with certificates?

This afternoon browsing the site on my mobile (iOS 14.6, Safari in Private mode), as I often do and on a page loadup got a 'Security Certificate not valid' message.  Beyond that every time I try to access the site through my phone now via 4G it gives a (maybe suspect?) 'Vodafone Restricted Content 18+' page.

In a nutshell I can't access the site from 4G.

With the same phone on home Wifi there's absolutely no issues - works perfectly.  But with wifi off and depending on 4G it's a definite no.

Hopefully just a glitch and not the start of Vodafone being problematic.

[Edit - looks like it may be my Vodafone connection, and seems to affect other 18+ sites]

1 hour ago, gldenwetgoose said:

A slightly different kind of loading issue here....   Maybe to do with certificates?

This afternoon browsing the site on my mobile (iOS 14.6, Safari in Private mode), as I often do and on a page loadup got a 'Security Certificate not valid' message.  Beyond that every time I try to access the site through my phone now via 4G it gives a (maybe suspect?) 'Vodafone Restricted Content 18+' page.

In a nutshell I can't access the site from 4G.

With the same phone on home Wifi there's absolutely no issues - works perfectly.  But with wifi off and depending on 4G it's a definite no.

Hopefully just a glitch and not the start of Vodafone being problematic.

[Edit - looks like it may be my Vodafone connection, and seems to affect other 18+ sites]

Sounds like you need to ask Vodafone to turn off the block on adult sites. 

2 hours ago, Admin said:

Sounds like you need to ask Vodafone to turn off the block on adult sites. 

Well - Definitely seemed to be Vodafone’s issue and not the site. Now working again as this post testifies.  Panic over. 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Seem to be having a few issues with Chatbox and site loading in general tonight - chat messages not appearing for a few seconds, or not appearing at all.  Refreshing the page and they've not posted.

Also page refreshes coming up with a white blank server error page too.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Chatroom appears to have a problem on the desktop site again I'm afraid (Chrome / Windows). It's working OK on mobile site (Android), and I can enter new chats on the desktop site, but the conversation isn't showing.