Feedback / Idea Speed & Loading Reports

How's the site running for you right now?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How is the site running for you?

• Good!
    • Bad!

2 minutes ago, Admin said:

@Sophie has it happened in the last week aside from that?

In the last 90 minutes I've been making server tweaks that could have caused this.

If it's been happening other times though then it's obviously something else.

Thanks for letting me know.

Apart from today I haven't had any issues. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Apart from today I haven't had any issues. 

Think it's a high chance the stuff I was doing caused it.

All finished now though, and no other updates / template changes / server changes planned for the foreseeable future, so if any issues do come up, please let me know as it'll mean it's something else.

• Thanks 1

Bit of a little funny on chat this afternoon (5:15pm UK)....    

Chatting using the corner pop-up live chat (Safari, desktop browsing) all appeared normal - however other members asking if they'd been banned.  Seems that the Home Screen chat is completely blank, as is pop-up-in-new-window chat.  Also the list of chat members online is blank in all three places.

Corner-pop-up remains ok...

Refreshing screen doesn't make a difference - and same experience on mobile (Safari iOS browser) and for other users.

13 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Just looked in on the site from my phone and the chat box issue seems to be playing up again...

Front page main chat blank, corner pop-up ok, but shows zero members on chat. 

Exactly the opposite issue for me. Corner box live chat is blank; main page live chat working fine!  Edit: And now working fine!

Edited by Kupar

Thanks for the reports, not really sure what would cause that to be honest, other than possibly the server being temporarily overwhelmed. There have been more people online recently.

I haven't seen it happen at all in the past week, but please keep updating when you notice it -very useful to have the details & time log of when it happened. 

• Like 1

Have temporarily disabled the private one to one live chats, as I think it could be causing an issue where only one chat can be open at a time (either main or corner). 

Please let me know if you notice it at all over next couple of days, as if you do, we can at least rule out the private chats being an issue.

• Like 1

Just made a change - could you guys try clearing your cache so it takes effect, and keep me updated.

Unfortunately this may take a few back and forth changes like this to identify and fix the problem. But each time I can narrow things down further. Thanks for your patience. 

In the meantime, at least one of the chats always works, so it's not that the chat becomes totally inaccessible. 

• Like 1

Just reporting an issue on behalf of @Bacardi - 'I'm not able to access the chat room. Every time my keyboard comes up on mobile it kicks me out '

Don't know if you've come across that before and whether it was a one off affecting just her?  (Was about 9:30-10:00PM UK time)

[Edit - further info...]

So i hit more, hit live chat, and it takes me to the chat page, but the second I tap the type bar to bring up my keyboard it kicks me to a blank page--again it's like the chat page just without the chat lol. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Just reporting an issue on behalf of @Bacardi - 'I'm not able to access the chat room. Every time my keyboard comes up on mobile it kicks me out '

Don't know if you've come across that before and whether it was a one off affecting just her?  (Was about 9:30-10:00PM UK time)

[Edit - further info...]

So i hit more, hit live chat, and it takes me to the chat page, but the second I tap the type bar to bring up my keyboard it kicks me to a blank page--again it's like the chat page just without the chat lol. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually.

Probably needs to clear cache, as the chat was recently updated. You can now enable/disable the chatbox button in corner from dropdown menu when you click your name. The popups about being disconnected should now have stopped too. 

As for speed issues, unfortunately I didn't do anything there, but seems like it fixed itself. Perhaps was just high traffic. 

Thanks for keeping me updated on all of this everyone, it's really useful.

• Thanks 1

I'm having an issue where I cannot view the main chat only while not logged in. The corner chat still works fine when logged out and the main chat both on the home page and https://peefans.com/chatbox/room/1-live-chat/ work when logged in.

I've repeated this on my android tablet running Chrome and Ubuntu desktop running Firefox , I've also cleared my cache. 

^ I will investigate. Has it been ok when logged in the past few days?

Also, some unfortunate news regarding the marketplace for buying/sell files (like a peefans 'onlyfans') - due to issues with payment processors, this isn't possible at the moment. I am hopeful in the future it will be, and anyone who submitted an application will be first in line to be part of it. But for now, sadly, it will have to be paused. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Admin said:

^ I will investigate. Has it been ok when logged in the past few days?

Also, some unfortunate news regarding the marketplace for buying/sell files (like a peefans 'onlyfans') - due to issues with payment processors, this isn't possible at the moment. I am hopeful in the future it will be, and anyone who submitted an application will be first in line to be part of it. But for now, sadly, it will have to be paused. 

Yes at the moment it appears to be okay. I meant to post earlier today but it slipped my mind 

• Thanks 1