Feedback / Idea Should it be allowed?

I have a little bit of a personal niggle....  but there's every chance it's just me being a miserable old git, so this is a very open question and I'm completely open to any answer:-

It seems increasingly to be a thing that (newcomers?) are using this site as a means to hook up via third party channels like snapchat, kid or whatever others.  Many people are posting within their intro posts, commenting on existing posts and some blatantly in chatbox.  Now clearly in going to a third party site they step away from the administrated, organised, safe environment of this community.

But also it niggles me that Admin go to a hell of a lot of work, a lot of members furnish a lot of content and put effort into making this an awesome community - and to use this forum as a means to exchange details and go elsewhere feels a bit off - like taking your own picnic into a restaurant.

I've seen many occasions where people have been reminded this isn't a dating site. Should there also be some discouragement for the sharing of other app addresses (as there is for selling services etc) to encourage stronger communicate and support within this community? 

• Like 1

Well as you know I have a chat on Skype.  It has about 12 people in it all from here.   I love our little group.  Not only do we have some naughty talk but we usually have every day conversation about our day.   I look forward to chatting with everyone.   I can’t log on here all the time especially at work.  When on here it doesnt give you notifications like Skype or Kik does when your chatting with someone. So it hard to have a conversation with someone on here at times.  And when browsing the site it hard to talk to someone in the chat box.  Private message is easier when on the site because you get a notification.   And swapping videos are easier. But one thing I don’t get is just putting your info out there before even talking to anyone. I only invited certain people I have the same interests in and find them interesting to talk to before giving out my Skype or Kik info.  I have no interest in dating anyone I just love to chat to like minded people.  And not interested in video chatting with anyone else.  I have a video chat buddy. I prefer to stick with that person. 

• Like 1

Thank you @Admin - I didn't want to think it was just me being a grumpy old man. 

And @Sweets - as Admin has said, no harm in making genuine friends and then choosing to chat with them directly as well as here.  Let's face it, you (and I) are still active here and trying to make it the best place we can.

1 hour ago, Admin said:

So, as of today, the rules have been amended that using this site as a dating site or asking for kiks, snapchats etc is BANNED

I would like to further add to this that any members seeing such posts please report them. We mods might not necessarily see everything, so if it is reported to us we can be informed of it.

Thank you to you all.

• Agree 2
  • 3 months later...

I still regard myself as a newbie... As I'm still a newbie.

But, why is the thought of an adult-personals section frowned upon? Personally, I think it would be a good idea. I mean, if it increases traffic, even temporary, what's the downside?

As long as they have their own designated areas and not pestering people who just want to post pics/vids, etc, what's the harm?

Personally, I'm not a people person, so I'll not be an active part of this community, however, I'd welcome a one-on-one thing. Not saying that I won't contribute to this place, because I will.

And as far as KIK, Snapchat, etc, goes... There's a special place in hell for people that use those media. 😛

Edited by MasterDarcy
8 hours ago, MasterDarcy said:

I still regard myself as a newbie... As I'm still a newbie.

But, why is the thought of an adult-personals section frowned upon? Personally, I think it would be a good idea. I mean, if it increases traffic, even temporary, what's the downside?

As long as they have their own designated areas and not pestering people who just want to post pics/vids, etc, what's the harm?

Personally, I'm not a people person, so I'll not be an active part of this community, however, I'd welcome a one-on-one thing. Not saying that I won't contribute to this place, because I will.

And as far as KIK, Snapchat, etc, goes... There's a special place in hell for people that use those media. 😛

We actually did have a personals/dating section for a while, but it just became spam infested with kiks, snapchats and catfishes. In the end it was scrapped as seemed to be attracting the wrong kind of people here. 

Plenty of people seem to have great one-to-one things here through private messages (we even have private live chats now for gold members), and a few people have spoken about meeting people from here in real life. So it can happen. But a dating section just gets filled with 100 threads from guys all saying they're looking for a girl to have piss fun with, it doesn't really achieve much more than that. Interacting with the community and getting to know members is what seems to actually lead to something more. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Admin said:

We actually did have a personals/dating section for a while, but it just became spam infested with kiks, snapchats and catfishes. In the end it was scrapped as seemed to be attracting the wrong kind of people here. 

Plenty of people seem to have great one-to-one things here through private messages (we even have private live chats now for gold members), and a few people have spoken about meeting people from here in real life. So it can happen. But a dating section just gets filled with 100 threads from guys all saying they're looking for a girl to have piss fun with, it doesn't really achieve much more than that. Interacting with the community and getting to know members is what seems to actually lead to something more. 🙂 

Oh really? There was? Doesn't really surprise me that it was ruined, though. Man was given Earth and they managed to ruin even that... Not to go off in a mad tangent, or anything. 😉

I totally get what you're saying. I suppose, it's more difficult to really regulate and control a personals site in a posting board. Hell, even the traditional personal sites have their issues (People not filling out their bio is one of the things that rices my potatoes!)

Personally, I'm single, and this fetish is a rarity (unless you sign up with Fetlife), so finding someone single who has this fetish is a wee bit difficult.

• Like 1
On 7/27/2020 at 9:55 PM, MasterDarcy said:

as far as KIK, Snapchat, etc, goes... There's a special place in hell for people that use those media.

That a little judgement don’t u think.  There are a lot of us on this site who uses one or more of these sites.