Salutations, all.

7 hours ago, LadySilver said:

Good to meet you. You're welcome to call me by my username, but I also go by HG if you prefer. 

I'm a female university student from Canada. I'm bisexual and an aspie, in case that means anything to you. 

I've been using omorashi.org on and off since I was in my early teens, but these days I'm a lot more interested in the community than I am the sexual gratification (I have a couple years of working' things out on my own and a wonderful partner to thank for that one). It's nice to feel you can let your hair down a little, and I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences. I'm actually doing research on paraphernalia (fetishes in general) for my BA thesis and will hopefully be able to reach out to people for something a little more formal, so stay tuned for that! I think it's super important to hear more than just a scholarly perspective on how to best tackle some of the rough parts of growing up with a 'strange' sexual interest. 

I'm a hardcore academic, true crime nerd, hopeless romantic, coffee enthusiast, lover of all things Caspar David Friedrich and generally a political mess. Want to know more? Shoot me a message. 

Thanks for having me! 

HG

Welcome LadySilver; greetings to you there in Canada. Glad to have you here.

Welcome, Lady Silver/HG. I'm sure you'll find a great wealth of subjects here for your studies. Between us, we probably exhibit every paraphila you'll ever need.

It great to meet another hardcore academic, although I probably didn't learn much in class. I seemed to do much better out in the field.

Just now, glad1 said:

I'm sure you'll find a great wealth of subjects here for your studies. Between us, we probably exhibit every paraphila you'll ever need.

Haha, you're probably right! I'm already learning a ton that I couldn't have found in the literature from you guys. 

1 minute ago, glad1 said:

I seemed to do much better out in the field.

What's your field? I'm doing International Studies and Psychology with a heavier hand on the psych at the moment. 

@LadySilver, a warm welcome to the forum.

I too have an interest in true crime but don't get to read much.

One stand out book for me was Helter Skelter about the Manson clan. The way that guy used smart words and a whole load of LSD to brainwash his followers into hero worship of him is both incredible and creepy. But I still believe that whilst by inverting normal morality for them he provided license for several of his followers to do terrible things at his behest, their own inner sadism was necessary too which makes them culpable as hell. The fact that one of them did not share in their sadism was part of their undoing in the end.

I also love the true crime documentary series, Killer Couples.

Not sure why but I have a fascination with killer women. I think it might be because on a subconscious level I expect men to be mean but not women. So dangerous women in particular fascinate me because I think, it flies in the face of subconscious norms I harbour about the female gender. At least, that is the best rationale I can think of for my interest.

6 hours ago, steve25805 said:

@LadySilver, a warm welcome to the forum.

I too have an interest in true crime but don't get to read much.

One stand out book for me was Helter Skelter about the Manson clan. The way that guy used smart words and a whole load of LSD to brainwash his followers into hero worship of him is both incredible and creepy. But I still believe that whilst by inverting normal morality for them he provided license for several of his followers to do terrible things at his behest, their own inner sadism was necessary too which makes them culpable as hell. The fact that one of them did not share in their sadism was part of their undoing in the end.

Not sure why but I have a fascination with killer women. I think it might be because on a subconscious level I expect men to be mean but not women. So dangerous women in particular fascinate me because I think, it flies in the face of subconscious norms I harbour about the female gender. At least, that is the best rationale I can think of for my interest.

I Find the story of the zodiac kill interest.   I’ve alway been a. Little obsessed with JFK also.  Not only to I love the true crime but I like the conspiracy Theory is intriguing too 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, steve25805 said:

One stand out book for me was Helter Skelter about the Manson clan

Sounds very interesting - maybe for when I have some spare time haha 

18 hours ago, steve25805 said:

I feel like I've seen a few episodes of both this and Killer Women? They're pretty cool, though my personal favourite is Netflix's 'I am a Killer' 🙂

12 hours ago, Sweets said:

I Find the story of the zodiac kill interest.

Have you seen the film they made about it? Not true crime per se but really well done. It's just called 'Zodiac'. 

17 hours ago, LadySilver said:

Sounds very interesting - maybe for when I have some spare time haha 

I feel like I've seen a few episodes of both this and Killer Women? They're pretty cool, though my personal favourite is Netflix's 'I am a Killer' 🙂

Have you seen the film they made about it? Not true crime per se but really well done. It's just called 'Zodiac'. 

Yes I have watched it a couple times. I watch a lot of tv with criminal investigation. CSI, NCSI, criminal minds.  I like the Sherlock Holmes books, movies and show. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sweets said:

I watch a lot of tv with criminal investigation. CSI, NCSI, criminal minds

Oh man, I used to love Criminal Minds and things like it (NBC's Hannibal is fantastic). Still good stuff, I just rarely find the time to watch it these days. 

• Like 2