Wet Toilet Seats

Love your detective work and you were lucky with your timing.  Just one thought though - you say there was no yellowing of the water, so she could well have wiped more fully, then flushed the pee and paper and then realised she needed one more piece of paper to wipe a stray drop on her leg or something.  She didn’t flush that, either because she didn’t see the need or the cistern was still refilling.

• Agree 1

@Alfresco, Thanks for your very well reasoned comment. You very well may be correct. The idea of more than one flush crossed my mind, but I neglected to pursue it, without any good reason for rejecting it.

The multiple, widely scattered pee drops on the seat, would support a forceful, spraying pee, which would have required more wiping than the single piece of tissue could do. If the seat got that wet, her legs probably caught a few drops, too.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dr.P said:

@Alfresco, Thanks for your very well reasoned comment. You very well may be correct. The idea of more than one flush crossed my mind, but I neglected to pursue it, without any good reason for rejecting it.

The multiple, widely scattered pee drops on the seat, would support a forceful, spraying pee, which would have required more wiping than the single piece of tissue could do. If the seat got that wet, her legs probably caught a few drops, too.

Sounds like a more interesting pee than a clean stream requiring only one square of tissue.

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wet Toilet Seats - Update

Recent luck in the bathrooms of my favorite grocery chain has been better. No more face-to-face encounters with ladies leaving the facilities just before I enter, but some good liquid evidence, on a couple of occasions.

The first was some light yellow pee dribbles on the inside front of the seat, combined with a few on the sides of the seat, indicating that the previous occupant was probably a female, squatting to pee, although I never saw her.

The second was a group of light yellow pee dribbles, on the rear of the seat, near the center, combined with a few more, scattered along the sides, giving strong evidence that the previous occupant was a female, squatting to pee, and spraying backward, which is a very common occurrence. Again, unfortunately, I never saw, or interacted with that occupant.

The encouraging part is that women are still squatting and peeing over these toilets, and leaving liquid evidence, because they don't bother to clean up, after themselves. This raises my hope that I will have more face-to-face encounters with some of them, in the near future. I love it when they smile and make eye contact with me, after leaving dribbles all over the toilet seat! That can make my day! (I'm old, and easy to please!) 😉

The psychology of these situations is always puzzling to me, although the fact that they occur is very interesting and gratifying:

Don't these ladies understand that I, a man, will see the residue they have left behind on the toilets, and easily deduce quite a bit of information about their peeing styles: squatting high, or low, sitting, or standing, as well as their hydration, from the color of their urine, and possibly make judgements about the general cleanliness of their bathroom habits?

Are they not the least bit embarrassed, by the fact that they communicate all of this intimate information to a strange man, in the blink of an eye? And they often smile and make eye contact with him, as they invite him to examine that evidence, holding the door open, as they transfer occupancy of the bathroom to him!

But if they caught him actually watching them pee, most of them would be mortally embarrassed, and/or furious, and probably press charges!

With all of the current hype about privacy, and men being arrested for looking up women's skirts, etc., I would think that women would be very aware of how much the residues they leave in bathrooms, both public and private, reveal about them, so they would be very sensitive to those revelations. Yet their actions don't indicate that to be true. I'm very glad about that! 🙂

Would appreciate the opinions of others, especially you ladies, concerning this subject.

Dr.P

• Like 1
  • Hot 3
On 2/22/2020 at 10:05 PM, Dr.P said:

Don't these ladies understand that I, a man, will see the residue they have left behind on the toilets, and easily deduce quite a bit of information about their peeing styles: squatting high, or low, sitting, or standing, as well as their hydration, from the color of their urine, and possibly make judgements about the general cleanliness of their bathroom habits?

Are they not the least bit embarrassed, by the fact that they communicate all of this intimate information to a strange man, in the blink of an eye? And they often smile and make eye contact with him, as they invite him to examine that evidence, holding the door open, as they transfer occupancy of the bathroom to him!

Well, as you say, there is a lot of psychology to consider here.   Not that I'm any psychologist.  Anyway, first thing is that when a lady is peeing in a way that splashes the seat, at that time, she is probably not thinking about the fact that she is likely to open the door and then allow a man in to see what she has just done.   If she knew that someone was standing outside, then she may consider wiping the seat before leaving.   However, if she opens the door and sees you there, she then may realise that you will find her sprinkles, BUT, she is hardly likely to say "Hang on, I just need to wipe the seat" at that point because that would be drawing attention to the fact that it was her that had the aiming issue.  She would instead blazen it out and hope that you may think that someone before her was the culprit and she was actually a good aimer and managed to pee directly into the hole in the seat, which she had to do because someone else had sprinkled.

Next, the sort of person that sprinkles seats isn't likely to be bothered about what people think - they just know that they are not going to touch that seat and therefore if it gets wet, that's tough.

Also, they probably are more used to female only toilets rather than mixed gender toilets and I believe it is quite common for the ladies toilets to have sprinkles on them as hovering is a common approach.

What I have never understood is why ladies that hover don't simply lift the seat so that they can pee without splashing the seat.    Some would say that the ladies won't touch the seat to lift it because it is wet, but if everyone who did that lifted the seat then it would never get wet.  Men who use a standard toilet instead of a urinal are always expected to lift the seat, so why shouldn't ladies who aren't using the seat be expected to lift it?

Finally, a lady coming out of the toilet and seeing a man, probably doesn't expect them to analyse the splashes in great detail, they might think that the man would think "dirty cow for splashing the seat", but they wouldn't expect the person to be looking in detail at the splashes to work out the lady's peeing style.

• Like 2
On 2/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, Alfresco said:

What I have never understood is why ladies that hover don't simply lift the seat so that they can pee without splashing the seat.    Some would say that the ladies won't touch the seat to lift it because it is wet, but if everyone who did that lifted the seat then it would never get wet.  Men who use a standard toilet instead of a urinal are always expected to lift the seat, so why shouldn't ladies who aren't using the seat be expected to lift it?

Women are usually pretty adamant that the seat remain down, always. So the thought of lifting one, especially a public one that's had so many nasty asses on it, is simply beyond what women are willing to do. True if everyone did it, things would be better, but that's never going to happen. I think another thing to consider is that a lot of times, women have complicated clothing to deal with in order to pee; stockings, skirts, balancing in heels, trying not to wet clothes, fishing through purse for something to wipe with, changing pads, tampons. It can be a marathon of actions for women and so adding an additional task of lifting a dirty toilet seat is just not going to happen. The act is much simpler for us. That's not to say women always have such high level apparel challenge to pee but they still won't lift the seat because for them, down is the only way it should be when at home and in public, they don't care because it's public, so if they piss on it, it's not their problem. 

@Dr.PAs to your concerns, as Alfresco said, they aren't thinking that some guy will study the scene of their pee and discern details about how they peed. They're not cognizant of the possibility because it's so far from anything they would ever do that it never registers as a anything to think about. Their only concern is pee and move on. A lot of times, women spray seats and don't realize it because they don't even look to see the damage. They just wipe (maybe), flush and leave. Other times, they may see that they peed all over the seat, but since it's a public toilet, they usually just don't care, especially if it was already messed when they arrived. What's used by everyone is respected by no one.

• Like 4

@Alfresco and @Brutus, Thanks for your interesting insights into female psychology, and your comments. You both make some very pertinent points.

I remember discussing this subject with "Lisa," a long-term g.f., decades ago. She relayed a little rhyme, which she apparently read or heard, in Ladies' restrooms:

"If you sprinkle, when you tinkle, be a Sweetie, wipe the seatie!"

She had her own style of squatting, when she peed in public facilities, which solved some of the problems which you both mention. She would wrap both of her hands in t.p., squat over the seat, in the usual posture, then grab the front of the seat, lift it, and use it for balance, while she peed through it. She showed me this, many times, and her aim was pretty good, though not perfect. Wrapping her hands in t.p. solved the problem of touching the untouchable seat. I have very rarely seen this exact peeing style, in pictures on the 'net. The next time I run across one, I will post it.

As to women lifting the seat, before squatting or standing to pee, I had one interesting experience, in my own apartment, when I was in grad. school, in the Midwestern US, and I can only assume that this lady did this, since I didn't get to watch her.

A couple of my fellow students came over to the apartment that I shared with my wife, for dinner, one evening. The lady was the new, and very beautiful wife of a good friend of mine. She eventually excused herself to use the bathroom in the apartment, which was old, and not particularly clean, to be honest, typical student housing, off campus, in the mid 1960's. But I always kept the toilet seat down, especially when we were having female guests.

Immediately after she returned from the bathroom, I excused myself, and went to use it, secretly hoping that this beautiful lady had left some dribbles on the seat, for me to see, and even wipe.

But when I entered the bathroom, I was shocked to see that the seat was indeed up! This boggled my naive and inexperienced mind. I knew that some women squatted, when they peed, in dirty public toilets, but always with the seat down, to the best of my knowledge, at the time. Had she squatted over the bowl, with the seat up? Or had she actually stood, and peed like a guy? I thought it was impossible for women to do that, at that time.

So these possibilities were racing through my mind. If she squatted, or especially if she stood, her pee should have sprinkled the toilet or the floor, I reasoned. But careful examination of both did not reveal any new dribbles, which was disappointing to me. Of course, the bathroom was dirty enough that I might have missed the evidence, if she left me any. That was probably the reason why she squatted or stood to pee in a private home, in the first place.

We all went our separate ways, and I never saw this lady again, and never had the opportunity to enter a bathroom after her, again. I did make an effort to clean up the bathroom in our apartment, so I might have better luck, in the future. It was obvious that she had considered our bathroom to be at a level of filth roughly equivalent to that of public facilities. Not something to be proud of!

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Dr.P said:

But when I entered the bathroom, I was shocked to see that the seat was indeed up! This boggled my naive and inexperienced mind. I knew that some women squatted, when they peed, in dirty public toilets, but always with the seat down, to the best of my knowledge, at the time. Had she squatted over the bowl, with the seat up? Or had she actually stood, and peed like a guy? I thought it was impossible for women to do that, at that time.

So these possibilities were racing through my mind. If she squatted, or especially if she stood, her pee should have sprinkled the toilet or the floor, I reasoned. But careful examination of both did not reveal any new dribbles, which was disappointing to me. Of course, the bathroom was dirty enough that I might have missed the evidence, if she left me any. That was probably the reason why she squatted or stood to pee in a private home, in the first place.

My ex-wife and her mother always stood, back to the toilet legs slightly astride the bowl and knickers around the calves or ankles, and leant over a little to let their streams go in the toilet.  My wife showed me this and I saw my mother-in-law through frosted glass of a downstairs toilet in the same pose.  I imagine this lady used a similar technique.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1