Important Rule Before Posting A Story - Updated

• 6 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 11:24 PM, Kataal said:

So you want us to write a brief summary in the box where we write out story or in the box for writing the title of the story?

In the box where you write the story. It is just so that people have a brief idea of what the story is about (and whether it aligns with their interests) before reading it.  🙂 

• Agree 1
  • 1 year later...

Update:    Also an important note when pasting in content - please ensure that you click on the text link 'Paste as plain text instead' if it appears at the bottom of the text box.

That applies to every part of the site, but is perhaps more likely here where people prepare stories first and then paste them in.

By default the pasted in content may contain it's own colour and font information, so it may look fine on your screen but then may be blank or unreadable in a different colour scheme or night mode.  Plain text will always follow the schema of the particular theme used, so will always be able to be appreciated. 

Cheers!

102261241_Screenshot2022-02-09at10_26_49.thumb.png.c68376d45ba970dc4cce764b222854a7.png

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, Maid Of Nights said:

well i sure hope my story isnt breaking the rules because i spent 4 hours making it lol

Ha ha - I've just 'helped you out' by removing the formatting from your story.  And don't worry.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, pee2poop said:

How would we contact someone if we have soothing they can add to their stories? 

I think there's a couple things going on here. First is site rules / features, and second is just being thoughtful. So of course you might love to see someone's story develop along specific lines, but the author has written what they've written and is probably happy with it. So it's really just about bearing that in mind.

For instance, if you'd really like to see another character being introduced, or another activity described in a follow-up story, maybe you might compliment the author on a great story, and then ask if they'd mind if you developed a follow-on. Or perhaps ask whether there are any plans for a 'part 2', rather than just suggesting your ideas straight off.

There is the private message feature too, but I think the main issue here is just one of thinking about how the author might react to your replies, and being kind and supportive 🙂 

Edited by Kupar
Typo
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3