It's nearly a year since @gldenwetgoose started this thread, and the chat rules were tweaked, and 9 months since the last comment. I have just read back also the articulate post about the ethos of the PeeFans 'pub' and realised how good the comments were on that thread.

So I'd like to bump this and ask: "what do the current regular chatters, new and old, and other people who maybe don't use the chat regularly, think about how it works now?" 

I'll thrown my two pennyworth in: I really like the ethos of the chat, and I can see how much of an effort the staff put in to keep chat flowing once it starts. There do seem to be groups of regulars - just as in a pub - with times that tend to be busy, and long periods when one might drop in, say something, get no response and then leave. Of course, not everyone has time to commit to a 20, 30, 40-minute chat - there are many who'll just pop in and out of the site. What we don't have, of course, is a full-time bar tender in the chatroom at all times.

Finally, I'd be intrigued to know how much use regular chatters make of either PMs or 1-2-1 chats (if gold members / mods)? I have a few conversations, that are generally sporadic, with some specific members, including some of those who are regulars on the public chat. Is that typical?

Any comments?

Edited by Kupar
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Oh gosh...

So, .. I have to admit I'm one of the offenders of using the chat for tinkle talk. While I do engage in other topics when people in the chat are talking other topics, I find I always end up drifting back to my tinkle status. And even worse...thinking back, I've been quite selfish about it. I am always open to talk about what's going on in MY pamper, but I don't seem to ask about other people's wetting and I'm sure I've come across as very self absorbed. I know I'm not the only one who likes wetting, and by not letting other people talk about their interests, I end up hogging all the chat talk when I'm there. My apologies for not only always talking tinkle ..but for also only taking about my tinkle. Forgive???

Stay wet,

Mia 🤗😘💓💕 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MiaDarling said:

Oh gosh...

So, .. I have to admit I'm one of the offenders of using the chat for tinkle talk. While I do engage in other topics when people in the chat are talking other topics, I find I always end up drifting back to my tinkle status. And even worse...thinking back, I've been quite selfish about it. I am always open to talk about what's going on in MY pamper, but I don't seem to ask about other people's wetting and I'm sure I've come across as very self absorbed. I know I'm not the only one who likes wetting, and by not letting other people talk about their interests, I end up hogging all the chat talk when I'm there. My apologies for not only always talking tinkle ..but for also only taking about my tinkle. Forgive???

Stay wet,

Mia 🤗😘💓💕 

You know your regular chat partners love your tinkle chat Mia ❤️. Nothing to forgive. Don't stop!

Edited by Kupar
typo
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

Thanks @Kupar for the 'resurrection' of the discussion and your thoughts.  And @MiaDarling - you know the small print on the adverts 'cannot comment on individual cases' - that applies here. Nothing that's been written is aimed at or pointing a finger at any particular person.

The issue was more people (general brand new, first interactions ever in chat) who without any introduction jumps straight in with a very low level comment.  No introductions, no looking at what conversation is going on...   And interestingly the chat is almost self-policing in that respect - very often you'll see a single comment like that, followed by a tumbleweed silence of nobody actually being bothered to interact.  Yet if that person said Hi, introduced themselves, asked what was going on, then explained they were holding - that would be entirely different.

And @MiaDarling - I'm sure we all have that friend we love who will rush into the bar or coffee shop full of excitement, bursting to tell us about their day...   Everybody needs friends like that to brighten their lives.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

No need for apologies, we definitely don't want to discourage pee chat. 

We just don't want people who constantly interrupt the conversation with the same generic 'who likes pee?,' 'who needs to pee?' etc.  It's the  low-quality, repetitive posts that can be an issue, but that definitely doesn't apply to anyone here in this thread. Nothing wrong with pee being a topic of conversation though. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Admin said:

No need for apologies, we definitely don't want to discourage pee chat. 

We just don't want people who constantly interrupt the conversation with the same generic 'who likes pee?,' 'who needs to pee?' etc.  It's the  low-quality, repetitive posts that can be an issue, but that definitely doesn't apply to anyone here in this thread. Nothing wrong with pee being a topic of conversation though. 🙂 

Thank you! I really do like the chat. For me atleast, the chat is my most frequently used aspect of the site. I do post, and I do read and comment on some posts... ( or subjects, .... or threads, .. idk, ..sorry Goose, you know what I mean ) but my favorite part of being a member here is chatting with my kind, caring and AMAZINGLY supportive friends! 🥰

Stay wet,

Mia 🤗😘😘💕

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Simpfan said:

I very much think the timezones are a part of the issue. I feel like I would have to make an appointment to chat with some individuals, because I have no idea what their schedules are. This post also reminded me of when my middle daughter joined Facebook. She maintained two different profiles. One was for the church youth group she was leading, and the other was for her X-rated anime group that she also led. Suddenly there was conflict and her Christian group wondered why she was acting a certain way. In the end, she closed the risque account and blocked me from seeing her page. I did have a pee discussion on chat last week and then I felt guilty for it, because I had the impression that it shouldn't have been there. That's just my take on it. I don't chat much because there aren't many people I know very well. 

You're right - chat is definitely a time-zone thing and schedule related.  It does seem to have changed a little during lockdown, or has for me at least. At the moment the chat seems quite consistently busy from about GMT 4pm until midnight - so, I guess about lunchtime to early evening EST.  There do seem to be a core of chatterers with members both on the Eastern US and UK / Germany - but the more the better.  And I'm sure those in the US would welcome conversation later into your evenings.

Also to turn to your other point about having a pee discussion - don't feel guilty in the slightest - we're a pee forum after all.  Absolutely nothing wrong with discussing pee, peeing, live holding or pretty much anything else in chat with like minded friends. It's what we're all here for.  The reason the chat rule about constantly turning the conversation to pee was introduced was to fix one little niggle...   In the chat, there's all sorts of conversation from the weather, to cars, food, movies, what people are doing etc and every so often there used to be a guy who's only contribution was to butt into valid conversations to ask if you needed a wee.  It was annoying, people stopped using chat in case he was there and ultimately he was banned because of it. The rule says don't constantly turn the conversation to pee - but chatting in a group about it is fine.

So - no reason at all to avoid chatting about pee - it works fine where we treat it like meeting friends in real life. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, gg111 said:

Me whenever I enter the chat:

image.thumb.jpeg.c42ca134c395f9b1e242fba84dddec82.jpeg

Hi @gg111 - I spotted your chat from last night... just after we'd all left, and I know how frustrating it is.  For a while I found it like that all the time.

The busy chat that you'd have seen is where there are a group of up to half a dozen people have a fairly busy chat.  Those are UK / German / US based and for the Europeans it lines up with a 10pm - midnight sort of time. It's almost like when people pop into a local pub later in the evening and a group of mates all fall into a rhythm of arriving and meeting together. Midnight is sort of a natural time to head to bed and with 2-3 people all leaving at the same time is when it sort of goes quiet. Unfortunately it looks like you were there about an hour after we'd all left.

Other than that - well as you've seen, even though the site has a huge membership and a large number online at any one time, there can be no-one chatting.

I usually look online first thing in the (UK) morning too - it's a moderator thing - and often see there is a very low level of chat has taken place. Low as in not much, but also low as in incoherent messages - not even saying 'hi' like you've done.  I'm going to guess you were about for a while too.  Sometimes people will post and then instantly vanish, so missing anyone who answers even five minutes later.

So my suggestion - and I don't know if it would work - would be to try and tease in some people by maybe asking something structured, and an open question that can't just be answered with a 'yes' or 'no'. I'd suggest it doesn't have to be pee related...   You've got three hundred characters to play with, to make people interested enough to stay around and chat.

- 'Can anyone recommend a good drama series on Netflix?'

- 'Does anyone have a good recipe for pasta sauce?'

- 'Just thinking back to childhood holidays... where was the best place you remember from being a kid?'

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
6 minutes ago, p1ssputz said:

With respect....that's not going to work. The main issue is that messages will simply get buried without a way to trace back to them. It seems that you can ping people by their handle (I don't know how notifications for this work), but since you can't reply to individual messages, threads that aren't current just get lost. In addition, there's only one "room" - there aren't multiple channels or anything. It's a classic problem with live text chat, and platforms like Discord and Slack have taken steps to implement many features that mitigate these issues. Basically, "live chat" is a nice feature of this site....but it's just a feature. Without a more robust chat platform, you'll run into many of the issues that have been enumerated in this thread.

@gg111, leading with a topic is a good idea and will generally lead discussion - this is true - but if nobody's around, nobody's around. There's only so much you can do, and if your topic is ignored, it gets buried, and that's that. You may have to accept that in this situation, you simply may not have many options.

Totally agree that when chat is active all of those issues are true - when it's busy there can be several threads all in parallel and easy to lose track, half a dozen messages can proceed just whilst answering one.  Multiple channel live chat is a Gold feature, well not channels as such but the option to live-chat with single other Gold members(*). 

Also totally agree that the issue being reported here is where no-one is in chat - as you've said, when no-one is around then no-one is around. In that situation it's not true that conversation threads are lost.  I could post a conversation starter now and it may not be answered for a couple of hours. It's still there to provoke conversation though. At this immediate moment in time there are 30 registered members browsing different parts of the site, and half a dozen showing that they are 'available' to the general chat. That means they're showing as browsing the homepage.

There are times when people are actively looking at chat and also perhaps much more time when they're not - so my point and I know you agree - was that creating an interesting conversation starter 'may' be more likely to succeed than a simple greeting, although it may well not be an instant response.  But yes, it takes at least two people to have a conversation.

4 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Totally agree that when chat is active all of those issues are true - when it's busy there can be several threads all in parallel and easy to lose track, half a dozen messages can proceed just whilst answering one.  Multiple channel live chat is a Gold feature, well not channels as such but the option to live-chat with single other Gold members(*). 

Also totally agree that the issue being reported here is where no-one is in chat - as you've said, when no-one is around then no-one is around. In that situation it's not true that conversation threads are lost.  I could post a conversation starter now and it may not be answered for a couple of hours. It's still there to provoke conversation though. At this immediate moment in time there are 30 registered members browsing different parts of the site, and half a dozen showing that they are 'available' to the general chat. That means they're showing as browsing the homepage.

There are times when people are actively looking at chat and also perhaps much more time when they're not - so my point and I know you agree - was that creating an interesting conversation starter 'may' be more likely to succeed than a simple greeting, although it may well not be an instant response.  But yes, it takes at least two people to have a conversation.

I’m only a little frustrated. I mostly thought it was a good opportunity to make a meme. 
Thank you for the advice though.

To be honest most of the time I just pop in, see if there’s any topics on the boards I wanna contribute to, then pop out, so I don’t stay that long anyway. And that might be cause I’m only here on my phone.

Edited by gg111
Wanted to clarify and add some context.
  • Like 1