On the river: is everyone else doing it, too?

6 hours ago, Anemone said:

What fun! And am I right? Others who have floated rivers, tell me: is it just one big pee-for-all?

I’ve not floated, just swum, but, in general, even people who won’t pee in the pool will pee in a river, a lake or the ocean.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thanks for sharing that, Anemone.  I'm glad you're having a good time here and getting into the swing of things.  I've found from past experience that beer can be a pretty powerful diuretic.  It has me going to the toilet long before I've any realistic prospect of getting drunk.  

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I've been kayaking a few times this past week. The days have been hot and the water's no longer cold. I only taken short trips so far, only an hour or two.

Given we have a three-day weeked, I plan to travel a little further afar. I'm thinking of being the water for most of the day and packing a cooler. I also plan to wear quick-drying shorts.

• 1 year later...
On 12/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, Anemone said:

This summer, I went floating down a river for the first time in my adult life. Hundreds of people, mostly in shorts and tees, hop on to inner tubes and take a 3-4 hour float down a lazy river.

I was with a bunch of folks from a neighboring camp site. I didn’t know them very well, so while I relied on them for a ride to and from the river, I mostly floated on my own, chatting with other groups or single floaters, at the whim of where the current took me.

Like many others on the river, I brought both water and a cooler of beer and soda. Even though we are sitting in the cool water all day, the sun is hot! An hour in to the float, I really had to pee. But if I were to leave the river and tromp up the bank to a private spot, I could lose track of my ride! But here I was in the river...

I was wearing jeans cut off at the knee, and a tank top. The jeans were too long to effectively pull one leg aside to pee out of. And being soaked already, it would be hard to discreetly shimmy them down. So the only thing to do, really, was pee right through my jeans shorts. 

I had to pee quite a bit: two beers and a liter of water. I tried to simply relax, but there I was surrounded by people, talking and laughing and splashing. And in my half-reclined position on the tube, I couldn’t go! 

But after a while, it was getting pretty intense. I couldn’t chat anymore. I couldn’t even paddle and steer with my hands. All I could do was lay back on my tube and think of peeing. 

Finally, I lifted my hips a bit off the tube and pushed: and the flow started! It was gloriously warm. And with my legs together, my pee pooled in my crotch, a warm puddle, until I relaxed and let it leak down into the river. 

And then it occurred to me: nobody else was leaving the river to pee. Everyone else was probably peeing in the river, too, right through their shorts, surrounded by others, maybe even during conversations. Men and women of all ages, sizes and shapes, floating and chatting—and peeing!

And from then on, for the rest of the four hour trip, I enjoyed peeing in my jeans. I peed during contemplative moments by myself, one hand on my thigh, feeling the warmth spread. I also tried peeing when having a conversation with a group of people who had made a raft of their floaters all tied together. I asked them about where else they had floated, and as they cheerfully answered, I let my pee puddle in my crotch.

What fun! And am I right? Others who have floated rivers, tell me: is it just one big pee-for-all?

That’s hot, don’t think uk do these kind of things? Unless at waterparks and theme parks. But I have always peed in the water no matter where, weather it be in bath, river, pool etc.  I once peed in a small pool learning to scuba dive with 5 others. It a great feeling but do worry if they can see the pee or at lest feel the warmth near me. 

Edited by Wolfpee
  • Like 1

I enjoyed several river tubing excursions when I lived in Texas.  The mix of beer, water and sun kept me peeing on a regular basis ... and since my bum was already hanging through the the inner tube, why would I pee anywhere else.  As long as you don't make a big fuss, it's the most discreet option available.  And you can pee in front of everyone!  A classic win-win if you ask me.

Scuba diving in a pool is a lot less discreet so kudos to @Wolfpee for bravery.  The other students probably didn't notice.  Learning to dive is pretty much all-consuming and you tend to be very focused.  The instructor, however, has two jobs:  teaching you and paying VERY close attention to what's going on.  Unless you were wearing a wetsuit in the pool, I can almost guarantee that the instructor was well aware (but we don't comment on such things).

A mask means you can see clearly and it's their job to watch you closely.  We joke about it amongst ourselves afterward (especially if it's really yellow) but we try to ignore it when it happens.  Divers pee, it's an unavoidable physiological reaction.  Just don't do it in a wetsuit because neoprene absorbs the odor causing enzymes.  On a dive boat, I always know who pees in their suit ... it's quite distinctive 😉

Edited by Sexismygod
  • Like 4
On 4/1/2022 at 11:43 PM, Sexismygod said:

I enjoyed several river tubing excursions when I lived in Texas.  The mix of beer, water and sun kept me peeing on a regular basis ... and since my bum was already hanging through the the inner tube, why would I pee anywhere else.  As long as you don't make a big fuss, it's the most discreet option available.  And you can pee in front of everyone!  A classic win-win if you ask me.

Scuba diving in a pool is a lot less discreet so kudos to @Wolfpee for bravery.  The other students probably didn't notice.  Learning to dive is pretty much all-consuming and you tend to be very focused.  The instructor, however, has two jobs:  teaching you and paying VERY close attention to what's going on.  Unless you were wearing a wetsuit in the pool, I can almost guarantee that the instructor was well aware (but we don't comment on such things).

A mask means you can see clearly and it's their job to watch you closely.  We joke about it amongst ourselves afterward (especially if it's really yellow) but we try to ignore it when it happens.  Divers pee, it's an unavoidable physiological reaction.  Just don't do it in a wetsuit because neoprene absorbs the odor causing enzymes.  On a dive boat, I always know who pees in their suit ... it's quite distinctive 😉

You sound like you could share some great observational stories! Please feel free to go into detail on even the most mundane sighting you've had.  

• Agree 1