Feedback / Idea More response icons: "hug"

Thanks for the suggestion. To me though the heart has always had two meanings depending on context: either 'i love this' or 'sending love' - the latter of which is very similar to a hug I would say.

Of course in a reply there is a hug emoji 🤗 you can use if you specifically want to get that across, but I would be wary about adding too many speficic reactions for every possible emotion. I think the current ones broadly cover pretty much everything.

If people think they'd use it a lot though then I'd be happy to add it.

• Agree 1

There are so many emoji's out there right now, and I'm never sure what any of them mean besides the basics from long ago.

Emoji's aren't the only way to express your feelings, or what you want to offer someone else, and I've found that something like "{{hugs}}" or whatever - that's totally clear to me.  Even with a limited selection of emoji's (or an infinite way of trying to say something to someone else) - whatever emoji you choose - words will go so much farther.

I'd rather read someone's words (emoji's appreciated since I know someone reacted) - but words (remember those old-fashioned things?) still go very far - and in some cases, they have more value than a picture (which is worth a thousand words)

D

• Like 1
  • Agree 1