Yes or no question

I am not a native English speaker. I do not particularly dislike the word "piss". So no matter whether a girl announces that she has to "pee" or "piss" like a racehorse, I'll get very excited.. 😅

Edited by HitEmAll
typo
  • Like 3
  • Hot 1

This is a very interesting discussion, with a variety of viewpoints expressed. I agree with Sophie that this isn't a yes or no question.

I agree most closely with PissingBlonde, when she says,

"I love piss - when said out loud the hissing sound at the end is so evocative........."

She is absolutely on point, especially when the word is spoken by a woman, for whom the hissing sound is more likely to be a characteristic of her own bodily process, than it is for a man. I think she has hit on a valid reason for the feelings of men, like steve25805, and myself, who find that "piss" is naughty, overt, brazen, "and therefore erotic, coming from a lady."

To me, when a woman refers to her urine or her process as "piss," and/or her process as "pissing," she evokes the sound of her own, personal process, in my mind. It is almost as if she is telling me how her own process sounds, which I find extremely intimate and erotic, precisely because of the evocative hissing sound, at the end of the word.

I also agree with PissingBlonde, on the use of "pee" when talking about urinating in a non-sexual context,

"But I alternate it with pee for variety and when talking about urinating in a non-sexual context."

And I agree with Sweets, on talking with non-fetish people, and follow the same practices as she does,

"I use them both. If I’m just talking to the straight people (non pee fetish people ??) I will use pee. But when talking on here and other members off here I use both.  Piss a lot in speaking of a sexual fantasy"

I make heavy use of "pee," as an alternative to "piss," in my erotic stories and other writings on this site, because I am keenly aware of the negative connotations associated with using "piss," and I don't want to alienate potential readers, or make the dialog in my stories unbelievable, within the conventions of more traditional society. As an example, here is an excerpt from my fictional story of "Marcia" Part 0, posted on 11/16/19:

"Although I loved hearing her say "piss," I didn't want her to be looked upon as crude or gross, among speakers of English, particularly Western women. So I gently warned her about the use of the word, "piss," by women, in the West.

"Ingven nieu-wrzen bu shaw "piss" ingwei hun tooh! Nieu-wrzen shaw "pee," hao."
("In English, women don't say "piss," because it's very crude. It's OK for women to say "pee.")

"Sheh-sheh," ("Thanks,") she answered."

So I totally agree that this is not a simple, yes or no, question, and some of its implications can be complicated. It will be interesting to see more opinions.

Dr.P

• Like 2
  • Love 1

For the most part I much prefer the word pee over piss, because piss seems course almost  ( but not quite) vulgar. Similarly I use dick rather than cock to describe my penis.  I do use piss on occasion to keep from being redundant or if pee just sounds clumsy in the sentence. I guess I am old school. I was taught growing up that these were wrong, and some of that stuck. I literally thought fuck was a new word in 1966, the year I entered high school. Such was my young life. But that is just me speaking. I have no issue if people use piss, or using their pussy or cock to piss.

• Like 2

beachmom makes some good points, with which I agree,

"In Europe the word "piss" is more common and doesn't get as much of a negative reaction as in America, because it is the base for other related words such as "Pissor" (uninal) or "piscine" (pool). Americans seem to make up new, less offensive words for everything, women are especially guilty of this "pee,   pee-pee,  potty, wee-wee, it could go on forever. Myself, I think piss is perfectly acceptable, especially coming from Men, where anything else makes them appear wimpy."

I grew up in a European-American community, in the Midwestern US, in the middle of the 20th Century, and my experiences were very similar to those of beachmom. My sisters, female friends, and girlfriends, in my youth, mostly said "piss," or sometimes "pee," right along with the guys. My mother disapproved, and admonished all of us to use euphemisms, such as those listed by beachmom. My mom's favorite was "wee-wee," which she used, all the time.

I totally agree with beachmom that the American obsession with creating euphemisms for bodily functions is excessive. My least favorite, for women's peeing, currently in wide use, by women of my generation, is "Go to the little girls' room," which I find not only juvenile, and "cutesy," but almost creepy, when used by women in their 50's, 60's, and 70's. "Go potty" is another, very similar expression, also in current wide use. A Platonic woman friend of mine, who grew up in Northern Europe, uses the "little girls" euphemism, exclusively, when she needs to pee. So the American obsession for supposedly less offensive words has predominated over her more relaxed and practical European upbringing.

Dr.P

• Agree 1

I love to pee in my pants, and I love to piss in my pants.  If one or the other word is more degrading, I like it for that reason since I feel very degraded and humiliated when I pee/piss my pants.  When I was younger, I always thought "wet my pants" was degrading/humiliating - but then, no matter what it's called, sitting in urine-soaked pants and just hanging out and enjoying it is degrading enough that I think the words should fit how I feel.  😉

• Like 1

Thank you to @Dr.P and @beachmom for articulating this so well.

I personally find euphemisms like 'wee wee' and 'little girl's room' creepy and infantile (especially when used excessively) but language is such an intimate and individual thing... it may be exactly these aspects that appeal to others depending on personal preference and when their fetish was formed.

It's wonderful how we all have our own way of loving pee!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

I always felt like "piss" emphasized the act of urination more than "pee". I like to use both but always preferred "pee" since it sounds more gentle and I kinda also feel a bit more comfortable saying it. However, the only time I use the word "piss" is when either I *really* need to go or when I write a story where the character is super desperate since, at least for me, it feels and sounds more "extreme" and, like I just said, emphasizes the desperation and the urge way more than "pee".

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Pissing Blonde,

"Thank you to @Dr.P and @beachmom for articulating this so well."

Thank you very much for setting the discussion up so well, pointing out the evocative alliteration of the hissing sound at the end of the word piss! I have never heard that connotation expressed by a woman (or a man, for that matter!), before, although I have thought it privately, for many years. I appreciate your openness in expressing this. Thanks again!

"I personally find euphemisms like 'wee wee' and 'little girl's room' creepy and infantile (especially when used excessively) but language is such an intimate and individual thing... it may be exactly these aspects that appeal to others depending on personal preference and when their fetish was formed."

Excellent point! I hadn't thought of euphemisms in that context, before, but of course it is true. And in fact, I have an example from my own past experience, which I think may illustrate your point, very well.

"Lisa," one of my long term, "wet" gf's, used the common female euphemism "go," when she wanted to pee. Although I don't know how she came to use that term, in her previous life, she used it almost exclusively, with me, when we were together. But the fun part was not in the term itself, but in the way she expressed it, the emphasis in her voice, as well as in her face and body language. When she said "I have to GO!" to me, I quickly learned to take that sentence as a very erotic invitation to join her in the bathroom, or wherever else she had chosen to "GO!"

So I totally agree with you when you say,

"It's wonderful how we all have our own way of loving pee!"

Dr.P

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I tend not to use either, just say I'm going potty.

Maigh, on the other hand, will use pee when she's out and about, and she will use piss when she's hot and sexy.

When she says "I want to piss all over you, laddie” in her sweet Scot accent, I can never say no, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Hot 2
On 12/10/2019 at 1:27 AM, beachmom said:

In Europe the word "piss" is more common and doesn't get as much of a negative reaction as in America, because it is the base for other related words such as "Pissor" (uninal) or "piscine" (pool). Americans seem to make up new, less offensive words for everything, women are especially guilty of this "pee,   pee-pee,  potty, wee-wee, it could go on forever. Myself, I think piss is perfectly acceptable, especially coming from Men, where anything else makes them appear wimpy.

In German, “pissen” is more or less used for “peeing”. There is “pipi”, in French, which is more or less “pee”. I’m not a cunning enough linguist to get all the connotations.

“Piscine” is most likely from Latin “piscina” - fishpond, like Pisces or pescatarian, not because it’s a big pool that you piss in. Even though you do, and there’s no fish in it. 😂

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 1:35 PM, Starks2010 said:

I like the term piss. It sounds stronger, especially out of a females mouth. My ex would say she had to piss and I’d instantly get hard. 

Yeah, I agree with you, it sounds super hot when a woman says she needs to take a piss. I love taking naughty pisses, hehehe that was fun to say!

• Love 2
  • Hot 1
  • 2 months later...
On 12/9/2019 at 8:27 PM, beachmom said:

In Europe the word "piss" is more common and doesn't get as much of a negative reaction as in America, because it is the base for other related words such as "Pissor" (uninal) or "piscine" (pool). Americans seem to make up new, less offensive words for everything, women are especially guilty of this "pee,   pee-pee,  potty, wee-wee, it could go on forever. Myself, I think piss is perfectly acceptable, especially coming from Men, where anything else makes them appear wimpy.

Pissor? What language is that? I know Pissuar/Pisoar/Pisaonici is "urinal" in East Slavic languages

• Thanks 1