Golden showers - humiliation or honour?

It has been long understood by psychologists that golden shower enthusiasts form two distinct groups - those who see being peed on as the ultimate humiliation and who get off on it on that basis, and those who see it as the ultimate honour, the most wondrously erotic thing that anyone could ever do for us.

It has always been obvious to me that a large majority of active participants on forums such as this fall into the latter category. And whilst the former might well be under-represented due to perhaps being less forthcoming, it does seem that humiliation is not part of the deal for most of us. I know that if a girl were peeing on me, I would feel truly honoured, and anything but humiliated.

And yet, the narrowmind communtity out there almost always associates golden showers with deliberate humiliation. This is so markedly the case that when more strait-laced newspapers or magazines refer to such activities without wanting to actually spell them out, they frequently use the word "humiliation" as shorthand for what we do. But clearly this is not true for most of us.

I guess that those who would condemn us, often do so from a position of ignorance because they don't actually understand us.

Society conditions people that urine is a dirty and disgusting liquid. So must be disposed of in private and contact with it avoided. That we (both male and female) urinate through our genitals adds to the taboo and perceived dirtiness of the act of micturition. So, common thought is that someone peeing on you (or even seeing or hearing you pee) is humiliating. So they cannot understand how anyone could actually like these acts.

I personally enjoy it because I find it incredibly arousing. I never really thought of it as being humiliating. It just really turns me on for a woman who is extremely desperate with a full bladder to pee on me. I suppose I would fall under the 'honored' category. I enjoy being able to control a woman's bladder and tell her when and where to pee, unless she wets herself before I get a chance :wink:. I actually view it as a position of control to have a woman pee on me because I would have 'ordered' her to do it by telling her it was the only place she is allowed to pee and she would have to gain my verbal permission before letting out a single drop. It is interesting to analyze this fetish though.

Honoured for me definitely ........

It's hard to feel "dominated" when two half pissed, half naked females are trying to "go" on you, god the giggling never stops. Peeing here is a fun thing, nothing serious, just sexy fun.

Scot_Lover M&M

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know that a single word really encompasses it. You can be into the humiliation and get a tremendous erotic thrill out of it. And you can enjoy it for the physical sensations, but also be turned on by the dirty, illicit nature. There is something wrong about getting peed on, and that seems to be a big part of the fun for most.

All the same, the degradation versions of golden showers don't really work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Neither. It's definitely not humiliation. If someone tried to role play it that way, it might be interesting but I'd probably bust out laughing and ruin it. But I also don't think of it's a an honor. It's just fun and intimate. Oh, and it's nice to save someone a trip to the toilet. :thumbsup:

If its between consenting adults,how can it be humiliating?As for "honour" can think of many women,who if they took a piss in my TOWN id be honoured,let alone upon me..(Joss Stone HAS pissed for sure in my town,mmmmmmmm)

I am a submissive in a female-dominated marriage, and as such, a humiliation factor is involved. To say I enjoy humiliation wouldn't be quite accurate, but there is no denying that certain degree of humiliation "works" for me. Nonetheless, the act of being peed on by my wife is far from humiliating. I find it erotic and highly arousing.

• Like 1

I think what makes watersports in general such an interesting fetish is that there are so many aspects of it. One of these is the sub/dom and humiliation side of things (oops thats two slightly different aspects).

Mainly I enjoy watersports just because it is entertaining, and in fact I was thinking of starting a thread about why people enjoy watersports as opposed to what you personally enjoy about it. Anyway, as well as being peed on which I like because of the sensation and view, I also enjoy peeing on others, and there is a slight feel of domination about it. Standing over someone and pissing while they lay under you accepting it is definitely a buzz for me. I am not sure it is so much that it is humiliating as that is not my intention at all, nor is it in my thoughts at the time, but there is definitely a domination aspect to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I love threads like this where we could discuss the deeper psychological appeal of these things. And I definitely think it's true that the mainstream outside of this fetish tend to associate golden showers or really most excretory fetishes with humiliation and shame, and people being turned on by that. And while I'm sure there's a lot of people that do perceive it as such and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I personally don't see it like that at all.

Pee isn't even remotely gross to me. Shame/humiliation/degardation has nothing to do with how I personally perceive the enjoyment that comes from golden showers or other pee play.

I think watching a girl pee is beautiful and incredibly intimate. I love seeing this eye catching golden liquid pouring from their most intimate of body parts and knowing that it's a product of their body and comes from inside of them. I love drinking it, not because I think it's naughty or gross but because I genuinely love the flavour of it and love tasting something that came from them. Generally if a mate is willing to pee in front of you or better yet ON you, there's a pretty clear implication of them feeling safe and comfortable with you and I think that in itself implies a lot of intimacy and emotional warmth towards eachother and I love that.

For me golden showers and all pee play or any sort of excretory play is all beautiful and it's all an honour and a treat to behold and take part in.