Peeing at a swimming pool or water park. (POLL)

Where do you pee at pools?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. You're swimming in a pool and need to pee, do you

• just pee while swimming
    • get out and pee in the grass or pool deck
    • run into the showers
    • step into the dressing area
    • use proper restrooms
  2. 2. You're sunbathing poolside and need to pee, do you

• pee where you are
    • sit or stand at the edge of the pool
    • take a quick swim
    • run into the showers
    • step into the dressing area
    • use proper restrooms
  3. 3. You're in the locker / dressing room and need to pee, do you

• just go there on the floor /walls
    • run into the showers
    • wait until you're in the pool
    • use the proper restrooms
  4. 4. Check off all the places where you've peed at a swimming pool

• while swimming in a pool
    • sitting at the side of a pool
    • standing at the side of a pool
    • on a pool deck
    • in the grass / bush / tree near a pool
    • in the showers
    • on dressing room floor / walls
  5. 5. Do other know where you've peed

• yes, others have seen me doing it
    • Yes, I've shared with others that I do it
    • no, I don't think anyone knows

15 hours ago, sillyme said:

This women made a great YouTube video where she looks into whether it's ok to pee in the pool: 

I concluded that because this video says we are not supposed to it's more fun!

Select quotes:

“Have you ever peed in the pool before?”

“Of course!”

“Most of the time I do, I’ll admit”

“Oh, yeah, I pee in the pool, I’ll admit it”

“Everyone does it”

“It’s too much work to like get out”

“It’s really awkward to take off a wet swimsuit”

• Like 2
8 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Did you happen to piss on the wall of the shed?

Nah, I couldn't really go that far behind the shed because stuff was in the way, so I just went on the ground. The most people could see was my back though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ms. Tito said:

Nah, I couldn't really go that far behind the shed because stuff was in the way, so I just went on the ground. The most people could see was my back though.

Totally understandable. The ground still counts as a great and naughty place to piss

• Love 1
22 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Totally understandable. The ground still counts as a great and naughty place to piss

Yeah and it makes me happy that my family is totally cool with me peeing outside if I need to. 

• Love 2
  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Pissalot said:

Does anyone here pee outside the toilet at the pool without actually peeing in the water? I've peed in the locker room showers, but I think that's about it.

@Pissalot - I'm merged your post in here.  Please read back, you'll find a few(!) people have already addressed your question.

(In general you'll find site search is a powerful tool - type in 'pool' for example and you'll find many, many existing topics on the subject).

5 hours ago, Peewee123 said:

I have to say I’m shocked at how many people pee in pools! I’ve never done it and I’ve never known a partner or friend who does either. Im not sure I want to swim again 🤣

Well, asking here is maybe going to give a slightly skewed perspective - we are after all Peefans.   Asking 100 people in the street if they'd let a stranger pee on them would probably give a very different answer than asking 100 of us if we'd let a stranger pee on us.  Not saying 100 people here would, but you know what I mean.

So it could it be more accurate to say you've "never known a partner of friend who admits to doing either"?    Maybe people do, but everyone thinks they're the only one and thinks everyone else would disapprove - so nobody admits to it but many people do?

It's been frequently mentioned, if you're at an enclosed pool and it smells of Chlorine, it's not actually the Chlorine itself but the product of the Chlorine combining with urine, sweat and other contaminants.  In other words if it smells, it's been peed in.

11 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Well, asking here is maybe going to give a slightly skewed perspective - we are after all Peefans.   Asking 100 people in the street if they'd let a stranger pee on them would probably give a very different answer than asking 100 of us if we'd let a stranger pee on us.  Not saying 100 people here would, but you know what I mean.

So it could it be more accurate to say you've "never known a partner of friend who admits to doing either"?    Maybe people do, but everyone thinks they're the only one and thinks everyone else would disapprove - so nobody admits to it but many people do?

It's been frequently mentioned, if you're at an enclosed pool and it smells of Chlorine, it's not actually the Chlorine itself but the product of the Chlorine combining with urine, sweat and other contaminants.  In other words if it smells, it's been peed in.

Actually, we're not so much more liberal in pools than the general public. Various other sources reveal this silent majority. A book, "Do you do it with the lights on" revealed that 43% of Americans pee in pools. A "babycenter" poll showed that 58% of moms do so when watching kids at pools and even "smarter traveler" says that 64% of American tourists pee in pools.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

My last two times swimming at the indoor pool, on the way out I told the worker at the front dest: "I had a wonderful time relaxing, swimming, and peeing in the pool." 

Both times she just replied, "I'm happy you enjoyed yourself," not even getting mad at me for telling her I peed in the pool.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, sillyme said:

My last two times swimming at the indoor pool, on the way out I told the worker at the front dest: "I had a wonderful time relaxing, swimming, and peeing in the pool." 

Both times she just replied, "I'm happy you enjoyed yourself," not even getting mad at me for telling her I peed in the pool.

everyone does, our staff included. I don't know of a single one of our guards that doesn't.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, beachmom said:

everyone does, our staff included. I don't know of a single one of our guards that doesn't.

I've mentioned it before in more detail, but I've seen a female lifeguard get down off her viewing chair, sit on the side of the pool for less than a minute, splash her bikini bottoms with water and go back to the chair.  She was definitely peeing.  So, not only do they do it, but they do it when they can be seen, so it is obviously accepted.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Prior to swimming I’ll let pee build up during the day so I’m desperate by the time I get to the pool. When in water I generate a lot of pee (physiology of water temperature and pressure) and this will push me into uncontrollable leaking, whilst stress-incontinence caused by messing around and climbing in & out of the water will force out bigger spurts, all this happening without my friends being aware which adds to the feeling of naughtiness! Finish off at the end of the swim either around the pool or in the showers.

• Hot 1
  • 1 year later...
On 10/9/2019 at 4:06 AM, beachmom said:

I've always been quite liberal about peeing at swimming pools, just curious how normal I am compared to everyone else.

Well thank you for your poll, apparently I'm average when it comes to "naughty peeing" when at a swimming pool or a water park, tho I suppose the results were to be expected here 🤣

5 hours ago, WateryMoose said:

Well thank you for your poll, apparently I'm average when it comes to "naughty peeing" when at a swimming pool or a water park, tho I suppose the results were to be expected here 🤣

It's an old poll and certainly we're a bit more liberal than the general public, however not as much so as you might think. Various mainstream poll put the percentage of swimmers who pee in pools at somewhere between 36% and 42%.  Showers at 65% to 80% and locker room floors at around 30% for men.

• Like 2