Time Travel - A one way ticket to wherever you choose!

Admin

The concept of time travel is something that I think interests most people. If you could go anywhere in time, past or future, where would you go? The catch to this scenario is, it's a one way ticket, you can't travel back to our present, so choose wisely!

As much as I'd like to go to the future, or the distant past (then again I'm not sure I could manage without some of the luxuries we have today), I guess the most logical idea would be to go back in time a week ago and buy a winning lottery ticket and earn enough to be set for life.

I'm sure any members who have an interest in history may have some good ideas for times they'd like to travel to.

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tough question. I really like the time I am in now.

Probably the early 20th century in NYC. The beginnings of industrialization and "modern" society. In particular, I want to observe the shock that people had as horses were cast aside for automobiles.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2014 at 7:32 PM, Admin said:

The concept of time travel is something that I think interests most people. If you could go anywhere in time, past or future, where would you go? The catch to this scenario is, it's a one way ticket, you can't travel back to our present, so choose wisely!

As much as I'd like to go to the future, or the distant past (then again I'm not sure I could manage without some of the luxuries we have today), I guess the most logical idea would be to go back in time a week ago and buy a winning lottery ticket and earn enough to be set for life.

I'm sure any members who have an interest in history may have some good ideas for times they'd like to travel to.

Back enough in time to an age where humans were so few they could be all gathered in a single point

Brainwash them into a lifeview that would prevent all bad things happened since humans started to make was against each other almost four millennia ago

and die happy

Who cares for getting back to the present? I don't live to see the world I am building

I live to build it

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2014 at 7:58 PM, steve25805 said:

If being 30 years younger was also part of the deal I'd like to go back to the late 60s and enjoy the era of free love and plentiful ganja!!!

Like Snoop Dogg said, Word of the Lord

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY TIPTIPHOPTEEEEEP DOODOODOODOODOO

• Love 1
On 4/3/2014 at 1:32 PM, Admin said:

The concept of time travel is something that I think interests most people. If you could go anywhere in time, past or future, where would you go?

I'd turn down the chance to time travel.  It would be the perfect time to remember the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

I believe the present moment is all that really matters.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

I'd turn down the chance to time travel.  It would be the perfect time to remember the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

I believe the present moment is all that really matters.

The present moment has only one problem: nobody hears you unless you got billions of dollars or you kill some thousands of people

Political activism is unfairly hard these days, nobody listens

I think we live in the worst moment of History since WWII

Stupidity can do much Greater damages thanall other problems we had in the last 75 years

• Love 1
1 minute ago, will64 said:

i would go back in time and save all the 60s Doctor Who episodes 🙂

You do know that almost every TV show that has ever aired anywhere is available on an Internet tv system? We have an andriod Kodi box that never ceases to amaze us, it's the best thing since torrents, lol.

• Haha 1

I kind of like the Cyberpunk era, Bladerunner, Judge Dredd, The 5th Element kind of settings. I could really be at home there, lol.

No idea that society will end up this way, of course, the nuclear war boffins are now saying that we live in a worse time than what happened during 'The Cold War', and that someone will do something stupid within the next 20 years.

4 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

You do know that almost every TV show that has ever aired anywhere is available on an Internet tv system? We have an andriod Kodi box that never ceases to amaze us, it's the best thing since torrents, lol.

not really there are 97 missing episodes missing/wiped from the archives you see BBC brefore 1978 wipe most of there TV shows some like steptoe and son  

Series 5 was Produced in colour, however all currently only exist in black and white and with Series 6 two episodes  survive in colour

• Like 1

Ok, I'm probably using a U.S. Based source, we have watched the entire 'Outer Limits' the original 'Lost in Space' and a few other tv things from the 50's and 60's that we didn't know existed. Some would have looked far fetched when first on air, and although dated, has some relevant points.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:47 PM, will64 said:

not really there are 97 missing episodes missing/wiped from the archives you see BBC brefore 1978 wipe most of there TV shows some like steptoe and son  

Series 5 was Produced in colour, however all currently only exist in black and white and with Series 6 two episodes  survive in colour

Yes,  back then the BBC had no concept of preserving for the future - recordings on early studio magnetic video tape were recorded over as the tape needed to be reused.  Hindsight is wonderful.

• 1 year later...

In practical terms, as a diabetic dependent upon a number of medications, I could not go back far into the past on any permanent basis because the meds I need to survive would not have been invented yet. I literally could not survive there. But going forwards into the future might be an option, in the hope they've found a cure.  

• Like 1