What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

The distillers - Hall of mirrors.

One of many fantastic distillers songs. I often find punk rock rather boring, but I really enjoy their music. Check out some live videos, Brody Dalle just fucking destroys everything with her voice, sooo hot.. 🙂

Sophie, that was great!  What type of keyboard is that?  Back in the late 1980's the keyboardist in my band got the first Kurzweil K1000.  I thought that had a great grand piano sample, but yours is much better.  Wow!  And your playing is spot on.  Thanks for sharing.

On 12/14/2018 at 11:42 PM, HitEmAll said:

never heard of it

The distillers - Hall of mirrors.

One of many fantastic distillers songs. I often find punk rock rather boring, but I really enjoy their music. Check out some live videos, Brody Dalle just fucking destroys everything with her voice, sooo hot.. 🙂

The old, silent B&W film was shown on a screen behind the band.  In this clip the picture alternates between the band onstage and the silent film.  Bill Bruford is the other drummer on the left.  This is one powerful piece of music!  It's only the last portion of the song.  One of my favorites of all time.  Enjoy!

• Love 1

Ozabot, thanks for that Crimson song.  It's one of the best examples of the Mellotron, the keyboard with the string sound.  Sounds of woodwinds and voices were also available.  It had actual tapes of the real sounds in it.  My earlier post of 'Cinema Show' by Genesis features the Mellotron with the choir sound. 

Though outdated now, it was such a powerful instrument!  Nowadays, there are many keyboard players who use digital samples of a real Mellotron.  So, it's still the same sound. Back in the 1970's, when the Mellotron was being used, it was known for breaking down often.  Each key on the keyboard had an 8-second loop of tape with the sound.  Therefore, you couldn't hold a note or chord for more than 8 seconds!  LOL!

Thanks for the video.  King Crimson is one of my faves of all time!  It was great to hear that song.  Oh, one last bit of trivia for the Brits here.  Mellotron was a British company and Mike Pinder from the Moody Blues worked there.  That is why the Moodies had one and a very good one!  Though not a great musician, Pinder was a master of it.  Hell, he worked there!  LOL!

I think Mellotron is back in business, but I've been out of the music business for so long that I don't know what they're up to.  I do know I've seen keyboards with the name on them on TV.  Maybe someone here can update me on this?  Thanks!

Well, I probably bored everyone to sleep by now so I'll shut up.

Edited by 2prnot2p