What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

On 10/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Kupar said:

Absolutely no apologies if this has been posted before. Happy 80th birthday Mr Simon and thank you. Many happy returns.

You reminded me of this video of a live performance they did a few years ago. Gorgeous harmonies!

• Love 2

So,  history lesson time...    Way back in 1977 when bands like 10cc and the BeeGees were making 'nice' music, Meatloaf with aid of Jim Steinman created the epic that is Bat Out Of Hell.  Not just a song, but a whole album full of melodramatic rock.

Wind on to 1984, two similar albums under his rather large belt, but times were changing with the advent of electronic music, and time for Meatloaf to try and stay current.  Back then the Bad Attitude album was barely off my player.

Back to reality, four and a half decades later and I've just given it another spin - maybe it's nostalgia, but still sounds great.  Here's the first single release (extended edition) from that Album

Just to add to the history lesson… in the days before streaming and social media, even before MTV there was radio airplay, once a week chart shows and there were sales gimmicks - like vinyl picture discs…. Some of them with definite teen appeal. 

D279C4FD-5DE5-46CF-B0CE-9CABF4E27FA0.thumb.jpeg.b4ba3fa4eba7b91d469a3f0a0f2abe38.jpeg

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Kupar said:

One of my favorite songs for it brings back beautiful memories: I was 16 years old, dancing to this song, and the very hot and sweet girl I was dancing with whispered in my ear: "Yes, K., you've got a friend..."  

Even today, almost 50 years later, I have a very vivid memory of that magic moment. Thank you, @Kupar!

• Love 1