What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, PixieRyder said:

Mountain Jam  TTB/Trey at the Beacon

Unbelievable!

Now this is new to me. Had to look up Tedeschi Trucks Band. But ... wow! Amazing playing! Thanks ❤️

• Like 1
On 7/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, PixieRyder said:

I admit I listen to a lot of unique music. Glad that you enjoyed it.

Derek (and sometimes Susan) have joined Clapton for his Crossroads guitar festivals and have been part of his US band.

Tedeschi Trucks Band have just released their retrospective of The Derek and the Dominos Layla album.

It is absolutely stunning.

I think you will enjoy.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

To confirm my status as PF's least cool, most dinosaur-like and soppily romantic music fan.

I never really liked Genesis, and this, of course, is the beginning of the end for them as a giant prog-rock band, but somehow ... I really like this. There - I've said it.

• Like 1

And I have long believed that this is the most perfect pop song ever recorded. Three minutes 23 seconds of pure pop perfection: terrific guitar riff, magnificent sax solo, rock-solid drumming, sexy lead singer, even-sexier keys player, smooth production - unbeatable! No arguments.

Incidentally, the sexy keyboard player (Martha Ladly) is professor of design at Ontario College of Art & Design University.

Edited by Kupar
Clarification
  • Like 3
44 minutes ago, Psycho17 said:

Currently listening to La catedral — Agustín Barrios

A beautiful piece 🙂. I have heard it before (John Williams' recording I guess), but not for a long time - thank you for reminding me!

• Like 1

Witch Hunt by Rush ... I remember hearing this for the first time live.  Just stunning.  Great song but really shows its claws on stage.

RIP Neil Peart.  We may never see a stage band like Rush again (though Muse makes a good second option ... completely different and yet so similar).

Oops ... switched to Jammin' by Bob Marley.  Nice shuffle.  Love these stylistic transitions.  😁

On 6/3/2021 at 10:35 PM, Sophie said:

AWESOME song, and a very, very jiggly performance by one of the backing singers 😉

That's a killer cover.  May absolutely rips it up.  Thanks for the pointer.  Never heard this version before.

On the girls:  The girl on the right is nice a jiggly, but the girl on the left has better nipple action.  😎

In terms of human achievements, there's the Apollo moon landings, the pyramids ... and Clem Burke's drumming on this track. I particularly like the machine-gun riffs from about 1:30. Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1