What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

31 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

This morning has mostly been Pink Floyd in the background via Amazon music / Alexa. 

Only problem is when she plays individual tracks from albums like The Wall out of context, so they start and stop abruptly. 

Are the tracks in the right order? That's the most irritating thing about, say, genius mixes in iTunes (I know, old tech ...). Can you conceive of listening to a Pink Floyd album where the tracks are mixed up? Horrible!

2 hours ago, Kupar said:

Are the tracks in the right order? That's the most irritating thing about, say, genius mixes in iTunes (I know, old tech ...). Can you conceive of listening to a Pink Floyd album where the tracks are mixed up? Horrible!

It's worse than that - "Alexa play songs from Pink Floyd..." and get the reply 'Playing songs by Pink Floyd on Amazon Radio'.

Now I guess there's a licensing issue going on somewhere - first song was one of the more introspective tracks from The Wall, and from what I recognised nothing at all from Dark Side, Division Bell or any other works of greatness.  Not even the 'commercial' stuff everyone knows like Money, Time or Great Gig In The Sky.

Time to get the vinyl out instead I think.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

It's worse than that - "Alexa play songs from Pink Floyd..." and get the reply 'Playing songs by Pink Floyd on Amazon Radio'.

Now I guess there's a licensing issue going on somewhere - first song was one of the more introspective tracks from The Wall, and from what I recognised nothing at all from Dark Side, Division Bell or any other works of greatness.  Not even the 'commercial' stuff everyone knows like Money, Time or Great Gig In The Sky.

Time to get the vinyl out instead I think.

😞 It would spoil my enjoyment I think ... to a point (though more where I know the albums really well, or where they are clearly intended to be listened to from start to finish). I retain the capability to play vinyl (just because I could never bear to throw those LPs away) even though they only occasionally come out.

Edited by Kupar
typos ... again!
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

first song was one of the more introspective tracks from The Wall, and from what I recognised nothing at all from Dark Side, Division Bell or any other works of greatness.  

Set the controls for the heart of the back catalogue

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Sophie said:

Just watched / listened to this again. Wonderful. I love the calmness of his playing - he makes complex things look effortless. It's like watching John Renbourn play guitar - the minimum of movement, nothing flashy - not even flamboyant - and yet the sounds ...

I'm sure this must have been posted many times already...

How I wish, how I wish you were here. We're just two lost souls Swimming in a fish bowl, Year after year, Running over the same old ground. What have we found? The same old fears. Wish you were here.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I'm sure this must have been posted many times already...

How I wish, how I wish you were here. We're just two lost souls Swimming in a fish bowl, Year after year, Running over the same old ground. What have we found? The same old fears. Wish you were here.

I'll say three things about this. First, it's magnificent - and by far my favourite Floyd song. Second, one of the greatest live music experiences of my life was hearing, with my daughter, the Swedish tribute bank Pünk Flöyd play this song at the Cambridge Folk Festival in 2018 in front of a big and hugely enthusiastic crowd, singing along with real feeling (Pink Floyd are *revered* in Cambridge). Third, you know where I am, my friend.

12 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Third, you know where I am, my friend.

Indeed - and I thank you and all my true PF friends from the bottom of my heart.

Actually, no need to worry though - I must admit to a choice of melancholy tunes, I'd been listening to songs like Guns & Roses November Rain, Bryan Adams Heaven and Bruce Hornsby - but was in quite a good relaxed mood.  My wife had headed off to bed leaving me with my Friday evening diet of Sky Arts music documentaries. Brian Johnson had met Sting, the third part of Icon* had been on and then the story of the album was playing when I posted it.

Amazing how music can evoke emotions, in this case though no cause for concern.

* Icon - Music through the lens - highly recommended for any lover of classic music, the stories from the photographers' mouths.

• Love 1

I have had a bunch of tiktok songs stuck in my head these last few days.

Lemonade, "bitches stay hating, you can't miss what you never had. Hey, Hey! Off the Juice, codeine got me trippin'." 

I guess that's how the lyrics go lmao.