What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Admin

Does anyone listen to mainstream music on here?Ive never heard of most of these.

I was just listening to the Revolver album,the Beatles.Heard of them?Its one of my favourites,i have all their main releases,to me Rubber Soul is good but my least favourite.Hard Days Night is their best,to me.Im an "early period" fan,up to about 1966.😉

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, F.W said:

Does anyone listen to mainstream music on here?Ive never heard of most of these.

I was just listening to the Revolver album,the Beatles.Heard of them?Its one of my favourites,i have all their main releases,to me Rubber Soul is good but my least favourite.Hard Days Night is their best,to me.Im an "early period" fan,up to about 1966.😉

@F.W  I feel the same way as you!  I was a musician too!  I started lessons at age 5, the drums.  I'm 59 now.  I played professionally for many years.  Yet, I have no clue about who artists are now.

The last new band to come out that I absolutely loved was...The Police!  LOL!  Seriously.  I've given all bands a chance, really I have.  But, they lack melody, harmony, lyrical originality, and well...TALENT!  Some say that means I'm an old fart.  So be it. 

I love Lady Gaga's voice, but not her music.  Man, she can sing like no other I've ever heard.  Still, I must like the music, above all else. 

The Beatles were comparable to life starting here on earth, billions of years ago.  That really is the way one must look at it.  Despite the odds, a group of 4 people came together to make the most wonderful music we'll ever have.  And, to think that they did this while in their 20's makes it all the more amazing!

I love Rubber Soul and Revolver best.  To me, it's a tie.  There's never been a band like the Beatles and there NEVER will be another! 

Edited by 2prnot2p
  • Agree 1

Usually by listening to music,it means im browsing YouTube...

Just now was into "Village People".They had some funky hits late 70s-early 80s.Just at the end of the disco era.

Basically a gay vocal group,fronted by Victor Willis.I think the Village People did more to advance gay rights and general acceptance of gayness than anything else,they almost made it "cool".A 6 piece vocal band,Victor Willis(Motorcycle cop)was lead vocals.

Then supported by a Construction worker,Cowboy,Hells Angel,Red Indian and Army guy/Sailor usually..Great hits,"In the Navy","YMCA","Macho Man","Go West".

• Like 2

This is a song from my favorite band, Procol Harum.  Although the song is from 1974, the lyrics are timeless and do apply to the world today. 

"Psychiatrists and Lawyers destroying mankind
Drivin' 'em crazy and stealing 'em blind
Bankers and Brokers ruling the world
Storing the silver and hoarding the gold

Ain't no use in preachers preaching
When they don't know what they're teaching
The weakest man be strong as Samson
When you're being held to ransom

Famine and hardship in true living colour
Constant reminders...the plight of our brother
Daily starvation our diet of news
Fed to the teeth with a barrage of views

The weakest man be strong as Samson
When you're being held to ransom

Black men and white men, and Arabs and Jews
Causing congestion and filling the queues
Fighting for freedom the truth and the word
Fighting the war for the end of the world

Weakest man be strong as Samson
When you're being held to ransom"

Edited by 2prnot2p
  • Love 1
  • Hot 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

24/7 Wall Street has determined the 100 absolute best songs of all time by creating an index based on sales from the Recording Industry Association of America, Billboard performance, number of cover versions and recognition among music fans.

100 absolute best songs of all time

And the №1 is:

Edited by Ozabot
  • Love 1