Adventure

Riley

Sorry for the random post. 

Part of me has wanted to just kind of venture out away from the town I call home. Like I've lived in my home town for my entire life time and I just wonder what's out there in the world. Part of me wants to just move like across the world, like maybe to like the UK idk yet. 

I just want to explore something new. There's a whole world out there and I've seen a tiny fraction of it. Like I've seen movies and videos with other parts of the world but never been there. I haven't seen the people and melded into their daily life. I haven't looked off of their horizon and see the world. 

Like I love my area but there's so much more out there in the world. I go outside and I see the horizon stretching off into the distance and wonder what's over there. I look across the glittering waves and know that there's something more out there. Something amazing. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

As a Brit,i cannot sadly recommend you come here,certainly to any big cities.If you do come try stay in one of the more rural areas.

Our cities after dark arent safe.They resemble downtown Mogadishu.We have stabbings,fights,robberies,you name it,it happens.We are overrun by lawless African "refugees",much as the rest of Europe.

The East Coast of Yorkshire is nice to visit however,and we do have many historical castles,cathedrals etc.York i CAN recommend you visit.The Minster there has been up since the 13th century,and even one of our greatest kings,Edward the third,who ruled from 1327 to 1377,and led England during the early part of the 100 (116) years war very successfully,was married in York minster...Its buyer beware basically.

Edited by F.W
  • Love 1

@Riley i was at the same point some months ago. I did quit my work, left my city in germany and moved to italy. I am living in a complety new location and couldnt even speak the Language for the first few months. Now i am here since almost a half year and all i can say is: it was the best desicion i could have made to search for the new.

Ps sry for my bad english lol🙈

• Love 1

Raven,

I live in central rural England, 30 mins away from big cities for entertainment etc,  but living deep in the countryside with cows, sheep and a few hundred lovely people around. Its paradise, believe me, with so many beautiful places to visit throughout this lovely country. Like I said before I will help you all I can. Just fly into Birmingham airport, let me know arrival time and I'll be there for you..... xx

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we've established that @F.W isn't employed by the British National Tourist Board - yes, every city has it's no-go areas but at the same time there are some fine, vibrant up and coming areas.

I know how much of a Beatles fan you are @Riley - in which case there's only one place in the universe you're meant to be...   and coincidentally it's the safest city I know of.