Is Donald Trump racist?

Recently Donald Trump has told four ethnic congresswomen to "go home". Three of them are American borne and bred, and the fourth has been an American citizen for longer than his wife.

Telling people of colour to "go home" even when they were born and have lived all their lives in your country and are full citizens of it, is a standard racist trope.

When someone comes out with shit like this they are a bona fide racist in my book. Case closed.

Dunno what others think.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dont really care sorry...i would vote for him i agree with a lot of what hes trying to do.Peace with N Korea,putting Iran in its place etc.The rest is just like office gossip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, F.W said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dont really care sorry...i would vote for him i agree with a lot of what hes trying to do.Peace with N Korea,putting Iran in its place etc.The rest is just like office gossip.

I don't agree. Motive matters. Racists are scum and tend to think and act like scum, which matters in a leader.

And he has hardly put Iran in it's place. Quite the opposite he has gone looking for a fight just to snub his predecessor. A small minded man with a big ego, and small minded policies motivated by dubious promptings.

His admiration for Kim Jong ill is also highly dubious and suspect.

But in the final analysis, racism matters in a leader, as does any other form of bigotry.

If you would vote for him you are in a definite small minority in this country.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Seriously, supposed to be the leader of the most powerful country in the world and set an example and he behaves like a big kid, and that's not gossip, he stands up in public and behaves badly and tweets god knows what,

he should try more of this.

speak softly and carry a big stick

1. Do not boast or utter verbal threats, but do make others aware that you are prepared to use physical force if necessary.

Trump does the complete opposite boasts threatens and insults people and then can't back it up.

Just my opinion

• Like 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, hold_on said:

Totally agree. Does not and will not stand for ALL Americans.

Ok first of all let me tell you that I Always love people that partecipates in politic debates on this forum, so fucking welcome, with all my heart

19 hours ago, mickymoist said:

he behaves like a big kid

I have a subtle convincement that this leads people to see him as less aloof and more funny than other exceedingly serious leaders. Nobody takes him seriously when he threatens. Check the YouTube parody of Dinesy's Frozen "Do you wanna build a snowman" which features Trumps on "Do you wanna build a wall"

THAT is the general opinion about him… and for what it concerns his bad jokes about telling those women to

20 hours ago, steve25805 said:

"go home"

let me tell you this, I have helped so many angry people that I learnt one important thing: when somebody is angry for whatever reason and wants to offend you, he picks personal features.

Not because you are racist but because you are immature and miss to see that such a thing can be considered a low blow. For example I have had problems with mafia from other ethnies but have never felt the instict to tell them to fuck off for being -insert enthny-

But some people a bit more headlong, does

Because it is human, more than racist. I consider Trump superficial, not racist. To be racisto you need a very deep problem with your inner instincts (racism comes from an unbalanced unconscious aggressiveness toward other tribes) and Trump is by no mean so deep

20 hours ago, F.W said:

Peace with N Korea,putting Iran in its place etc

Yes, and this is because he doesn't play that "aloof" character, is more relatable. This is a point of strenght. I would just like that cared more for other things which don't work in the USA

• Like 1
1 hour ago, spywareonya said:

I consider Trump superficial, not racist

I am afraid this time I must disagree with you.

Whilst he may well be superficial he is definitely a racist.

I have so often heard people say of people of certain colours or ethnicities that they should "go home" even when born here. And without fail everyone playing this line has been a racist of some sort. Non-racists simply don't make the connection between different skin colour and not belonging. 

Trump is sadly a total racist. That he is also undoubtedly a total idiot does not detract from that.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

@steve25805

Not gonna insist, but bah, something in my mind says that

7 hours ago, Sexismygod said:

"Don't assume malice when stupidity will suffice"

I know him too little to be sure of my positions, by now I think more that

7 hours ago, spywareonya said:

when somebody is angry for whatever reason and wants to offend you, he picks personal features

But I'm not that sure of anything

• Like 2
7 hours ago, spywareonya said:

Not gonna insist, but bah, something in my mind says that

Well it seems that he is either a racist or and idiot. (I think he is both) Either way, it is not good that he is President.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1