Is there anything that can be done with the smiley list? My tablet crawls to a halt whenever I open it because it has to load all the images. I feel like most aren't even used so it could be cut down significantly. 

• Agree 1

Unfortunately with the emojis it's all or nothing - it either seems like they can all be enabled or none can. I have made some enquires to see if there's a better system as I agree the smiley box can be slow to load.

Having said that, there isn't really a lot of need to use it, as you can just use the emoji button on your tablet/phone keyboard instead. It's more there for pc users who may not have that option (and hopefully on a pc it would load a little faster too). 

I will look into alternatives though if it is becoming unusable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

So the upshot is because we're using the Twitter-style emojis, there is a slight delay which wouldn't happen as much if we used the default emojis.

The problem is the Twitter-style look far better in my opinion.

Happy to change though if this is something that's annoying for many people, but for me it's exactly the same as DXR: 

7 hours ago, DXR said:

It takes about 3 seconds to load on my PC - a bit of a delay, but not an issue for me.  ⏱️

They should save to your cache as well so in theory after opening them, for the rest of your session here they should load even faster.

• Like 1

It isn't the delay that bothers me, its the fact the tab becomes unusable for 10 seconds or more when using my tablet. 

Knowing that the standard emoji built in to the keyboard  is compatible renders it a non issue. I didn't realise this at the time. 

👀

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, Admin said:

It's more there for pc users who may not have that option (and hopefully on a pc it would load a little faster too). 

It take a few seconds, and sometimes it discourage a bit  from using them

I have to admit that the original, very short set, that was here when I started posting two summers ago, wasn't bad at all...

Just to say, I'm fine with whatever

• Love 1
On 7/9/2019 at 3:09 AM, Admin said:

So the upshot is because we're using the Twitter-style emojis, there is a slight delay which wouldn't happen as much if we used the default emojis.

The problem is the Twitter-style look far better in my opinion.

Happy to change though if this is something that's annoying for many people, but for me it's exactly the same as DXR: 

They should save to your cache as well so in theory after opening them, for the rest of your session here they should load even faster.

Actually, they cache only for the current reply.  They exhibit the full 3-second reload time on each new reply.  But again, that's not a problem on a PC. 

• 1 month later...