Do you believe in aliens?

Yes i do.In the sense of that on other worlds there are bound to be other life forms.Maybe some more advanced,and others maybe just at the multi-cellular organisms just forming an ooze on the surface of the mud.

A given in physics,is that life basically will be the same no matter where,due to the chemical,and nutritional requirements.Life being either animal,or vegetable,needing 3 basic things.Water,Air(a combination of gases such as Oxygen,Nitrogen in various percentages etc),and light.Then being required to evolve according to the ambient temperatures of the planet.

Our own world,exists in what is known as the "Goldilocks zone"..Not too hot,or too cold.Either of these and water would either evaporate,or freeze solid.Therefore life must exist in the kind of range of temperatures similar to ours,where there are places that are at least above 1deg C,so there is water.

Of course,life on other worlds could have to us,bizarre looking creatures,but even then,Darwinian evolution would shape their form according to the conditions on that particular world.

So yes,i do hope there is lots of it out there to be discovered by our great x20 grandchildren!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

All given information considered:

I do not see why there shouldn't be life of all sorts and in all kinds of stages in the universe.

How it looks like, I have no idea.

But if it evolved in an environment similar to ours I assume it would look very similar to life on earth (current as well as extinct).

• Like 1

There was a guy Erich von Daniken,who has written about his theories "Chariots of the Gods",as to why certain Mayan temples and figures resemble spacecraft,or like docking stations.Some illustrations do look like a guy with air tubes going into a suit etc.

He of course,was ridiculed,but very interesting.

I also remember years ago,seeing a wild theory that aliens wiped out the Dinosaurs,coming to earth and over-hunting etc.That the large amounts of the element Iridium found at the "K-T" boundary(Cretaceous-Tertiary),isnt from an asteroid,but in fact caused by the kind of fuel and weaponry of these alien hunters,of 60,000,000 years ago.Crazy?Maybe,but WHO REALLY knows?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

The DARPA

But obviously you need to make the right friendships if you hope to hack its secret (and risk arrest or to be ACCIDENTLLY pushed on the road while the bus arrives at the bus stop by "somebody")

Believe me, aliens not only are on Earth, but are not even that much more complicated than us

Their faster-than-light travels rely on wormholes, they by no means possess technology able to somehow warp Laws of Nature, they are bred and die like us humans, they got Governments and social problems just like us, they simply are a bit more advanced on a thecnological and social stance, yet not that much

Sounds interesting! 🙂 Do you know do they look? 👽🛸

• Love 1

There will be so many planets like ours,yet so unlike,that they will be a few degrees warmer or cooler.More watery,or less watery.Planets where only what we would call "fish" live.Maybe that aquatic creatures have become in fact advanced and live in what we would recognise as organised societies,except totally underwater.

A pity non of us will be around when the first ever discovery of life outside our own world is found.

• Like 3

Its true that within the scientific world much that is unknown,is explained away.An ancient carving showing what could be a spaceship,is explained away as a stylised drawing of snakes etc.

But who knows,maybe there WERE spaceships thousands of years ago.

Maybe aliens do visit us,but are in fact almost microscopic.Their craft being not much larger than a grain of rice.They land and study us,being so small they are invisible,that they can enter our atmosphere undetected.

Who can say?

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, HitEmAll said:

Sounds interesting! 🙂 Do you know do they look? 👽🛸

They are roughly anthropomorphic, all races, for creatures of our evolutionary level anthropoid form is useful

• Like 3
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, peeingone said:

Aliens can look like anything but We humans have a anthropomorphic view of these creatures. 

Ehm… not exactly

The shape a living being takes depends on a serie of genetical correspondences

Two legs is the lesser number of legs to be sure to have enough mobility, more than 2 would clog the brain CPU and is more useful for animals but less for evolved creatures

Same for arms, less than two the creature would be clumsy, but more than 2 would be not favourable increse arms/increase brain activity to control them

Then, binocular vision is better than anything else, more than 2 eyes, again, would be difficult to be made functioning, and erected stance is best for countless reasons

I am making things offensively short, but this had been explained very seriously and extensively to me by a scientist, ABOVE a certain level of evolution creature could also look like Godzilla but at our evolutionary level, anthropomorphic figure is the best combination of features

Witch add, no entities at Godzilla evolutionary level exist in this universe, not even by far

• Like 2
  • Love 2