Ethan's Story (Short)

On 6/8/2019 at 12:24 AM, Brutus said:

Thank you all. I wasn't sure if something this short would work. 

Short stories can be just as entertaining and engaging as longer stories if they are of the right calibre (and this one certainly is).   Some would argue that long stories get boring whilst short stories get straight to the point.   In this one, you have given enough background to set the seen, covered the details of the main event sufficiently to conjure up the imagery and then rounded it off nicely as well.   Loved it.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Short stories can be just as entertaining and engaging as longer stories if they are of the right calibre (and this one certainly is).   Some would argue that long stories get boring whilst short stories get straight to the point.   In this one, you have given enough background to set the seen, covered the details of the main event sufficiently to conjure up the imagery and then rounded it off nicely as well.   Loved it.

I certainly understand the appeal of something short and to the point. I just got into a habit of writing long stories over the years but I decided to challenge myself with something way shorter because I have so many ideas stacking up that I'd never get to them otherwise. These have been fun and so much faster. I can deliver far more ideas like this. 

• Like 2