Favorite War Movie

It's so difficult to choose a favorite movie.  But, it's easier to choose one for each type of film.  We could do that.  Categories could be: War, Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi, Action-Adventure, and Documentary.  Feel free to suggest other categories too.   Let's start with war films.   Sound good?

For me, it's a tie: Paths Of Glory and Full Metal Jacket.  (Both Stanley Kubrick films.)

What's your favorite war movie?   Do you have one?  I realize this topic may appeal more to the males than the females.  We could even have a Chick Flick category too. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Band of brother's, full metal jacket, black hawk down, 13 hours the secret soldiers of bengazi, das boot, jarhead there are more lol

17 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Enemy at the gates, fury

I listed almost them all in my own list!!!

So touching!!!

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, spywareonya said:

I listed almost them all in my own list!!!

So touching!!!

I noticed that Haha. We must have similar tastes in war movies. I didn't mean to copy all your movies but these truly are my favorites 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, speedy3471 said:

I noticed that Haha. We must have similar tastes in war movies. I didn't mean to copy all your movies but these truly are my favorites 

War movies are great

They make you remember a world we forget about, lost in expensive clothes, cars, and phones

I would find myself more at ease in a trench than in an office, you know me

I just have a different Destiny… but in itself… I respect that world too much

• Like 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Sophie said:

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Both you and my great friend Speedy mentioned it

I missed this one and indeed I will have to check mandatorily

• Love 2
22 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Band of brother's, full metal jacket, black hawk down, 13 hours the secret soldiers of bengazi, das boot, jarhead there are more lol

Das Boot is awesome!  Great choice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, spywareonya said:

War movies are great

They make you remember a world we forget about, lost in expensive clothes, cars, and phones

I would find myself more at ease in a trench than in an office, you know me

I just have a different Destiny… but in itself… I respect that world too much

My grandpa fought in the trenches in France in WWI against the Germans.  He was from England and lived in the USA.  He enlisted in Canada's army as the USA was not involved in WWI yet.  It was hell, he told me.  They got gassed by the Germans, just awful.

• Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

My grandpa fought in the trenches in France in WWI against the Germans.  He was from England and lived in the USA.  He enlisted in Canada's army as the USA was not involved in WWI yet.  It was hell, he told me.  They got gassed by the Germans, just awful.

THANK YOU for telling this to us

THANK YOU

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I like most war movies.

A Bridge too far is awesome,it tells a real story quite well,if a little patchy.A lot of cameos which detract from it.Robert Redford probably the best as Maj Cook,capturing Nijmegen bridge.

Battle of Britain,when a plane crazy 12 year old.

Saving private Ryan of course.

Full Metal Jacket puts YOU in the marine section in Hue in '68.

Other war movies like Dirty Dozen,Kellys Heroes are excellent,if just adventures.

• Like 2