Waking up at night to pee

20 hours ago, Pissgirl2019 said:

Do you all use the bathroom to pee when you wake up, or pee in the bed? On the floor? Or other? 

Nine times out of ten, bathroom. If I’m staying somewhere with a sink in the bedroom, in the sink. If the bathroom is inconveniently far away, maybe in a container like a bottle or a bucket (a bucket being easier to share with my partner, a bottle more discreet). When camping, in a bottle, or outside the tent on the ground. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Sophie said:

I almost never wake up in the middle of the night to pee. I think it might be because as part of my getting ready for bed routine I always sit on the toilet. 

Ah, this description! Sit on the toilet, and realise you peed without thinking about it, like some people find they do when they stand under the shower or sit in a bath...

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, oliver2 said:

Ah, this description! Sit on the toilet, and realise you peed without thinking about it, like some people find they do when they stand under the shower or sit in a bath...

Yeah I always sit on the toilet no matter what and 90% of the time I will pee, even if its just for a few seconds. 

I seem to have a 3am body clock....   almost exactly.

This weekend we were camping at an event - roughing it in the awning of some friend's caravan.  Sure enough, 3am I woke up with the familiar pressure - waited a while and decided I'd have to go so crept out of my sleeping bag and as silently as possible let myself into the caravan. Using the light of my mobile phone screen I could just about find my way to the toilet compartment for a sit down (as quiet as possible) pee.

On the second night I was on my own in the awning and sure enough - 3am.  I didn't want to risk disturbing them a second night on the run, so this time in total darkness I felt my way to the edge of the awning, where there was a foot of bare grass between the end of the ground sheet and the awning. There I knelt down and as slowly as I could, to be as quiet as I could, let a slow steady trickle out to soak into the grass.

For what it's worth - it felt amazing.

• Hot 1
On 5/24/2019 at 10:38 AM, peeingone said:

You can increase size of Your bladder by adding weight. If You put on weight Your bladder will increase in size. Not sure about Your urgency problem but the bladder will increase in size though. 

If anything I'd want to lose weight. For me the benfifs of being small outweigh the benefits of gaining weight. Also I would have to eat more and me and food don't really get along.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 4:08 AM, puddyls said:

i usually get up once for this. although it’s always tough because it seems to happen when i am at my deepest sleep and like only an hour or so before i know i need to wake up. 

if you slept over at my house id let you pee by the bed on the carpet or on some towels. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 1:34 PM, F.W said:

No i do ok.Usually i wake up with "morning glory".I find my morning glory is actually very hard indeed(😊)do any other guys find that?Usually nowhere to put it,and subsides quickly.I often dont need to pee until ive been up a while.But normally i sleep well enough.

That's interesting.  My days of early morning glory are now a fond memory.  I did find that going to pee - not easy under the circumstances - was the only way to relieve the condition though!  I don't remember having but not needing to wee.  In my case the two seemed to go together, rather like fish and chips.  

Every night! At least once, sometimes twice if I've drunk a lot of water before settling down. 

One time I shared a bed with my flatmate. He and I had been up watching films late into the night and he couldn't be arsed to go to his own bed so he just crawled into bed with me. He woke up in the middle of the night peeing himself, just slightly, as he'd had a pee dream! It wasn't enough to soak anything, he had a wee wet patch on his underwear but none of it went on the bed or anything. It was really strange as he has NEVER had a problem with his bladder and will get up in the middle of the night to have a pee once a month or less!

• Like 4
On 5/17/2019 at 9:50 PM, rajpatel1993 said:

How many of you tend to wake up during the night to have to pee?

I guess I am "a gentleman of a certain age" as I do far more often than not. Sometimes it's twice and, if I'm really lucky, it can be three times. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to go 2 or 3 times when Im sleeping. I cant drink much at work because I'm the only person in the store or we are really busy. I can go from i don't have to pee to omg i have to pee right now. So i don't drink much. Once i get home I drink a lot to rehydrate. The doctor told me to stop drinking about 3 hours before bed.  But i think it better to be hydrated. I bought one of those little lights that light up the inside of your  toilet. I usually sleep walk to the bathroom go and sleep walk back. I usually fall asleep pretty quick.  

• Thanks 1
On 7/19/2019 at 7:50 PM, chubbybirb999 said:

Every night! At least once, sometimes twice if I've drunk a lot of water before settling down. 

One time I shared a bed with my flatmate. He and I had been up watching films late into the night and he couldn't be arsed to go to his own bed so he just crawled into bed with me. He woke up in the middle of the night peeing himself, just slightly, as he'd had a pee dream! It wasn't enough to soak anything, he had a wee wet patch on his underwear but none of it went on the bed or anything. It was really strange as he has NEVER had a problem with his bladder and will get up in the middle of the night to have a pee once a month or less!

I'm guessing your flatmate was probably a younger rather than an older man.  Nocturnal trips to the loo tend to be a feature of life for those of us who are of a certain age.  Had he done a wee before going to bed?  In my case I do drink quite a lot of fluid during the evenings which means that a couple of trips during the night are almost guaranteed.  

On 8/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, Sweets said:

I have to go 2 or 3 times when Im sleeping. I cant drink much at work because I'm the only person in the store or we are really busy. I can go from i don't have to pee to omg i have to pee right now. So i don't drink much. Once i get home I drink a lot to rehydrate. The doctor told me to stop drinking about 3 hours before bed.  But i think it better to be hydrated. I bought one of those little lights that light up the inside of your  toilet. I usually sleep walk to the bathroom go and sleep walk back. I usually fall asleep pretty quick.  

It's far better to stay hydrated and have those nocturnal loo visits.  Dehydration is not good for maintaining health and is, in fact, a cause of many avoidable health problems, water infections being one of the most uncomfortable.  If you're getting back to sleep early that's a good thing.  If going to the bathroom is a hassle though, an alternative solution is to have a container in the bedroom.  I've done that sometimes when I've been staying away and not had the use of an en suite.  

• Agree 1