Server problems?

10 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

Sometimes when i try to log in nothing happens the site wont load and that usally happens for about 5-10min it's not a huge problem but annoying do anyone else get this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Ok first of all it is important to Always notify @Admin

On a second stance, which browser do you use? And what kind of device you log in from? PC? Smartphone?

More infos are Always useful

Many experienced this is the past months and Admin fixed it, but if it is happening again we must check

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

I think it could be that the servers are too weak/small and when too many try to log in they can't load

No, Admin recently used the money from Goldmembership to buy more bandwidth rights from the BusinessBosses, it cannot be that

15 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

I use a samsung i haven't said anything yet because there has not been a HUGE problem but it's not fun when it happens 

Which browser?

Firefox? Explorer? Edge?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

No, Admin recently used the money from Goldmembership to buy more bandwidth rights from the BusinessBosses, it cannot be that

Which browser?

Firefox? Explorer? Edge?

Chrome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

Chrome

Ok, Google Chrome from a Samsung Smartphone?

Other questions, to make Admin's work quickier when he arrives

#1 When was the first time you noticed it?

#2 When the last?

#3 Did it stopped or it still is being naughty?

#4 Many times per day?

#5 Everytime you try to log in, or just sometimes?

Thank you in advance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was problaby a few months ago 

It only happens 1-2 times /week and it goes on for 5-10min 

It always stops after a litle while 

Not every day 

Only sometimes but i log in MANY times every day so i would say it's a very rare problem just something that annoys me when it happens

Edited by Peefreak99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

It was problaby a few months ago 

It only happens 1-2 times /week and it goes on for 5-10min 

It always stops after a litle while 

Not every day 

Only sometimes but i log in MANY times every day so i would say it's a very rare problem just something that annoys me when it happens

LAST time it happened?

I am asking because Admin fixed this stuff last week so if never happened since the beginning of May it will simply mean he uprooted the problem

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

It was last week but then mabye it's cool now i will tell admin if it happens again

If it was LAST week it is AFTER he fixed last time

I still think we should check

When he will see this thread he will have all the infos he needs and act quickly

THANK YOU

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Also @Peefreak99 are you connecting via mobile/cellular internet or wifi and are you connecting through a VPN? Since there are a number of factors at play it might not necessarily be the server that this site is hosted on, but a local connection issue. Also I haven't personally noticed problems with the site.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, lovestoseepee said:

Also @Peefreak99 are you connecting via mobile/cellular internet or wifi and are you connecting through a VPN? Since there are a number of factors at play it might not necessarily be the server that this site is hosted on, but a local connection issue. Also I haven't personally noticed problems with the site.

Yes yes all of these are true

His answers at least offered us some clues, but yes as you said many more factors are at play

I saw Admin online before, reading this thread

Surely he will do something as soon as he can

• Like 1

A huge thanks to everyone who posted here.

It's always helpful if people report problems no matter how small or infrequent as often I won't know about it otherwise. Spywareonya's questions also saved me a lot of time, so I very much appreciate that.

In this case, I have actually experienced what you are referring to, and have been in conversation with our hosting provider about it several times in the last 2 days. I was surprised nobody else had commented on it, as like you I had experienced the brief 5 minute windows of downtime, before the site resuming as normal. 

Just last night I made some settings changes that I am hoping will have fixed it (as I do believe it was caused by heavy server usage - not bandwidth, but simply lots of people doing lots at once).

However, there's no guarantee this has resolved it, so please could anyone reading this reply to this thread if they experience any downtime/timeout errors at all (even if extremely briefly). It's very helpful to know roughly when it's happening to help pinpoint any issues. 

I haven't had any problems today, but I haven't been online much.

So upshot is... hopefully it's already fixed, but please let me know if you experience it again and I'll make sure it gets sorted as soon as possible. 🙂 

Thanks again all.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

Actually i experienced that this morning. The site was down for a few minutes then it came back.  I use google chrome.

Thank you for notifying us

I would like to suggest to explore what happens if people try to use a different browser

I am not suggesting to operate a change, people uses the one they feel more comfortable with, plus the one I am currently using will soon, according to what is said around, eliminated, yet I have almost NEVER experienced site problems with Edge

Edited by spywareonya
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, spywareonya said:

Thank you for notifying us

I would like to suggest to explore what happens if people try to use a different browser

I am not suggesting to operate a change, people uses the one they feel more comfortable with, plus the one I am currently using will soon, according to what is said around, eliminated, yet I have almost NEVER experienced site problems with Edge

Using a different browser won't necessarily help in this case if the server is struggling to cope with the load and usage. But good suggestion if it was another issue 🙂

@Admin not sure if you can see memory and CPU utilisation when the site is under heavy usage or if you can setup a monitor of this to see if the sever needs more memory or if the CPU utilisation can be improved? Maybe these are the settings you have changed. I appreciate the host has probably already suggested this to you.

Edited by lovestoseepee
  • Agree 1

Using Firefox on Ubuntu.   Repeated intermittent connectivity problems.   All other sites working fine.

04:42:42 UTC

Friday, May 17, 2019

The connection has timed out

The server at peefans.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

• Thanks 3
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:46 AM, DXR said:

Using Firefox on Ubuntu.   Repeated intermittent connectivity problems.   All other sites working fine.

04:42:42 UTC

Friday, May 17, 2019

The connection has timed out

The server at peefans.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

EXACTLY the kind of report we need, filled with details

Thank you

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:51 PM, Admin said:

We are aware of what the problem is and further changes have been made to try and resolve the errors.

Please could you confirm if the connection timeout occurs again (starting from now).

No problems in last hours

New updates regularly in the next couple of days

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 5:51 AM, Admin said:

We are aware of what the problem is and further changes have been made to try and resolve the errors.

Please could you confirm if the connection timeout occurs again (starting from now).

It's now been 2 weeks since your post, and I've experienced no issues.   Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Love 1