Drug Tests

1 hour ago, rajpatel1993 said:

Have any of you ever been drug tested before where you had to pee in a cup? If so, describe your experience and interaction with the lab staff.

It was honestly really chill. I made the mistake of not having to pee when I came so they just gave me a water bottle in the waiting area and told me to drink. Once I felt the urge to go they handed me a cup and I went and peed into it and then gave it to them in the main area thing. I had to do it for a doctors thing and not an employment thing so It was probably a lot more relaxed in terms of preventing me from fudging the results.

I have had a few extremely bad experiences....  😞

I had a 24 urine sample test... i had to pee into a clear bottle.... (back then they didn't have those dark orange jugs like they do now a days). I took the bottle of urine into a drop off area which was actually in a public lobby... i was SO beyond embarrised. the nurse made me take the bottle out of the bag and put it on the counter. my father was standing next to me. i just wanted to hide.

Another experience I had was i had to give a urine sample for a doctor because i had odd feeling cramps... i drank a lot and went to the appointment.. i had to pee sooo bad... i ended up peeing in the cup..even though i was super embarrised, scared, nervous... and i found out a few moments later in the doctors office that they made a mistake and tested for the wrong thing. I was SO mad!!! So they made me go and get a water bottle and drink a lot again. The office was closing and i pretty much flat out told them that my bladder wouldn't be full enough again by the time the office was closed so i just left and never went back to that doctors office. 

Another bad experience was at a hospital  prior to a stomach scope.. i had told the nurse that my monthly was a bit late... i knew i wasn't pregnant but she said i had to pee into a cup anyway. I had already peed prior to getting to the hospital. she proceeded to make me go into the bathroom multiple times. she got me hooked up to an IV and purposely flooded me with more fluids than necessary JUST to get try to get me to pee. I was freezing cold from the iv fluid and trying to pee into the cup. The nurse was incredibly rude and impatient with me. I remember laying on a hospital bed waiting for the stomach scope and i could hear the nurse outside of the closed door say rather angierly "I'm trying to get this girl to pee in a cup and she won't do it!"  I was laying on the hospital bed in tears because i was terrified of the stomach scope. upset at the nurses impatience. shocked that she'd shout something like that in a hallway. 

3 hours ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

I had a 24 urine sample test... i had to pee into a clear bottle.... (back then they didn't have those dark orange jugs like they do now a days). I took the bottle of urine into a drop off area which was actually in a public lobby... i was SO beyond embarrised. the nurse made me take the bottle out of the bag and put it on the counter. my father was standing next to me. i just wanted to hide.

Another experience I had was i had to give a urine sample for a doctor because i had odd feeling cramps... i drank a lot and went to the appointment.. i had to pee sooo bad... i ended up peeing in the cup..even though i was super embarrised, scared, nervous... and i found out a few moments later in the doctors office that they made a mistake and tested for the wrong thing. I was SO mad!!! So they made me go and get a water bottle and drink a lot again. The office was closing and i pretty much flat out told them that my bladder wouldn't be full enough again by the time the office was closed so i just left and never went back to that doctors office. 

Another bad experience was at a hospital  prior to a stomach scope.. i had told the nurse that my monthly was a bit late... i knew i wasn't pregnant but she said i had to pee into a cup anyway. I had already peed prior to getting to the hospital. she proceeded to make me go into the bathroom multiple times. she got me hooked up to an IV and purposely flooded me with more fluids than necessary JUST to get try to get me to pee. I was freezing cold from the iv fluid and trying to pee into the cup. The nurse was incredibly rude and impatient with me. I remember laying on a hospital bed waiting for the stomach scope and i could hear the nurse outside of the closed door say rather angierly "I'm trying to get this girl to pee in a cup and she won't do it!"  I was laying on the hospital bed in tears because i was terrified of the stomach scope. upset at the nurses impatience. shocked that she'd shout something like that in a hallway. 

What do you think about measuring your pee in a measuring cup though lol?

12 hours ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experiences ☹️

Unfortunately, compassion seems to be a quality that's sadly lacking in many health professionals.  

Edited by UnauthorisedGuy
  • Agree 1

I’m tested all the time because I’m a truck driver.   I’ve gotten used to it in 20+ years.  

It’s always the same....

You start by emptying your pockets into a basket. Any jewelry, watches, etc. goes in the basket and the nurse locks it in a locker.  Then you wash your hands with her watching.  Then you follow her  into the bathroom.   Everything in there is taped shut.   You can’t turn water on.   You can’t flush the toilet. You can’t lift the back off the toilet.   And as you walk in, the nurse pours a substance into the toilet that turns the water blue.   I don’t even remember what it’s for. Then she’ll walk out the door, but stand there with the door not completely shut.     You pee into a clear cup.  It has a line on it and the nurse told you she needs at least that much.  You may finish in the toilet but you cannot flush it.    

When you’re done, you carry the cup back to the nurses’ counter.   You can then wash your hands.    Then you initial and sign some little stickers that are seals.    She’ll pour the pee into two separate containers while you watch. Then, she places a seal with your signature on each one that covers the lid.   Then she places the samples in a sealed bag and into a Fedex envelope to go to the lab.    Unless they test there, then you just wait.   

I’ve never had a bad experience, and can generally pee on command, as long as I’m not aroused too much.   It’s really never been a problem for me, just part of the job.  

I have had a nurse or two over the years act like they enjoyed holding the warm cup after I gave it to them.   You know...they could’ve put it down sooner but held longer and held it with both hands wrapped around it, rather than from the rim by their fingers.   I’ve always wondered about that.  

Funny story.  Years ago, I’d been drinking water all night at work.   It was the first time my wife had agreed to try piss play with me.  As I walked into the office of the trucking company I was leased to, they told me I had to go take a random drug test.   Now...I’m like two Liters at least into this thing already.   I was trying to be full because I know it’s hard for me to pee when fully erect and my wife was waiting at home, as that was the first day of her vacation.    

So...I got to drug test facility #1.   They’re closed.  Testing facility #2.   Too busy.   #3? They don’t test for that company any more.    About an hour and a half after I’d planned to be at home with my wife, I finally found success at facility  #4.  I explained my dilemma and told them I needed to provide the sample quickly.  They were very nice and took me right back.   I think I peed for an hour.   Felt that way, anyhow.   And it was a STRONG stream.  

The very young nurse standing outside said to another one that was walking by “Oh my gawd!  This pooor man!”   

The other one said “That’s still the SAME guy?!?!  Jeeeeezus!”   

i thought it was funny.   I guess they did, too.  

Edited by HammerheadPilot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

My experiences have been similar to hammerheadpilots. I was drug tested lots as a trucker hauling crude oil. I was kinda hoping to get a 'helping' hand hahahaha

Used to think about that, too.  Now I just try to get it done and on my way 

• Like 1
On 5/5/2019 at 8:05 PM, Blackinksoul30 said:

I have had a few extremely bad experiences.... 

I never understand why medical staff don't understand what they are putting people through.  You would think that they would be the most compassionate people - some are, but some are downright rude and not at all caring what they put you through.  I'm sorry that you had such a rough time on several occassions.  

For handing in samples - there should always be a discrete option.   Our doctors has a toilet next to the nurses room with a cupboard in the wall - you can pee in the bottle/cup, open the door, put your sample in, then the nurse can take it from the other side.   Alternatively, you can take the bottle home, pee in it, then you have to explain to the receptionist that you have a sample and hand it over in front of the queue of people waiting and everyone in the waiting room!!

The only time I needed to provide a sample was for a medical for driving a train.  They didn't tell me in advance that this was part of the test.  I had to drive quite a way to get there and as soon as I got there, I went to the toilet.   Then I did the medical and the last thing was "OK, now I need you to provide a urine sample"   Not a chance.   I had emptied my bladder 20 mins before and I hadn't drunk anything significant in the last 2 hours.   So, I had to go and get a bottle of water and a mug of tea and hang around for nature to work on me.   Whilst I was waiting, a colleague of mine arrived for his medical and was heading straight to the toilet.  I stopped him and he asked why.   I explained that the only reason I was still there was because I was waiting to be able to pee.  He was very thankful that I had warned him.  Eventually I did manage to pee and the colleague came out of his medical and also went to pee.  We both took our samples back up to the docs room where he had told us to leave the labelled bottles on a little shelf outside.   My colleague remarked that his pee was much darker than mine and maybe he should be drinking a bit more.

• Love 1