Who’s this freak? Go on... ask?

A couple of questions for you Mr Goose, if that's OK.

First, if you had a pretty big budget, what car would you choose to drive for fun?

Second (and I've been reading your Hayley and Holly stories again) - you have a choice to watch either Hayley or Holly (but not both) pee in a scenario of your making. Which one do you choose?

Finally, do you have any lessons for us that life has taught you? (By way of an example, here's one from me: always take your jam tarts out of the patty tins within 20 seconds of taking them out of the oven, or if any jam has bubbled over the pastry edge they'll fuse like Araldite and you'll never get them out in one piece).

Thanks in advance 🙂 

9 minutes ago, Kupar said:

A couple of questions for you Mr Goose, if that's OK.

First, if you had a pretty big budget, what car would you choose to drive for fun?

Second (and I've been reading your Hayley and Holly stories again) - you have a choice to watch either Hayley or Holly (but not both) pee in a scenario of your making. Which one do you choose?

Finally, do you have any lessons for us that life has taught you? (By way of an example, here's one from me: always take your jam tarts out of the patty tins within 20 seconds of taking them out of the oven, or if any jam has bubbled over the pastry edge they'll fuse like Araldite and you'll never get them out in one piece).

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Oooh great questions.

1)   That would I think be an original Ford GT40 in Gulf colours.  Glad you gave me a big budget.  I've got a definite thing for late '60s motorsport and the GT40 sort of epitomises that. Second to that would be one of its competitors, the Ferrari 250GT Breadvan, I saw one being raced at Silverstone earlier this year and it sounded amazing.

2)   I'm going to go with Holly on that one.  Don't get me wrong, in real life I'd fancy the pants off Hayley especially in a pee scenario, she's incredibly cute and I have it on good authority she has the most perfect shaved slit going on these days. But you asked about a pee scenario and if anyone is an expert it's Holly.  I mean, if you go for a haircut do you want the stunningly pretty junior to do it or the senior stylist with years of experience.  And Holly of course has the best of both - not bad looking, some curves, still looks great in a school gym skirt, but when it comes to naughty pee she's the one.

3)  I'm going to combine a few lessons all into one here - firstly realising that something you're given (whether it be a position of authority for example) is a privilege and not a right. And also a management theory snippet I was told about on a course a long time ago... The Integrity Bank: When dealing with someone new they generally have nothing to assess you on, other than maybe appearance. As you and they interact, positive things you do, say (even non-verbal communication) all create a picture in their mind of how they trust you. What level of integrity they see in you.  The aim of course to be the best possible person. So the integrity bank is perhaps a measure of how much kudos they give you.  "I want something... Go see Goose, he's the best for that"  sort of thing.  It also allows you to redeem yourself though, if you have to do something out of character.

Key example on Monday...  was photographing an event and had been told by the event organisers (my employer in this case) that I was the only one with roof access... a right or a privilege?  There were a couple of other photographers who'd assumed they had the right, had already pestered the staff and been denied. Things were a little fraught, the hotel staff were all rushed off their feet and the standard answer 'I can't say myself - you need to speak to...'.   One of the people wanting access wasn't even an 'official' photographer. At one point I had to tell them bluntly to butt out, if anyone was getting access it was me not her - and because of the integrity we have for each other we're still friends.

Now after I'd spoken to maybe half a dozen staff, finally I spotted a member of staff who's body language, clothing and general air gave the impression she might be the hotel's duty manager.  It would have been so easy to launch all my frustrations at her.  Instead though I politely asked if she may be able to help me.  Two minutes later I was on the roof - the only person allowed there was me due to building work.  An incredible privilege and by no means my right.   (And yes I managed to deliver the results!)

Hope that long-winded rambling answer helps.   What a strange and odd place the mind of the Goose is.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

What a strange and odd place the mind of the Goose is.

Well ... maybe. But I like it 🙂

Thanks for the answers - revealing and interesting thanks. I think I will ask Hayley to accompany me for a little pee fun somewhere, then, if that's all the same to you. We can compare notes later 🙂 

1 minute ago, Kupar said:

Well ... maybe. But I like it 🙂

Thanks for the answers - revealing and interesting thanks. I think I will ask Hayley to accompany me for a little pee fun somewhere, then, if that's all the same to you. We can compare notes later 🙂 

Double date night?

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

I took a look through and didn't see the answer (unless I missed it lol). But what is the story behind your username? Why geese? 

Also, I keep forgetting that it is "golden wet goose" and not "golden goose" lol.

I answered two questions in one just above there @Bacardi so first of all your 144 question and then Sophie’s mermaid one too  

And about the username - Gldenwetgoose…  There’s an element of a geographical link in there but very (hopefully) subtly. Mostly though it’s just a bit of nonsense around ‘the goose that layed the golden egg’ where of course I’m obsessed with golden fun.

Finally if you’re wondering about ‘golden…’ and not ‘golden’ it’s very simple.  A pure typo when signing up  

So now you know….  😉

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

What would you do if you woke up one day and you were the size of godzilla? 

Another interesting question…. I wish I had the imagination to thing of such ‘out there’ questions.

I woke up the size of Godzilla - I guess firstly I’d try to avoid stepping on any ants (ref your other question) or for that matter stepping on any humans.

Then I guess I’d enjoy the perspective- viewing life from a higher angle a bit like an aerial photograph.  Seeing landscapes and cityscapes from a different angle.

I guess I’d better be careful when taking a pee too - not wanting to wash away any villages or create any landslides.

By the way - you know why Godzilla is so angry all the time…?  (It’s because his arms are too short to masturbate). 

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, benjamin dover said:

Hi Goose. Going way back to one of your earlier answers. What about a Shelby Cobra 427SC or a Ferrari 250GTO?

Cheers @benjamin dover - both are great cars.

I responded to the original question along the lines that the one car I'd like to own is the GT40.  And although the Cobra has a similar heritage, for me it's not quite 'the' car.

The GT40 has always struck me as the iconic 24 Hours of Le Man car.  And sadly, the Cobra has stuck in my mind more as an American muscle car.  An exceptional one, just not quite in the same category as the GT40 (and I know that isn't really a true perception given Carol Shelby's race successes, just perception bias I'm afraid).

The Ferrari though is much more of a close decision against the GT40.  The Ferrari is a very, very beautiful car and on the track sounds like an angel singing.   The head should probably choose the Ferrari, but my childhood idol is stuck in my heart.  The Ford GT40.

• Agree 1
14 hours ago, Sophie said:

If you could only have one camera lens, what would it be? 

Good question- and you mean I can’t have my Nikon ‘holy trinity’ as they’re called ? The family of three f2.8 pro lens’ of choice?

497229B9-63FF-457D-9998-1F81F4DF1B43.thumb.jpeg.8207a5bc8ced58f83255d242e5fa8bcf.jpeg

Being practical, like if I’m taking a camera body out rather than just my phone then it’s probably going to be my 24-70/f2.8 for practicality (that’s the middle choice of the trinity).  

Depending on the task of course - last weekend the 70-200 was the one lens of choice, if it’s my favourite music venue then it’s going to be the 14-24.

But I’m guessing that maybe you’d think a zoom to be cheating, and I’m waffling on too. 

So - one lens.  It’s probably going to be the Nikon 35/1.2.  An old school prime lens with a nice wide aperture for shallow depth of field when required and good low light capability. And wider angle of view than the 50mm (which is great for portraits but a bit narrow for some other genres).  There’s various versions including the newer autofocus variants which would probably be the sensible choice…. But I do like the older metal bodied version. 
EF8C95AD-EF73-496D-9B82-565E6C5964D2.thumb.jpeg.7599831edb6973c62d4ceb56fef59502.jpeg

It’s a manual focus lens too, so it’ll work perfectly from the 1960’s ‘F’ body and right up through the full range of D series which use the common F mount. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Hey Goose idk where else to put this since I cannot create group messages, so I'll try my best to phrase it as a question. 

Have you ever had a dream about other forum members?

Last night I woke up in the middle of a dream about me and @pguy2981 living in an apartment together that apparently you owned. Him and I were peeing together, but then @Kupar popped up out of nowhere to tell me (specifically me!) not to pee on the floor anymore, because you owned the place and you were selling it soon. 

What does it mean!? And I absolutely love that people from the site show up in my dreams. It shows how much of an impact you guys make on me, and I guess I just wanna know if it's ever happened to you as well.

• Love 2

That's a very good question @Bacardi - I'm pretty sure it has happened, thing is I can't remember any specifics of which members and in exactly which circumstances.  I know obviously it would be the members I interact with the most so there's a high likelihood that present company may not be too far from my dreams at all.

As far as your dream, my apartment with the floors to be peed on...  not so far from reality there to be honest.  😉

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bacardi said:

then @Kupar popped up out of nowhere to tell me (specifically me!) not to pee on the floor anymore, because you owned the place and you were selling it soon.

Hahaha! The voice of reason. That's my role. I accept it. I'm just privileged to appear in your dreams @Bacardi xxx 

• Haha 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bacardi said:

Okay Jiminy Cricket! 

Although I specifically remember not taking your advice and still peeing in the corner.

Is that the corner of my apartment with the hidden HD camera?  (You may now be asking yourself - I already know the answer of course). 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Is that the corner of my apartment with the hidden HD camera?  (You may now be asking yourself - I already know the answer of course). 

So you're telling me you have the power to record my dreams? I bet you see some weird shit in my head lol.

• Love 4