Confessions

Riley

I thought it would be interesting to make a thread where we share weird facts about ourselves or experiences we have had. I'll go first.

I first got the idea to make this thread when I saw @gldenwetgoose thread on summer clothes and was going to respond there but ended up making s thread here.

My first weird confession:

I am bringing very quickly in the sunlight due to my very pale skin but am also allergic to a lot of the sunscreen brands on the market and others just don't really work. 

One time I went hiking with a few friends and it was cloudy when we started and wasn't supposed to become sunny but it very quickly did. I decided to use my friends sunscreen because it didn't have any ingredients that I thought I would react to. When I put it on however I very quickly felt my skin rashing over and had to take a weird half shower in a sink in a kind of washroom😂😬

Also because I literally can't tan at all I'm very pale and my friends all say that I'm secretly a vampire.

Thanks for reading and I hop. You all have confessions or weird experiences/facts to share below!

• Like 1

Used to have the weird habit of avoiding to switch off the TV when only one person was on screen. I don't know why. As a kid i used to feel sorry for those and in case their souls were trapped in this thing i tried to ensure they have company at least or something. When i failed i'd switch it on again for a second try. 🙄

Edited by Remi
  • Like 1

Happy I could be an inspiration @Riley  ;-) 

Ok - I'd better oblige with a confession - very recent, just this weekend and no idea how I got away with this...

Saturday evening I went to my local pub, which I don't do too often - usually just if there's something on like a birthday, which there was this time. As it happened there weren't really too many people in I knew, so I decided to have one pint and head home. Just as I was about to leave I bumped into a couple of drinking buddies outside where they'd been whilst I'd been inside on my own.

So my one pint turned into quite a few more, followed by a couple of shorts - I was feeling fine until all of a sudden they hit me, and I came over very tired. I said my goodbyes and staggered home. I was very conscious of where I was, what I was doing, but was very drunk - zig zagging down the street, stopping for a pee by a bush. I guess it wasn't too long after midnight when I crept in the house, sat downstairs for a while, browsing Peefans on my phone whilst trying to see straight. Then I undressed and crept into bed, crashing out.

The next thing I knew I got up for a pee and realised it was about 5:30am and light. It was only when I got in the bathroom I realised my boxers were absolutely soaked - or at least half of them were - right around one leg from top to bottom and from bum crack around to the fly on the front.  Worse than that, in the bed was the two foot diameter wet patch I'd left behind.  I don't know how long ago I'd wet the bed, whether it was just then and I'd woken myself up, or sometime earlier. Either way I'd been completely oblivious to it happening. It wasn't like it was an erotic thing, I was literally obviously comatose and completely unaware.

The problem was, what to do...   In the end I just ended up covering it up with the quilt - I couldn't get back into bed, so sat on the computer for a while. Once the rest of the household were up I stripped the bed, sheets and mattress topper - using the excuse of a lovely sunny day to do some laundry and air the bedding outside.

Somehow I seem to have got away with it.... but earned a definite lesson on when to call it quits.  It definitely could have ended differently!!!

So there you are - my confession...

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I were at a function for the local zoo which was in walking distance of our home. We knew the owners well and drank with them into to wee hours until I couldn't see straight. I hadn't been that drunk in years, so my wife helped me walk up the hill to our house. I'm sure I used the bathroom before bed as I always do, went to bed and slept about 8 hours. When I got up, my half of the bed was completely soaked, as I was. Fortunaely/unfortunately we were both off that day. I stripped the bed, put down towels to soak up any moisture and made the bed, throwing the wet sheets in the wash. If she noticed, she never said anything.

Btw,  I've been single for 2 years now and also have conversations with my dog! Lol

• Like 2