What's your favorite soup?

2prnot2p

I love soup.Β  Any others here love soup too?

I can't pick just one, but I like: Minestrone, Chicken Noodle, New England Style Clam Chowder, and Vegetable.Β  I even like to drink chicken and beef broth made from bouillon cubes.Β  Another one I love is Tomato and I put spicy herb croutons in it.Β  Yummy! πŸ˜‹

Edited by 2prnot2p
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

You know, you have a point there!

I like the Manhattan style clam chowder too.Β  That has a tomato base.Β  But New England style is my favorite of the 2.Β  I'd bet they aren't called by those names in Europe, but they are here in the states.Β  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

I like the Manhattan style clam chowder too.Β  That has a tomato base.Β  But New England style is my favorite of the 2.Β  I'd bet they aren't called by those names in Europe, but they are here in the states.Β  LOL!

Some dishes has Worldwide names… so I got it immediately ihihihihi

I ADORE east europe gulash

Definitely my favourite

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

My favourite is tomato soup.

For some reason, my body seems to crave it whenever I am feeling unwell. Maybe cos it is high in vitamin C?

I love breaking slices of bread into pieces and putting them into the soup, so that they become saturated with it and a part of it. Then I scoop the pieces up with my spoon and eat them along with the soup.

• Like 1

I prefer highly elaborated soups

Beside Gulash (one of my favourite foods at all) from Romany, also some secret recipes of Italy are great, like Zuppa de la SantΓ© ("The soup which is good for your health"), which includes meat and vegetables broth, actual meatballs made of various meats and cheeses, and baked vegetables turned into a grilled set of tender consistence

You mix it all together and put some roasted bread slices with garlic in the bottom of the plate, then you pour it all unto them

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, spywareonya said:

I prefer highly elaborated soups

Beside Gulash (one of my favourite foods at all) from Romany, also some secret recipes of Italy are great, like Zuppa de la SantΓ© ("The soup which is good for your health"), which includes meat and vegetables broth, actual meatballs made of various meats and cheeses, and baked vegetables turned into a grilled set of tender consistence

You mix it all together and put some roasted bread slices with garlic in the bottom of the plate, then you pour it all unto them

That sounds deliciousΒ 

• Agree 1
  • Hot 1
3 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

I never tried the soup version

How's it cooked?

I cut chicken breast into small bite sized pieces, and season with salt and pepper and cook them with fresh garlic in a frying pan. Once cooked set aside.Β 

In a soup pot add your broth, carrots, celery and what ever other vegetables you like. I use egg noodles or spaghetti, again what ever other noodle you prefer is good as well. I add seasonings like basil, rosemary, and thyme. Bring it all to a boil and simmer. I add the chicken back in and simmer for awhile Haha

That's my version but substitute other veggies and seasonings as you see fit. I always add onions as well hahaha

• Love 2
1 hour ago, speedy3471 said:

I cut chicken breast into small bite sized pieces, and season with salt and pepper and cook them with fresh garlic in a frying pan. Once cooked set aside.Β 

In a soup pot add your broth, carrots, celery and what ever other vegetables you like. I use egg noodles or spaghetti, again what ever other noodle you prefer is good as well. I add seasonings like basil, rosemary, and thyme. Bring it all to a boil and simmer. I add the chicken back in and simmer for awhile Haha

That's my version but substitute other veggies and seasonings as you see fit. I always add onions as well hahaha

So you cook spaghetti in the actual broth, NOT aside in simple water?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

Yes in the broth. I know the pasta purists are going nuts hahahahaha

Not necessarily

TRUE purists used to cook them in the broth to save time during WW2

I was just unsure because pasta frees amids during the cooking process and usually they must be discarded

Maybe I could just take it a minute in hot water and then pass it in the broth!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
Just now, spywareonya said:

Not necessarily

TRUE purists used to cook them in the broth to save time during WW2

I was just unsure because pasta frees amids during the cooking process and usually they must be discarded

Maybe I could just take it a minute in hot water and then pass it in the broth!!!

That's a good idea. Egg noodles are more forgiving that spaghetti. They dont tend to come apart as easilyΒ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Will you stop it?Β  You're making me hungry!!!Β  LOL!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Here's a little trivia for you.Β  Doctors now say that chicken soup is good for colds and flu.Β  They seem to think that it has anti-inflammatory properties.Β  I asked my doc when I saw him 2 weeks ago and he said it's true.Β  Cool, eh?Β 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
9 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

Here's a little trivia for you.Β  Doctors now say that chicken soup is good for colds and flu.Β  They seem to think that it has anti-inflammatory properties.Β  I asked my doc when I saw him 2 weeks ago and he said it's true.Β  Cool, eh?Β 

I've heard that. I never thought to ask my doctor haha

• Like 1