Desperate women forced to relieve themselves in a men's URINAL after a big day at the Melbourne Cup (NEWS)

14 minutes ago, Admin said:

Finally the Daily Mail reporting on something worthwhile

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is "good journalism" indeed!!!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Love 1

To be honest, the days of newspapers sending out a reported and photographer are long gone. 

Yes, they’ll have photographers - or more likely use photos from freelance ‘togs for the big stuff, but a story like this is more likely they’ve ‘researched’ the story on Facebook and used someone’s snap as their scoop. 

Now that everyone has a cameraphone the professional photographer is a dying breed. 

Still, personal grumpiness aside - at least we get to see the story in the press. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

To be honest, the days of newspapers sending out a reported and photographer are long gone. 

Yes, they’ll have photographers - or more likely use photos from freelance ‘togs for the big stuff, but a story like this is more likely they’ve ‘researched’ the story on Facebook and used someone’s snap as their scoop. 

Now that everyone has a cameraphone the professional photographer is a dying breed. 

Still, personal grumpiness aside - at least we get to see the story in the press. 

I totally agree. Everyone of us has a phone with a camera in it, just got to look at social media and there's your story

The professional photographer/journalist is a dying profession 

I remember seeing this when it was first posted back in November. I love the way they lean their hands on the urinal back and have their glasses and bottle by their feet.  I see that a lot of the comments weren’t so impressed with them leaning on the urinal back. 

We attend the Melbourne Cup almost every year,, and it's a sight to behold, upwards of 100,000 people getting into it just for the hell of it. Maigh (and Mary, when she was here) both walked about the lawn areas and tinkled where they went, long ball gown type dresses work well for this. Trying to get into a toilet was a joke, for anyone, I'm truly surprised that the grass and several kilometres of rose bushes haven't died because of too much salt content. 

There isn't a lot of drunken brawling inside the course, you can find that in the carpark. People are usually behaved, probably too drunk to start anything, lol.

Public transport also gets into the news, the state of train carriages has to be seen to be believed. People stand for the 20 minute ride to the city, and just splatter where they stand, guys just kind of face the door, pull things out and just go for it. The floor of these things is awash with pee (and other bodily fluids), it's horrible, they get hosed out after every trip, then put back into service again. 

Experiencing this entire carnival is impressive, the people, the music, the party atmosphere, it's something to witness live, but you can also see the bad side of some people. Something that people don't want to remember. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
17 hours ago, Scot_Lover said:

We attend the Melbourne Cup almost every year,, and it's a sight to behold, upwards of 100,000 people getting into it just for the hell of it. Maigh (and Mary, when she was here) both walked about the lawn areas and tinkled where they went, long ball gown type dresses work well for this. Trying to get into a toilet was a joke, for anyone, I'm truly surprised that the grass and several kilometres of rose bushes haven't died because of too much salt content. 

There isn't a lot of drunken brawling inside the course, you can find that in the carpark. People are usually behaved, probably too drunk to start anything, lol.

Public transport also gets into the news, the state of train carriages has to be seen to be believed. People stand for the 20 minute ride to the city, and just splatter where they stand, guys just kind of face the door, pull things out and just go for it. The floor of these things is awash with pee (and other bodily fluids), it's horrible, they get hosed out after every trip, then put back into service again. 

Experiencing this entire carnival is impressive, the people, the music, the party atmosphere, it's something to witness live, but you can also see the bad side of some people. Something that people don't want to remember. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow looks like a fun time haha. I've never been to a event where there has been that many people before.