100 Days Celebration

Just a quick notice to let you all know that in 2 weeks time, the forum will have been online for a grand total of 100 days. As you would expect, this is going to be celebrated with yet more giveaways and competitions - but this time bigger and better than ever before.

More details will follow shortly, but please be sure to visit the forum regularly around that period so you don't miss out. I'm hopeful my laptop will be completely fixed by then, allowing me to add some new exciting features to the forum I've been wanting to introduce for a while.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to contribute to the forum. We're continuing to grow and will very shortly be hitting the 10,000 post milestone. Having said that, we're always looking to expand further, so please don't forget to share the link to this site wherever possible.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

We've now passed 100 days since the site first opened and I'm delighted to see the site is still growing day by day.

Expect a big event to celebrate within the next week or so. :)

Admin you made a slight error in the year of the date . This website was created . I believe it should read

12 / 22 / 2013

Not 12 / 22 2003 :meh:

Oops, you're right, fixed. Although hopefully anyone who saw it realised I must've meant 2013 not 2003 if the forum has only been open 100 days! Just so we're clear, it's actually 22/12/2013. So either there's an error in your correction of my error, or you're from America? :tongue:

Oops, you're right, fixed. Although hopefully anyone who saw it realised I must've meant 2013 not 2003 if the forum has only been open 100 days! Just so we're clear, it's actually 22/12/2013. So either there's an error in your correction of my error, or you're from America? :tongue:

Oh these Americans have no understanding of correct usage. Many times I have had to point the error of her ways out to Angelgirl regarding correct spellings and such like :laugh:

You British are something else ! no wonder you no longer are in the United States LOL

Ah, but we British at least know the correct spellings for words like "labour". Ask Angelgirl! :laugh:

Hey Steve, before you go calling me out on things, how about we bring up our little discussion on why you British call the back end of your cars the boot? Because clearly, a boot is something you wear on your feet (this both Americans and British agree on) and a trunk is something you store things in (this we both agree on as well). Therefore, by calling your TRUNKS of your cars boots, are you suggesting you wear the back end of your cars on your feet? Or do you store things in them as one would with a wooden trunk for clothing or blankets?

And here, I rest my case.

*Note for everyone else... Steve conceded to my point here when we discussed this a while back, and that victory was all I ever needed to make me happy in the American versus British differences.*

*Note for everyone else... Steve conceded to my point here when we discussed this a while back, and that victory was all I ever needed to make me happy in the American versus British differences.*

Ah yes, but then there was the tap versus faucet argument, in which you had to concede that tap is shorter, easier to say, and quicker to both write and type.

Also, on this side of the pond you could offer some fags around without risking a smack in the mouth. :laugh:

Final score

America 1 Britain 0

You sure about that final score? What about that little episode in 1814 when the Brits stormed into Washington, your President skedaddled in such haste that our soldiers tucked into a table full of freshly prepared luscious food with meat still roasting on spits, and the Whitehouse - and Congress too - was set on fire.

Don't recall you guys ever being able to get away with doing that to Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament! :laugh:

Take a read of this. Makes for very entertaining reading......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2414528/War-1812-Special-relationship-Britain-burned-White-House-stole-Presidents-clothes.html

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

America 1 Britain 1 , perhaps?

Though who had won that war of 1812 - 1814 . When we finally threw what brits there were here . Back over across the pond . Drom where they had coe from . Plus the 2 World Wars . We Americans Helped fight in to save your asses from being over run by the Germans Had we not come to your aide at defeating that enemy . You Brits couldn't do on your own !

Yeah, but if it wasn't for a load of Brits setting up the 13 colonies - supported by the British government - the USA could never have come into existence in the first place.

Another interesting little fact. The only modern war that the USA has ever lost - Vietnam - happens to be the only one where you didn't have us helping out! Interesting, hmmmmm? :laugh:

The colonies were established by the British . Though , they were made up of people that were fed up with how the British government was being over powering in it's greed and it's view in religion .

We could go back and forth on this issue . Though what's the importance of arguing over it . Both countries have helped each other to strive to better each other . In being friends . not enemies wanting to boost over who's better . We both are better in being who we are ans not fighting one another . Can We both call a Truce to this matter ?

This is only light-hearted banter, said with tongue in cheek and a grin on one's face. I'm just having a laugh. No need to take it so seriously, Kevin! :)