GIF Button

You'll notice that in bar above the textbox you type in, there's now a little GIF icon, similar to what you'd find using Facebook messenger (yes, this is a small attempt to keep the forum 'modern'). 😂

A very minor addition, but one that I thought worth pointing out as easily missed, and can actually be a fun way of livening up a post or message! Feel free to ignore if you're not a fan of GIFs, but also feel free to add some animation to your posts if you fancy... 😉 

what do you think seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers 

excited james woods GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Admin

I recognized more or less all of them (the one of the girl saying she wasn't waiting for a park or restaurant is a great video where she pees for real and get fined by cops) but the Hades one from Disney's Hercules

is the work of a GENIUS

aHAHAHAHAHAH thank you!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, spywareonya said:

@Admin

I recognized more or less all of them (the one of the girl saying she wasn't waiting for a park or restaurant is a great video where she pees for real and get fined by cops) but the Hades one from Disney's Hercules

is the work of a GENIUS

aHAHAHAHAHAH thank you!!!!

youre welcome thank you GIF by PlayStation

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

is the function still there? i don't see one.

also, idk, i take a lot of "live" pix, but they never seem to work on here. do i need to do something more than just use the 1B73CCF5-7C15-49B5-815D-290151B7F967.jpeg.0144e27d4bcf6c68251f0ca22fd61efc.jpegbutton?

2 hours ago, puddyls said:

also, idk, i take a lot of "live" pix, but they never seem to work on here. do i need to do something more than just use the 1B73CCF5-7C15-49B5-815D-290151B7F967.jpeg.0144e27d4bcf6c68251f0ca22fd61efc.jpegbutton?

I have added gif files and it works for me with the 'add files' button, but the filename will need to end .gif and the size must be less than 5MB. 

2 hours ago, puddyls said:

Hi @puddyls - yes, an image file which is in the 'GIF' format can be loaded with the Add Files option in a post.

But (at least on my Apple phone) even with Live Images, it's only the still image that loads on the site (when it's not larger than the 5MB post limit).   Guess we need some app to save as GIF or to string together a sequence of stills...   No something I've looked into so far.

5 hours ago, puddyls said:

i take a lot of "live" pix, but they never seem to work on here.

Hi @puddlys 

I do a lot of front end web development and a little back end development ( in many ways I prefer the back end but that's nothing to do with my work :P ) but anyway "live" is an Apple concept, so it's probably not going to be handled in many places on the internet, which uses formats like gif, jpg, and png, since they aren't owned by any company. 

Similar to what someone suggested earlier, it would probably be possible to pull the images out, line them up, and resave them as gifs, but it's a lot of programming effort for something that won't pay off financially.  Perhaps there's an open source tool available, I'm not certain.  

If you record using video instead of live, any of the sites used here (like eroprofile) should handle the videos without any problems. 

Edited by Peevert
53 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Hi @puddyls - yes, an image file which is in the 'GIF' format can be loaded with the Add Files option in a post.

But (at least on my Apple phone) even with Live Images, it's only the still image that loads on the site (when it's not larger than the 5MB post limit).   Guess we need some app to save as GIF or to string together a sequence of stills...   No something I've looked into so far.

The app I use for this is imgplay: https://imgplay.net though I usually edit from a movie rather than a live photo

Edited by oliver2