A nice mansion.

2prnot2p

I thought I'd share some pics of Henry Ford's house, Fair Lane, in my town.  It's about 2.5 miles from my residence.  Mr. Ford died in the house in 1947.  It's not nearly as posh as what he could have afforded, but is still pretty impressive at 31,000 square feet with 65 rooms.  Frank Lloyd Wright was one of the architects who designed the home.  I've been there many times and there are tours offered.  I once played a gig there with the band I ran.  The grounds it occupies are beautiful too.  I hope you enjoy the pics.

Ballroom.jpg

Grand Stairway.jpg

Overhead View.jpg

Patio.jpg

Rapids.jpg

Rear Side.jpg

Waterfall.jpg

West Side with Patio.jpg

Edited by 2prnot2p
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

I thought I'd share some pics of Henry Ford's house, Fair Lane, in my town.  It's about 2.5 miles from my residence.  Mr. Ford died in the house in 1947.  It's not nearly as posh as what he could have afforded, but is still pretty impressive at 31,000 square feet with 65 rooms.  Frank Lloyd Wright was one of the architects who designed the home.  I've been there many times and there are tours offered.  I once played a gig there with the band I ran.  The grounds it occupies are beautiful too.  I hope you enjoy the pics.

Ballroom.jpg

Grand Stairway.jpg

Overhead View.jpg

Patio.jpg

Rapids.jpg

Rear Side.jpg

Waterfall.jpg

West Side with Patio.jpg

Oh wow thats quite a house, thanks for sharing. Is it on the market haha?

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

Hahahah. I bet. Hell think of the fun a person could have there

I would have roamed it looking at people through the Windows and cheer at them like "Oooooh, my people, work, work for me, Nancy the mighty and powerful" ahahahahahah

These are the moments where my anarchist soul conflicts with my feminine vainglory ahahahahahah

Edited by spywareonya
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, spywareonya said:

I would have roamed it looking at people through the Windows and cheer at them like "Oooooh, my people, work, work for me, Nancy the mighty and powerful" ahahahahahah

These are the moments where my anarchist soul conflicts with my feminine vainglory ahahahahahah

I was think more naughty fun hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Good one

I am lucky to be a Witch. We are both anarchist and hierarchic so I can be for freedom and also be vain and feel "superior" (in a playful stance obviously!!!) at the same time ahahahahahahaha

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

I am lucky to be a Witch. We are both anarchist and hierarchic so I can be for freedom and also be vain and feel "superior" (in a playful stance obviously!!!) at the same time ahahahahahahaha

I love it hahahaha

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

I love it hahahaha

Me too!!!

Playful arrogance is marvellous

Because real arrogance to me is absurd, I mean it is out of mind to believe that some people REALLY consider themselves better than other, I mean come on, hierarchy is one thing but real arrogance? Are we playing a game or what?!

And yet, living in a misunderstood russian regime "flat-ism" is destructive for the health of a happy soul!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, spywareonya said:

Me too!!!

Playful arrogance is marvellous

Because real arrogance to me is absurd, I mean it is out of mind to believe that some people REALLY consider themselves better than other, I mean come on, hierarchy is one thing but real arrogance? Are we playing a game or what?!

And yet, living in a misunderstood russian regime "flat-ism" is destructive for the health of a happy soul!!!

So many people think that they are better than everyone else. They honestly think that their shit doesn't stink. Its crazy haha

I do not think for a second that iam better than anyone else 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

So many people think that they are better than everyone else. They honestly think that their shit doesn't stink. Its crazy haha

I do not think for a second that iam better than anyone else 

That's why you are so manly

About the house, anyway, it looks magnificent

Only one reflection: how much would it COST to keep it warm during winter? Ahahahahahahah I bet Ford did not need to worry about such trifle things like money hahahahah

• Haha 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, spywareonya said:

That's why you are so manly

About the house, anyway, it looks magnificent

Only one reflection: how much would it COST to keep it warm during winter? Ahahahahahahah I bet Ford did not need to worry about such trifle things like money hahahahah

No iam betting he had lots of money 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, spywareonya said:

He was a complicated man

My opinions about him are too complex, I will keep them unto myself

But his house is GREAT

I don't know that much about him, other than he invented the assembly line

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

I don't know that much about him, other than he invented the assembly line

Sexual, fascinating, charismatic, and not necessarily uninterested in the wellbeing of his employees as many narrow-minded left-thinkers accuse him of

Yet nonetheless, he was a straightforward capitalist and I cannot look the other way, as somebody with such an economical and political power could and should have done much more for the outcasts and downthrodden

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Guest UnabashedUser
4 hours ago, spywareonya said:

Sexual, fascinating, charismatic, and not necessarily uninterested in the wellbeing of his employees as many narrow-minded left-thinkers accuse him of

Yet nonetheless, he was a straightforward capitalist and I cannot look the other way, as somebody with such an economical and political power could and should have done much more for the outcasts and downthrodden

"Ford Foundation Center for Social Justice. The Ford Foundation Center for Social Justice is a hub for social good and the courageous people who devote their lives to achieving it.

The Ford Foundation is an American private foundation with the mission of advancing human welfare. Created in 1936 by Edsel Ford and Henry Ford, it was originally funded by a US$25,000 gift from Edsel Ford. By 1947, after the death of the two founders, the foundation owned 90% of the non-voting shares of the Ford Motor Company. Between 1955 and 1974, the foundation sold its Ford Motor Company holdings and now plays no role in the automobile company."--quoted from the website

Not forgetting Henry's fondness of the Third Reich

Henry Ford receiving the Grand Cross of the German Eagle ..

henry_ford_grand_cross_1938.jpg

Henry Ford was the first American recipient of this order, an honor created in 1937 by Adolf Hitler. This was the highest honor Nazi Germany could give to any foreigner and represented Adolf Hitler’s personal admiration and indebtedness to Henry Ford.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@UnabashedUser

I could even forgive the nazi stuff, I'll tell you why

Back in those ages, the Nazi party was quite good at looking no different than any extreme-yet-not-world-threatening countries of the modern world. I mean, North Korea receives USA Ambassadors and they act serenely. They are a ruled by a dictator but still we can have normal relationship with that man. Hitler was good at looking no different before '39

Let's not forget Olympic Games which gathered people from all around the world

In 1937 nobody could know that first Exterminations Lagers were starting to be planned (though realized much later) and the fact that Nazi were expelling Jews wasn't that world rocking since nobody knew of the on-the-spot execution committed by SS

Even former Pope Ratzinger was part of Hitler's Iron Youth and though considerig myself an enemy of the Church, I still can show respect for my enemies and cannot accept law-level rebel bashing pics of him making the Roman Salute. In those times very few knew where Germany was going.

For the Fordfoundation, THAT is the core of my complicated opinion about him. He DID for others MUCH MORE than any other capitalist did, but behind closed doors, where you and I cannot have access, did he do all that he could, or just the 5% like offering some coins to a beggar?

Many claims the former, many the latter. This ambiguity led me to NOT hate him like I do with all other capitalists of this world. I respect personal endevour and enterprise but I cannot accept that there are some humans whose personal possessions (not his company, he him alone) grows of A BILLION PER MONTH and DO NOTHING for people while I could save the world from itself given the simple chance to appear on TV on day and speak my mind, yet no, not even that is granted to us pitiful mortals, while there are people possessin a personal bnak account of 10% the GDP of a NATION

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

Here's another Ford Fairlane.

I used to drive one just like this. 

1920px-1994_Ford_Fairlane_(NC_II)_Ghia_s

A beautiful car to drive, and very spacious,  but sadly it was really badly engineered.  It needed expensive mechanical repairs about once a month for the whole time I owned it.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, likesToLick said:

Here's another Ford Fairlane.

I used to drive one just like this. 

1920px-1994_Ford_Fairlane_(NC_II)_Ghia_s

A beautiful car to drive, and very spacious,  but sadly it was really badly engineered.  It needed expensive mechanical repairs about once a month for the whole time I owned it.

We have a saying here in Dearborn:

Ford stands for Fucked-up Old Rebuilt Dodge

LMAO! 🤣

• Haha 1
On 3/18/2019 at 6:40 PM, speedy3471 said:

Oh wow thats quite a house, thanks for sharing. Is it on the market haha?

It cost $4 million to build in 1915.  I have no clue what it would be worth in today's dollars.  Mrs. Ford willed it to the University of Michigan when she died.  So, they own it.  Otherwise, we'd never get to enjoy it.  She did the right thing!

• Like 2