Sympathy for New Zealand

2prnot2p

20 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

It won't go in vain. This shooter needed help, be it mental, physical or financial. He fell through the cracks of the system. This needs to change

In canada kids in elementary and high schools are not allowed to fail, be it a test or a grade. We hand out participation medals. We no longer hand out 1st, 2nd or third place medals, we mite hurt their feelings. The math curriculum has changed to rounding numbers. 2+2 equaled 4 when I went to school. Now it could be 3 or 5, ridiculous. When kids learn failure at a young age they learn from it, they study or practise harder. When a girl/boy breaks their hearts at 12 or 13 they learn to deal with it. Imagine a 17 or 18 year old high school graduate who has never known failure till university or their first job interview, they will be crushed and may act out. This NEEDS to change

This is awful

My blood froze while I was reading

20 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

Putting kids on meds to early in their young lives for being hyper has to affect their brain chemistry. This NEEDS to  change 

HOLY SHIT

NOW I understand your position better

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, spywareonya said:

This is awful

My blood froze while I was reading

HOLY SHIT

NOW I understand your position better

Ya its sad how kids are growing up here. No one likes to fail or no parent likes to see their kids fail, but guess what, that's life. The earlier kids learn this the better. I believe we are setting kids up for failure in later life doing this. When kids learn to have a good attitude coming in second or third place, they will learn to be great winners

As far as not being able to fail a kid on a math test or any school test for that matter is just silly. I mean what is this teaching them 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

Ya its sad how kids are growing up here. No one likes to fail or no parent likes to see their kids fail, but guess what, that's life. The earlier kids learn this the better. I believe we are setting kids up for failure in later life doing this. When kids learn to have a good attitude coming in second or third place, they will learn to be great winners

As far as not being able to fail a kid on a math test or any school test for that matter is just silly. I mean what is this teaching them 

Your analisys is deep

I agree Whole heartedly

I hope we all learn to avoid for it to get under their skin

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

One day we will rise under one flag

In my dreams I will be the pivot

But I would be happy to simply be part of it

As would I. I do look forward to rising up under one flag one day as well

• Love 1
12 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

O wow, I haven't looked at my stats in awhile 

They are growing quickly

Anyway, this kind of thread should avoid any kind of off topic so I won't modify its course not even by chance

I am still amazed at what happened, this guy was armed for a war, and all under their noses

It's a bit absurd

I am a Witch and do not despise violence in itself, but this use of it… it's Beyond human

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, spywareonya said:

They are growing quickly

Anyway, this kind of thread should avoid any kind of off topic so I won't modify its course not even by chance

I am still amazed at what happened, this guy was armed for a war, and all under their noses

It's a bit absurd

I am a Witch and do not despise violence in itself, but this use of it… it's Beyond human

That's why iam convinced gun control does not work. If a person is determined enough they will find away to get guns, no matter how strict gun control laws are

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

That's why iam convinced gun control does not work. If a person is determined enough they will find away to get guns, no matter how strict gun control laws are

What people pro-gun control hope, is at least to make them less available for petty crimes like domestic violence or teenage/employement/infidelity Revenge

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

What people pro-gun control hope, is at least to make them less available for petty crimes like domestic violence or teenage/employement/infidelity Revenge

That's what I hope. I anti gun crowd thinks criminals won't get ahold of them, that's just silly talk. Criminals will always find a way to get weapons 

• Agree 1
7 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

That's what I hope. I anti gun crowd thinks criminals won't get ahold of them, that's just silly talk. Criminals will always find a way to get weapons 

True criminals will, it's real

They are different from angry people

I can understand the desire to be an enemy of the State

But you must also care for the people you hurt

Some criminals are renegades

Most of them are just scumbags

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

True criminals will, it's real

They are different from angry people

I can understand the desire to be an enemy of the State

But you must also care for the people you hurt

Some criminals are renegades

Most of them are just scumbags

Most are terrible scumbags

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

It's incredible to me that some persons really can hurt somebody else unless it is a during a war for an ideal

I have never and will likey never understand why anyone does these things so anyone else. Same with animal abuse, I can't stand people who abuse animals

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, speedy3471 said:

I have never and will likey never understand why anyone does these things so anyone else. Same with animal abuse, I can't stand people who abuse animals

Damaged hearts damages things

I have mercy in my heart

But I absolutely reject the actions

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

New Zealand did not have strict gun control laws.  It will now.

• Agree 2
11 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Their gun laws are stricter than ours on Canada in a way.

I did see on the news that theirs will be getting more strict 

Today. They banned many of them. Maybe banning the heaviest ones will make them a little less available

• Agree 1
  • Love 1