A Change in Mindset

All the time growing up we have it drummed into us that "you must not wet yourself" whatever you you don't have an "accident" and the worst thing that can happen it to be stuck somewhere needing a pee.  The training becomes completely ingrained and as we get older many worry more about not making it to a loo, I've convinced myself in the past that I'll never make that car journey or finish that walk without having an accident and panic sets in making it worse.   But now I've noticed that because I actually don't care what people think and actually like a little wetting, the panic never sets in and I can actually go much longer before I'm anywhere near peeing.  

I'm sure most of the discomfort and worry must have just been a mindset, which fortunately has changed for the better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mickymoist said:

All the time growing up we have it drummed into us that "you must not wet yourself" whatever you you don't have an "accident" and the worst thing that can happen it to be stuck somewhere needing a pee.  The training becomes completely ingrained and as we get older many worry more about not making it to a loo, I've convinced myself in the past that I'll never make that car journey or finish that walk without having an accident and panic sets in making it worse.   But now I've noticed that because I actually don't care what people think and actually like a little wetting, the panic never sets in and I can actually go much longer before I'm anywhere near peeing.  

I'm sure most of the discomfort and worry must have just been a mindset, which fortunately has changed for the better.

What you maybe ignore, is that what you just wrote is the key we Witches use in psychology to overturn modern mindsets

You are right 156% boy

If you dare stop fearing something, the problem may be real, but panic rarely sets in, or it does in a much lesser and more "talkative" way

Kudos to you

a kiss

• Like 2
  • Love 2

It's amazing how much easier life becomes when we stop caring so much about what other people think of us.

If someone doesn't like me or the things I do I don't lose sleep over it, who cares what they think. Make your self happy and great things will follow

• Agree 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

It's amazing how much easier life becomes when we stop caring so much about what other people think of us.

If someone doesn't like me or the things I do I don't lose sleep over it, who cares what they think. Make your self happy and great things will follow

My mom, who died in 2003, taught me this at a very young age.  It is the best philosophy by which to live.  "Be kind, honest, forgiving, but most of all...care what YOU think of yourself, Billy.  Because there will always be those who don't like you.  Those people really don't like themselves, deep down."  I can still hear her saying that to me as a small child.  She was a wonderful person, my mom. 

Well put, Speedy!  Very well done. 🙂

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

My mom, who died in 2003, taught me this at a very young age.  It is the best philosophy by which to live.  "Be kind, honest, forgiving, but most of all...care what YOU think of yourself, Billy.  Because there will always be those who don't like you.  Those people really don't like themselves, deep down."  I can still hear her saying that to me as a small child.  She was a wonderful person, my mom. 

Your mom said it way better than I did. 😀

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:56 AM, 2prnot2p said:

Your mom was strong as fuck

Much Kudos to her for what she was, and for the fact she made you, body and soul

(Not wanna offend you in case you are fine with stern atheistc beliefs, but I can swear to you, life doesn't end with physical demise)

You have all our respect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:56 AM, speedy3471 said:

Your mom said it way better than I did. 😀

You can actually feel the charisma of her adfirmation

Our pal here got really strong roots, he's a spring from a mighty tree

• Agree 1
  • Love 1