Are some members invisible?

The reason I ask that is that I often see more members listed as being present than names listed. For example, currently only Admin and myself are the only names online, but the site also says that three members are currently online. I know that on other forums mods can choose to be invisible in this way, but can anyone do that here?

Im not sure why people choose to stay "hidden" but as in most sites I guess there will always be lurkers

I don't really see the point either. I could understand a desire to be invisible in a real time chatroom - either to perv on the naughty conversations of others, or simply to see if you are being talked about behind your back. When it comes to posting on forums it serves no useful purpose, because it is all visible permanently anyway. It only makes sense for someone who wants to observe but not post, or wants to send a private message without it being known he is here.

As we are all pretty much anonymous here anyway I dont see the point atall, I rarely log out of any forum when I leave I just turn off my pc

Me too, actually. It is just more convenient to be automatically logged in to every forum I click onto.....until my browser crashes that is which logs me out of all my forums automatically.

and then you have to try and remember all your different passwords......nightmare:eek:

I have about half a dozen different ones. Trying to figure out which one works for which forum can be a process of trial and error sometimes.

There are plenty of Password Manager programs - personally I use RoboForm. It remembers all my passwords and various other data, then I can press on one button and have forms filled automatically, or sites logged into automatically.

If I want, I can have a password for that, so I still keep secure - but only remember the one... Also works on my iPhone...

Can't recommend that enough - but I understand it isn't for everyone...

• Like 1