Which console?

F.W

I think on here we have a few gamers.

Video games have actually been around for about 30 years now,probably starting with the Atari "Tennis".Two blocks either side of the screen you moved to deflect a square into each others net...

Since then,games have become sophisticated,and a multi billion industry.Some games now make more money than movies.

I think now with PS4 and Xbox ONE we are in the 7th generation.

I started with what was Coleco vision when a lad about early 80s.

Then Spectrum ZX 48 (if i remember)

Then the first true game console,the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in USA).Also bought,the Mega-CD(which wasnt all that),AND the 32X adapter which was pretty good,it enabled you to play DOOM which was exclusively on PC at that time.DOOM still amazing.Better as 32 bit than any modern version.

Then i got Super Nintendo.

Nintendo 64,which was under supported,Goldeneye was a great game.

Then,i was one of the few Panasonic 3DO owners.Was a good console,but just not well supported.Also quite expensive.Best game,was "Theme Park".

Then came PS1.Really good games,which can hold up today 20 years on.

Then PS2.Great because you could play your PS1 games on it.

Then i switched to Microsoft,XBOX.Then XBOX 360.Great console,huge library.

Then PS4...which im disappointed with.The games are middling lately.

the first console i ever play was the Super Nintendo the game i played were super mario world Super Castlevania IV starwing {star fox} The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past The Addams Family the lost vikings 

then i got a NES loved super mario bros 3

first handheld i got was the gameboy one of the best games i played on it was pokemon Blue 

christmas 1997 got a Nintendo 64 goldeneye super mario 64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time star wars shadow of the empire were great games

and then i got a playstation it was crash bandicoot 2 that made me want it 

and got a playstation 2 christmas 2001 and game cube christmas 2003 beacues The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

the reason i got a Xbox 360 beacues of Half-Life 2: The Orange Box i did not have a good PC back then 😁 and it got the RED RING OF DEATH

PlayStation 3 i want to play Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

i really enjoy playing on the nintendo Wii some good games i enjoy  and like

Wii U it was ok but i wish nintendo shoud of called it by a diffent name The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is a very good reamater 

PlayStation 4 and nintendo switch is the ones am currently using 

I owned an Atari VCS 2600 (anyone remember "Solaris"? quite advanced for it's time),

later an NES, (Super Mario! Super Mario 3! And of cause various Gradius and related Shooter games)

then a Sega Mega Drive  (Golden Axe was probably my favorite (not only because of the Box-Art), but I also like Thunder Force III very much)

and finally a SNES (again for Super Mario and various Shooter games), which was the last concole I owned.

Then I switched to PC, and never looked back.... I did not had the time, because I was busy telling pirates that they fought like a cow!

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, F.W said:

I think on here we have a few gamers.

Video games have actually been around for about 30 years now,probably starting with the Atari "Tennis".Two blocks either side of the screen you moved to deflect a square into each others net...

Since then,games have become sophisticated,and a multi billion industry.Some games now make more money than movies.

I think now with PS4 and Xbox ONE we are in the 7th generation.

I started with what was Coleco vision when a lad about early 80s.

Then Spectrum ZX 48 (if i remember)

Then the first true game console,the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in USA).Also bought,the Mega-CD(which wasnt all that),AND the 32X adapter which was pretty good,it enabled you to play DOOM which was exclusively on PC at that time.DOOM still amazing.Better as 32 bit than any modern version.

Then i got Super Nintendo.

Nintendo 64,which was under supported,Goldeneye was a great game.

Then,i was one of the few Panasonic 3DO owners.Was a good console,but just not well supported.Also quite expensive.Best game,was "Theme Park".

Then came PS1.Really good games,which can hold up today 20 years on.

Then PS2.Great because you could play your PS1 games on it.

Then i switched to Microsoft,XBOX.Then XBOX 360.Great console,huge library.

Then PS4...which im disappointed with.The games are middling lately.

I'd say ps3 was my favorite as I can play my ps2 and ps1 games over hdmi. I love my old SNES to ps2 era rpg games 

I used to be a bigger gamer than I am now. I play ps4, but with the way game companies are acting, and with the disappointing crap from console makers anymore, I don't see any point in putting any more money into it.

Sony dragged their feet with crossplay, and then offered it for 'select titles' only to make it seem like they're compromising when they're not. Plus the PS4's menus tend to be broken and unstable. Microsoft failed to impress me last generation with their crappy customer service, and red-ring failure rates with the 360's, and then further dropped the ball when XBone came around. Will not buy from them again. Nintendo's new peripherals for the switch, regardless of how I use them, feel awkward and even make my hands hurt to use them/it, so I won't be buying a switch (played a friend's previously).

This generation is just a big disappointment all around. Decent games, yes, but when it comes at the price of hearing studio employees insulting gamers, and their games becoming more about money schemes than the game itself, I just don't see why I should put money into those companies.

• Agree 1

I have an original PS4 (White), a PS4 pro with VR, a PS3, an Xbox One S, a mid range gaming laptop (Alienware luggable) and a high end desktop system that I built a while ago. There is a Wii tucked away somewhere, maybe in the other living room, it's not used.

I've always been a Sony person, from PS1 to the current versions, and manage to waste hours on it. 

Games im currently running are: Destiny 1 and 2, No Mans Sky, GT Sport, Project Cars and on VR: Tetris, Astobot, Tumble and  YouTube VR.

The only thing I buy is PS Plus credit for the online component.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Im an avid gamer and knew someone who worked in a well known video game store. For being so high in management he got basically every console for free and we shared them. I have one of everything, ps4, xb1, switch, and PC, but if I had to choose only one to play on it would be the Switch lol. Probably because Im a nintendo fangirl. I love Nintendo. 

I dont play on my xbox tho, Im a Playstation person.

• Like 1