How much?!

F.W

Have you ever paid way over the odds,for what is basically a mundane item?

Like a belt.Maybe because its "designer" it cost £200.What does "designer" mean anyway?You pay 10 times more for underpants because it has a name on it?

Like you hear of handbags,which you can buy for maybe £30,costing over £1000.Or Watches which you can buy reasonably for under £50,yet can be as much as a decent car,ive seen them at £25000.To me-ridiculous.It tells the time,big deal,its a "Rolex".So what?

Now i dont mean items like cookers,or washers,which are expensive anyway,but quite mundane things,that are normally inexpensive.

An example:I recently bought a new kettle.It was about £8,from a supermarket.A friend of mine paid about £40 for one because it matched her kitchen....Huh?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, F.W said:

Have you ever paid way over the odds,for what is basically a mundane item?

Like a belt.Maybe because its "designer" it cost £200.What does "designer" mean anyway?You pay 10 times more for underpants because it has a name on it?

Like you hear of handbags,which you can buy for maybe £30,costing over £1000.Or Watches which you can buy reasonably for under £50,yet can be as much as a decent car,ive seen them at £25000.To me-ridiculous.It tells the time,big deal,its a "Rolex".So what?

Now i dont mean items like cookers,or washers,which are expensive anyway,but quite mundane things,that are normally inexpensive.

An example:I recently bought a new kettle.It was about £8,from a supermarket.A friend of mine paid about £40 for one because it matched her kitchen....Huh?

As for my political inclinations, I am largely against all of that

In the case of things like this situation:

6 hours ago, Sophie said:

While with watches you do pay for the brand, you can't compare a £50 fashion watch with a £500 Seiko or £5000 Omega. The quality is vastly different. 

THEN I can dig that price.

But not the "registered mark", it's actually what I am deeply against, as I studied extensively the matter with people thrice my age and one hundred times my knowledge on the subject, and I came to the conclusion that there are portions of the capitalistic mindset which can stimulate competition and improvement… and there are Others, that just warp the natural increase of Inflation

I usually delegate Alex (who adores all this kind of stuff, it stimulates his lighter side, and he is good at it) to find cheap yet absolutely trustworthy item. I am quite good at that too, but I have little time as I work a lot!!!

• Love 1