Tired of winter

speedy3471

4 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

But, wouldn't it be a fun challenge?  To see if you and I could stand it with our warmest gear?  I saw one short clip of a guy from England bundling up and going outside there.  He lasted 20 minutes before going back to the hotel.  He had a camera and gave minute-by-minute updates to the viewer.  He said things like, "My legs feel like needles are stabbing them!"  He did wear the best clothing too. 

But, another guy from the west wore a Himalaya body suit, with arms, legs, and hood in one suit.  He said he felt fine.  So, it would be a daring adventure.  You and I, speedy, would probably wuss out and have vodka and snacks in the hotel!  LMAO!

The Himalaya suit is made by The North Face.  They're super warm, but very expensive.

Ya good warm gear is expensive. I like the idea of sipping vodka tho lol. Possibly stolyshnia vodka. I think I spelt that correctly hahaha

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, 2prnot2p said:

Isn't also usually very windy where you are when it's that cold?  It is here, like a 25 MPH wind, which can make -12F unbearable.  With no wind at all, as in Yakutsk, it might be feasible?  Probably not for us!  LOL!

Ya the wind is killer that's for sure. Just like here today, it's only-20C but with a 30 to 40km/h wind it feels twice that lol

• Agree 1
  • 3 months later...

Well, it's now the middle of winter in Australia.  @speedy3471,  I hope you are enjoying some summer weather now.

The temperature here got down to +2C a few nights ago.  That probably seems like nothing to cold climate people,  but for an Australian it's bloody freezing! 🥶

Strangely, the last couple of days have been unusually warm.  The north wind has been blowing from the desert,  and daytime temperatures were up around +22C .   I just turned off the heating and opened the windows.  Back to normal tomorrow I think.

• Like 1
On 6/28/2019 at 7:57 AM, likesToLick said:

Well, it's now the middle of winter in Australia.  @speedy3471,  I hope you are enjoying some summer weather now.

The temperature here got down to +2C a few nights ago.  That probably seems like nothing to cold climate people,  but for an Australian it's bloody freezing! 🥶

Strangely, the last couple of days have been unusually warm.  The north wind has been blowing from the desert,  and daytime temperatures were up around +22C .   I just turned off the heating and opened the windows.  Back to normal tomorrow I think.

Its 22C here today and its summer lol. We have had a handful of days above 30C. July and August is the warmest months here

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, peeingone said:

Would You rather live in a place where it is hot all the time? Or rather live in a place which it is cold all the time? 

Great question lol. Neither lol. 

If I had to choose, cold. You can always dress for the cold but heat once your naked that's it lol. 

Hot and humid or just hot lol?

• Like 1

With my chronic lung disease... it's rough either way...

If it's below freezing... I can't take a deep breath outside without my lungs hurting and getting out of breath very quickly, within a few moments of outdoor air. 

If it's above 90 degrees with humidity or even above 90 without humidity I can not take a deep breath outside. I get out of breath very quickly. I become very weak. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

With my chronic lung disease... it's rough either way...

If it's below freezing... I can't take a deep breath outside without my lungs hurting and getting out of breath very quickly, within a few moments of outdoor air. 

If it's above 90 degrees with humidity or even above 90 without humidity I can not take a deep breath outside. I get out of breath very quickly. I become very weak. 

Awe. You need an in between climate, hot but not to hot and lower humidity 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 months later...

Australia's winter is now definitely over.  We had our first day of warm spring weather today.  +32C.  Peach, plum and orange trees are in blossom.  The scent of orange blossom is so strong it fills the whole back yard,  and that's just from one tree.

Weather will probably be pretty nice here from now until Christmas,  but after that it will start to get hot.

• Like 1