Jesus Christ, whatever next!

steve25805

21 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

I found it very interesting in college, but not sure if I can totally subscribe to it.

There and then

Altruism can be really born only in deeply altered states of consciousness, where the feeling of "marvel" goes Beyond simply being hit by something cool

There is where true love is born too

Never found it in its deepest form outside those levels

People truly in love can reach it but they don't notice, it's a really different hormonal condition, not based on desire, but more like when you wake up drunk in the morning on the sand of the beach after a devastate-party and you see a mom breastfeeding or an IMPOSSIBLY BEAUTIFUL girl all naked peeing just near you, and you go Beyond the psychological stance of "appreciation" and transcend into mesmerizement

When you love something so much, then it CAN happen that you really want to be beneficial toward it

Outside of that, yes 99% of altruism is motived let's not say by selfishness, let's say it's driven by the understanding we humans need mutual help, so more than selfishness, I could call it a "selfishness-originated empathy"

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 4 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 4:08 PM, spywareonya said:

I have Always appreciated your posts and if you try to remember we had some cute exchanges in the past. But now I have to ask: how can you follow a religion that warped His teachings to the point that in their opinion you are going straight to hell for being on this forum?

Wake up boy! There IS a God that loves us, but religion is not His Word… it's His greatest problem!

Allow me to ask you this: it is said that The Enemy Always wanted to be worshipped in God's place: behold what religions did in the last 3 millennia and ask this yourself. What if he… succeeded…?!

Dear spywareona.  Many thanks for your post above which I have only just spotted and appreciate.  Some Christians may indeed consider that membership of this forum and others like was grounds for damnation.  There are many other Christians who would take a very different view, especially ones from the liberal or anglo-catholic wing of the Church of England, a body of which I'm a member.  Many of them would probably say that an interest in pee was perfectly innocent in the same way that they'd say masturbation was normal and, so long as it took place in socially acceptable contexts, entirely harmless.  It is perfectly true that the world's religions don't have an unmixed record, but one has to appreciate that they are essentially part of humankind's muddled attempts to try and understand that reality which many people call God.  It is essentially an untidy and messy business and all humankind can do is try its best.   

Edited by Adyguy6970
  • Love 1
On 3/7/2019 at 12:11 PM, 2prnot2p said:

There's a theory in Evolutionary Biology/Behavioral Genetics/Sociobiology that puts forth the premise that there is no such thing as true altruism.  That is, every so-called act of doing for another at your own expense actually is motivated by selfishness.  Of course, it's an unconscious thing.  I found it very interesting in college, but not sure if I can totally subscribe to it.

The theory is about "selfish genes" not "selfish people." 

It goes something like this:

We human beings are machines that have been built by our genes for the sole purpose of making copies of themselves.  The genes program us to do things that result in more copies of them being created.  The genes do not care what happens to us as individuals at all,  as long as we make more copies of our genes.  That is - the genes are selfish, not us.

If a person dies because they protected their children or nieces and nephews from danger,  their genes are fine with that.  Their genes made them altruistic to that extent.  That person got killed so more copies of their genes could selfishly survive.

So in that example,  the selfishness of a person's genes caused that individual to be altruistic, not selfish.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:55 PM, Adyguy6970 said:

Dear spywareona.  Many thanks for your post above which I have only just spotted and appreciate.  Some Christians may indeed consider that membership of this forum and others like was grounds for damnation.  There are many other Christians who would take a very different view, especially ones from the liberal or anglo-catholic wing of the Church of England, a body of which I'm a member.  Many of them would probably say that an interest in pee was perfectly innocent in the same way that they'd say masturbation was normal and, so long as it took place in socially acceptable contexts, entirely harmless.  It is perfectly true that the world's religions don't have an unmixed record, but one has to appreciate that they are essentially part of humankind's muddled attempts to try and understand that reality which many people call God.  It is essentially an untidy and messy business and all humankind can do is try its best.   

You emanated a marvellous, sensitive energy while you was writing that and it prevented me from harsher replies...

Yet I must state: I respect the fire of your personal faith, but I cannot respect religions in themselves, they went too far in subverting His word, the Reality many people call God is just a step outside our petty life, all we need to do is open the door to Him

Something which I rarely saw among people who consider themselves believer

From the Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 25, verses from 35 to 45

Jesus is speaking to many people, some of them believe to be perfect while other did their best in silence:

35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Later he approaches the boastful ones who stick to was is APPARENTLY right and kicks their asses:

41 '‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Here you go pal

I feel a pure and white brilliance in your faith, but what you read up here is my opinion about religions

Not saying they do not do anything good: just that they also do too many bad things, and far from the teaching of God

Edited by spywareonya
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, spywareonya said:

You emanated a marvellous, sensitive energy while you was writing that and it prevented me from harsher replies...

Yet I must state: I respect the fire of your personal faith, but I cannot respect religions in themselves, they went too far in subverting His word, the Reality many people call God is just a step outside our petty life, all we need to do is open the door to Him

Something which I rarely saw among people who consider themselves believer

From the Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 25, verses from 35 to 45

Jesus is speaking to many people, some of them believe to be perfect while other did their best in silence:

35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Later he approaches the boastful ones who stick to was is APPARENTLY right and kicks their asses:

41 '‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Many thanks for your lovely, kind reply.  Matthew 25 v 35-45 is a good piece of practical theology.  I try to put it into practice so far as I am able, although I know that I don't always succeed or get it right by a long way.  I'm sure many people of faith try to do the same within the limits of their resources and circumstances.      

Here you go pal

I feel a pure and white brilliance in your faith, but what you read up here is my opinion about religions

Not saying they do not do anything good: just that they also do too many bad things, and far from the teaching of God

• Love 1

Something happened to the screen, I'm not sure what.  Many thanks for your lovely, kind reply.  Matthew 25 v 35-45 is a good piece of practical theology.  I try to put it into practice so far as I am able, although I know that I don't always succeed or get it right by a long way.  I'm sure many people of faith try to do the same within the limits of their resources and circumstances.      

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Adyguy6970 said:

Something happened to the screen, I'm not sure what.  Many thanks for your lovely, kind reply.  Matthew 25 v 35-45 is a good piece of practical theology.  I try to put it into practice so far as I am able, although I know that I don't always succeed or get it right by a long way.  I'm sure many people of faith try to do the same within the limits of their resources and circumstances.      

I have traveled much deep in my occult life, so sometimes I feel a stranger among humans

• Love 1