Been having a rough time.

Awe iam sorry to hear this. Christmas can sure be a lonely time of the year. Hopefully your hubby spends as much time with you as he can. As for the friends, you have lots here. I know it's not the same as hanging out but dont be afraid to chat or PM with anyone 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

As Speedy3471 said, the holidays are often a tough time for people.  I think it has something to do with the fact that we're encouraged to feel happy now.  Some would say that it's almost forced upon us.  And, the typical human reaction is always to resist, or to think about what isn't cheerful in one's life.  Does that make sense?  I hope so.  And, with a new year coming, it's only a natural reflex to reflect on the past year or years too.  And, some of that will usually be negative as life is far from ideal.  That's my spin on why the holidays tend to make many folks feel down.

Always remember, Blackinksoul30, you're not alone in feeling this way.  Many of us do, for various reasons.  Whatever you do, be good to yourself.  You deserve it! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

Between my hubby in college... (well he's on xmas break now but he had been really busy with homework and studying with finals), him working full time as well. I haven't hung out with a friend since June. I still have a cold and struggling with chronic illness. I just feel really isolated. I just want to feel better. I want to get out and have fun. I feel like I live with a 'room mate' rather than a spouse. 

*Hugs*

We are always here for you. I'm really sorry that your husband has been away and that is really hard but he will come back and you will have great times together. I know we are a lot of random people from the internet but we are here for you. If you ever need anything I think I say for everyone here that we would love to help. My inbox is always open if you need to talk. 

I hope things get better,

-Riley

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

He's sorry that he's away so much but there's nothing he can do. And i know that. I know things will be rough until he graduates in 2 years... but the whole 'friend' thing... that's been bothering me for 10+ years... and i've tried everyones suggestion about how to make friends.. nothing really has worked. 

Thank you Riley! 

Blackinksoul30.  Chin up there darlin'!  Just know that this too will pass.  Many of us here have gone through this or worse! 

My ex and I met and dated in high school.  Then the Vietnam thing separated us for a while. When I got back, we married and I too went back to school.  It can be tough.  We eventually parted ways but our time together, though tough sometimes, only made us stronger I think.

Most of us are available via PM if you really need someone to talk to.  Thank Jesus for the internet!

PS:  You never did explain what the heck diamond painting is (wink)!

@Blackinksoul30, my heart goes out to you.

I know that you and I haven't really interacted much, but I know what it is like to be alone. I am a natural loner though so it probably bothers me a lot less. But my life has been transformed in the last couple of years due to the friendship of a young lady from Latvia. It is totally platonic and non-romantic/non sexual, but we love each other almost like family. I know I'd miss that terribly if she were no longer in my life.

Fact is, life has it's twists and turns. You never know what lies around the corner so please do not despair. I am busy with work quite a lot but always respond to PMs as soon as I can. I know it's not what you are really looking for, but feel free if you just want to say a bit about yourself and start a conversation. I am a guy with many interests - who knows, we might share some.

And in spite of my obvious sexual peccadilloes as evidenced by my membership of, and postings on, this forum, I view the ladies first and foremost as fellow human beings with interesting things to say, and not primarily sex objects at all. So if ever you feel lonely and have no one else you'd rather turn to, you are welcome to give me a shot and send me a PM.